“Previous Hampton Inn fan moves to Salvatore's GRAND Hotel”

Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed January 29, 2010

A small group of us were in town to take out a group of clients. They suggested dining at Russells - the steakhouse located at the GRAND hotel. As a frequent traveler to Buffalo my favorite hotel in Buffalo is the Hampton Inn on Main Street in Williamsville. Since we were celebrating with the client, I opted to have our group stay at the GRAND hotel for convenience.

BOTTOM LINE: I felt that we got twice as much comparable space for half the price (in comparison to the Hilton Hampton Inn).

First, the hotel is new. The biggest thing the hotel has going for it is that it is VERY spacious. The rooms are very large, the shower is large, the hallways are wide - they even have chairs and tables in the hall that I saw people using. The decor is very warm and relaxing. The rate(s) are very competitive. I think the rack rate is around $90-$100. With the AARP discount, I got the room for around $85. Some upgraded to the jacuzzi for $125. Comparing this to the Hampton which starts are $155 for a standard room and is standard size the GRAND has considerable value.

Now, I have capitalized GRAND hotel because there is another Salvatore's down the road. We almost accidentally booked at the wrong hotel as that one appears to not have a restaurant and has reviews of being 'garish' but the names are very close. So, make sure not to confuse them as we almost did. This is definitely a business class, professional hotel.

On the down side, the view leaves something to be desired, the walls are a little thin, and I prefer a hotel that includes conditioner not just shampoo.

I will also mention that Russells steakhouse was a great place to eat. I particularly enjoyed watching the owner (an old world gentleman) orchestrate the management of the hotel. It was like watching a maestro at his finest. This is definitely a labor of love for him.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Salvatore's Grand Hotel

Reviewed December 22, 2009

I booked the dinner for two and the Jacuzzi Suite for my boyfriend’s birthday. I wanted to do an early check in because I wanted to set up the room with some birthday surprises. They had no issue with early check in!!

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the restaurant, we were probably over an hour late, but they still held the table that I requested which I was very very happy about! Dinner was good. My boyfriend got the seafood bisque and the filet which were amazing. I got the dinner salad and the lamb, which were decent, but not the best that I’ve ever had. But the coffee was out of this world! The best cup I’ve ever had by far!!

The room was amazing. Set up the same as The Garden Place Hotel, but the TV’s are bigger and mounted on the wall. The Jacuzzi was so relaxing and comfortable. The bed was a king size and very comfortable! Shower could have used a little more water pressure.

Breakfast the next morning was perfect. Waffles, French toast, scrambled eggs, sausages, home fries, cereals (hot and cold) coffees and juices. It was perfect. We really didn’t have a complaint about anything, we were very happy with the service and the stay.. I feel like the ppl that complain about places like this have their standards too high. Go to have fun, relax and enjoy a night away!!

We def felt like a Queen and King for the weekend. Def worth 190$ for dinner, Jacuzzi suite and breakfast buffet in the morning. Wonderful and would do it again in a heartbeat!!! =0)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bearhugz23
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in early December.
Upon check in, in the swipe key folder you are presented with the price list of items that are in the room. Coffee Machine 40$ Coffee Mugs 10$ Glasses 10$ Iron 40$ Ironing Board 40$ and towels and so forth.
Never in all my travels through United States, Canada the Carribean and Europe have I ever seen such a thing. Not that I would ever dream of taking anything, but I did not get that welcoming feeling that it was implyed that we may. Really weird!!!
The room was clean, the staff was welcoming. Breakfast, was the usual, I expected better from all the comments.

My complaints were noise, (the plumbing is wicked noisey) as well as the noise from the heater which is located right near the bed. The hall noise was surprising since this hotel in new. Stay on the south side of the building, the noise from the garbage bins on the north side drove me crazy until 11:30 pm. Just the kind of stuff you try to get away from on a break.

2nd was the comforter/blankets on the bed, I woke up freezing and wore socks in bed the second night. Not winter weight for sure, and because the heater is right beside the bed, it was a cook, or freeze situation.

Other than that It was very clean, bed was comfortable.
Not to be missed is the steakhouse, the food and service were awesome.
I would recommend the restaurant without a doubt, but the jury's still out on the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tuesdaysgone
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We reserved the one night Sunday package. The bed was wonderful, the pillows were even nicer. The dinner was really good and so was the breakfast in the morning.
We loved the scent in the hallways, we are already planning our next trip across the river.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

we stayed here on a friday night, no dinner, once we got int the room we didn't want to leave. the jacuzzi was awesome, just don't fill it up too high or when you turn on the jets it will splash on the mirror and ruin your view of your partner. the bed was very comfortable, everything about this room shouted "you are RICH!" we felt like we were in a $500 suite in Toronto or someplace else, not Buffalo! but everything was awesome. it was a little noisy at night, be that's to be expected with jacuzzi suites, etc. we stayed on the 3rd floor. they have a wall mounted flat screen with external dvd player with rca audio & video cables, so you can plug in your camcorder or ipod to play music. we found out too late, that for only $30 extra you can extend you checkout time from 11 am all the way to 3 pm, so we will definately take advantage of that next time. :)

5  Thank SteveWas
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We're just back from celebrating our anniversary at Salvatores Grand Hotel. We took advantage of the "Sundays at the Grand" pkg. which was an incredible value ($139 plus tax) including dinner and a night in one of their spacious and beautifully appointed jacuzzi rooms. At dinner, Russell Salvatore showed us to our table. A very thoughtful and gracious host. We enjoyed a perfectly cooked "Tomahawk" Ribeye that came with an amazing sauce, which Russell served himself. The whole meal from the cocktails in the lounge (gotta see the huge TV - great for watching a game) to the delicious onion soup, to the sweet homemade cake that we were surprised with... everything was superb! The only way to finish an evening like that was to head back to the room for a lovely soak in the jacuzzi and a sweet night's sleep in a very comfy bed. We appreciated the hot breakfast buffet included in the price and also took the opportunity to burn a few calories in their fitness room before checking out. THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL ANNIVERSARY!

5  Thank lkb813
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My husband and I just returned from spending the evening at Salvatores Grand Hotel for our anniversary, and I cant find 1 negative thing to say about this place. The hotel itself is amazing, very modern clean rooms. Our room had a huge jacuzzi in it, huge walk in shower and King bed, what more could we have asked for. We ate at the hotel for dinner in the restaurant formerly known as Russells and it was amazing. All aspects of our 3 course meal was superb!!!! I had the filet mignon and it literally melted in my mouth.
For the price we paid $200 USD, which included the room and dinner, I couldnt have been happier. We cant wait to go back!

5  Thank Sandra74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Aloft Buffalo Airport
Aloft Buffalo Airport
#4 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport
The Delavan Hotel & Spa

Been to Salvatore's Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!