All reviews russell salvatore steak royal suite chops dinner package bose radio first class all the way jacuzzi suite overnight package breakfast buffet next morning rooms are beautiful romantic getaway walk in shower sausage room was spotless flat screen
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I booked the dinner for two and the Jacuzzi Suite for my boyfriend’s birthday. I wanted to do an early check in because I wanted to set up the room with some birthday surprises. They had no issue with early check in!!

When my boyfriend and I arrived at the restaurant, we were probably over an hour late, but they still held the table that I requested which I was very very happy about! Dinner was good. My boyfriend got the seafood bisque and the filet which were amazing. I got the dinner salad and the lamb, which were decent, but not the best that I’ve ever had. But the coffee was out of this world! The best cup I’ve ever had by far!!

The room was amazing. Set up the same as The Garden Place Hotel, but the TV’s are bigger and mounted on the wall. The Jacuzzi was so relaxing and comfortable. The bed was a king size and very comfortable! Shower could have used a little more water pressure.

Breakfast the next morning was perfect. Waffles, French toast, scrambled eggs, sausages, home fries, cereals (hot and cold) coffees and juices. It was perfect. We really didn’t have a complaint about anything, we were very happy with the service and the stay.. I feel like the ppl that complain about places like this have their standards too high. Go to have fun, relax and enjoy a night away!!

We def felt like a Queen and King for the weekend. Def worth 190$ for dinner, Jacuzzi suite and breakfast buffet in the morning. Wonderful and would do it again in a heartbeat!!! =0)

Date of stay: December 2009
2  Thank bearhugz23
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in early December.
Upon check in, in the swipe key folder you are presented with the price list of items that are in the room. Coffee Machine 40$ Coffee Mugs 10$ Glasses 10$ Iron 40$ Ironing Board 40$ and towels and so forth.
Never in all my travels through United States, Canada the Carribean and Europe have I ever seen such a thing. Not that I would ever dream of taking anything, but I did not get that welcoming feeling that it was implyed that we may. Really weird!!!
The room was clean, the staff was welcoming. Breakfast, was the usual, I expected better from all the comments.

My complaints were noise, (the plumbing is wicked noisey) as well as the noise from the heater which is located right near the bed. The hall noise was surprising since this hotel in new. Stay on the south side of the building, the noise from the garbage bins on the north side drove me crazy until 11:30 pm. Just the kind of stuff you try to get away from on a break.

2nd was the comforter/blankets on the bed, I woke up freezing and wore socks in bed the second night. Not winter weight for sure, and because the heater is right beside the bed, it was a cook, or freeze situation.

Other than that It was very clean, bed was comfortable.
Not to be missed is the steakhouse, the food and service were awesome.
I would recommend the restaurant without a doubt, but the jury's still out on the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2009
1  Thank tuesdaysgone
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We reserved the one night Sunday package. The bed was wonderful, the pillows were even nicer. The dinner was really good and so was the breakfast in the morning.
We loved the scent in the hallways, we are already planning our next trip across the river.

Date of stay: November 2009
Reviewed November 6, 2009

we stayed here on a friday night, no dinner, once we got int the room we didn't want to leave. the jacuzzi was awesome, just don't fill it up too high or when you turn on the jets it will splash on the mirror and ruin your view of your partner. the bed was very comfortable, everything about this room shouted "you are RICH!" we felt like we were in a $500 suite in Toronto or someplace else, not Buffalo! but everything was awesome. it was a little noisy at night, be that's to be expected with jacuzzi suites, etc. we stayed on the 3rd floor. they have a wall mounted flat screen with external dvd player with rca audio & video cables, so you can plug in your camcorder or ipod to play music. we found out too late, that for only $30 extra you can extend you checkout time from 11 am all the way to 3 pm, so we will definately take advantage of that next time. :)

Date of stay: October 2009
5  Thank SteveWas
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We're just back from celebrating our anniversary at Salvatores Grand Hotel. We took advantage of the "Sundays at the Grand" pkg. which was an incredible value ($139 plus tax) including dinner and a night in one of their spacious and beautifully appointed jacuzzi rooms. At dinner, Russell Salvatore showed us to our table. A very thoughtful and gracious host. We enjoyed a perfectly cooked "Tomahawk" Ribeye that came with an amazing sauce, which Russell served himself. The whole meal from the cocktails in the lounge (gotta see the huge TV - great for watching a game) to the delicious onion soup, to the sweet homemade cake that we were surprised with... everything was superb! The only way to finish an evening like that was to head back to the room for a lovely soak in the jacuzzi and a sweet night's sleep in a very comfy bed. We appreciated the hot breakfast buffet included in the price and also took the opportunity to burn a few calories in their fitness room before checking out. THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL ANNIVERSARY!

Date of stay: October 2009