“Best Place”

Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is the one hotel I usually always book when I go to Buffalo. Its so fancy and the rooms are always huge, the showers are even a pretty big. Its a great location - not super close to things but still in a decent location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MandaaG

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Was given a gift of room and dinner for two, I was not sure as I am not much for all the frills, bling and gaudy displays, it's not for me, BUT what a nice stay. Rooms are as good as you will get anywhere, very comfortable and fancy. Breakfast was great and most impressive, the owner, Russell was at breakfast talking to guests and was even helping clean some tables in the breakfast tables. I am always impressed when the owner/ boss is not afraid of getting his hands dirty. They did not have room for us for dinner, but gave us another certificate for dinner we can use within 90 days. The hotel is very clean, quiet an comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jww1962
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Russell's Grand Hotel could be 5 star, but there are some things that I would do differently in terms of customer service. For example, when we checked into the hotel, it was obvious that the hotel had vacancies that night. Some of the jacuzzi rooms were vacant, but they will not give you a complementary upgrade to a better room like that. I realize it is Russell's business and he can do what he wants, but if the rooms are available, I would think you'd want to go out of my way to make the customers want to come back! But it is what it is!

What DID bother me more than that, though, was after our dinner. We stopped by the front desk, where the receptionist was busy watching college football. We asked if he could have someone bring two champagne flutes up to our hotel room, to which he told us, "You can get them yourselves at the bar area!" Umm, I know I can do that, I asked you to do it! When we went to ask the bartender, he said, "Well, I can only give you wine glasses." What? You had no problem pouring champagne into flutes for people at the restaurant, but not hotel guests? I guess at least he didn't give us paper cups!

The rooms are nice, but the beds are extremely firm! It's also kind of weird how the sink is not in the bathroom, but to be fair, it is a nice sink! Housekeeping was also really loud the following morning, so needless to say, it wasn't the best sleep I had.

I know some of you reading this might say I'm being particularly critical of this stay, but when Russell Salvatore acts like he's personally giving you 5 star treatment, then everyone should reflect and really assess if they really received top-notch treatment. Personally, I didn't think so. This hotel might pass for 5 stars in Buffalo, but there's absolutely no way it would be 5 stars in New York City or any other major metropolitan city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fifth floor. That way, there's nobody above you making noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BenN529
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have put off reviewing this hotel for several years selfishly hoping nobody discovers it! Salvatore's is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Anywhere!! The owner lives in the hotel and almost always is there to greet you at breakfast or dinner. The staff love him and it shows in the quality of their service.(always with a smile) The location is excellent with easy access to the highway, malls and restaurants.(though the one in the hotel is EXCELLENT)

Salvatore's Grand Hotel has now been discovered and I can only hope there will be a room available for me the next time I go to Buffalo.

Room Tip: The rooms on the fifth floor are newer but all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ballenis
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Staying at Salvatore's Grand Hotel was an experience which I wasn't expecting to come across. The hotel hallways were ten feet wide or more, with lounge table and chairs in them. Maybe as a space filler. I was in a spa room, which I suppose is something you get that close to Niagara Falls. Cleanliness was terrific. Linens terrific. Attention to detail of room cleaning was first class.

Minor quibbles:
1) A bathroom needs a bathroom fan
2) Bedside tables need power outlets
3) When in the hallways, I could hear into rooms; That's a privacy problem.

If the company springs for it, I'll stay there again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jwhiteta
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wow--such wonderful accommodations are found few and far between. This is one of those special places that you put on your list of "must stay there" when you return. From now on will only stay at Salvatore's anytime we're in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent the weekend at Salvatore's and it was our first stay and would go back again. We stayed on the newer top floor and all was fine. One small bump with some dirty towels that were accidentally left in our room and I truly believe such a small oversight is an exception here and Michael from the front desk quickly resolved it for us. Also recommend the dining room if you stay here. Good food and great service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
The Delavan Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Aloft Buffalo Airport
Aloft Buffalo Airport
#5 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Holiday Inn Buffalo International Airport

Been to Salvatore's Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!