“This is an exceptional hotel”

Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Cape Coral, Florida
“This is an exceptional hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Wow--such wonderful accommodations are found few and far between. This is one of those special places that you put on your list of "must stay there" when you return. From now on will only stay at Salvatore's anytime we're in the Buffalo area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Newmarket, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent the weekend at Salvatore's and it was our first stay and would go back again. We stayed on the newer top floor and all was fine. One small bump with some dirty towels that were accidentally left in our room and I truly believe such a small oversight is an exception here and Michael from the front desk quickly resolved it for us. Also recommend the dining room if you stay here. Good food and great service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Reasonable price and the breakfast buffet beats any chain. Rooms are nice, only concern was they seemed to be a little to warm and only way to cool them down was to open a window. Your close to airport so with the window open it gets a little loud. Restaurant has amazing food and service, excellent attention to detail.

Stayed November 2013
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The king room we had was surprisingly nice. The free bkft was impressive. We had multiple family members from around the country book here for the night of a wedding not far from here. It was a great choice. The only thing this hotel is missing is a pool.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scp427
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have stayed at Salvatore's Grand Hotel 3 times this year and have 2 more reservations pending for the remaining of the year. Every time that I return, I am amazed how much better my experience gets.

The rooms are large and comfortable...although the carpet in a few are threadbare and need to be replaced. I'm not a Jacuzzi person and always request a room with a sofa, with the staff able to accommodate me most of the time.

The bar area is fantastic...with big screen TV's all around. Great when you're traveling alone and want some company watching football or hockey while sipping a nice single malt. The food at Russell's is absolutely THE BEST in the Buffalo area. If you like shellfish, be sure to order the crab cakes as an appetizer...95% lump crab meat! They also have this crispy fruit bread which is easy to get full on, especially with the 3 types of butter that it served with. The free breakfast buffet is complete with a wide variety of both hot and cold foods and always well presented and maintained.

This trip I ended up working a little later in my hotel room in the morning and had a wonderful conversation with my room attendant PAM. Not only did she do a fantastic job cleaning the room, but her personality, pride in the hotel and affinity and loyalty to Russell Salvatore made her an excellent ambassador and PR person. Her son had just started as a busboy in the restaurant and she was so proud of him. She started telling me a little of the history of the hotel (since she is one of the original employees) and encouraged me to start reading the complimentary copy of Russell Salvatore's autobiography placed in my room. I started reading it and meant to purchase a copy before I left, since all of the proceeds go to charity, but in my haste forgot to do so. It's a great read, written from the heart, and I will get my copy when I return there in a few weeks.

Having stayed at a number of other private and chain hotels in the Williamsville/Amherst/airport area, it's easy to see why this hotel is rated #1.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the 3rd floor, but am interested in trying out the new 5th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Touche57
Fredonia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in a Jacuzzi suite and were very happy with the room, nice tub and large shower. bed was comfortable and furniture was good quality. our dinner was very good, we enjoyed the bar also. I would recommend this hotel and restaurant..very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dennis s
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was traveling from Chicago with my mom and my two precious Pug Girls. I originally booked the econolodge in this town for one night while traveling to MA. Drove up to that place and refused to go in. I went across the parking lot to Salvatore's Grand. I was desparate as we now had no where to stay. I asked if they were pet friendly and was told that the owner wouldnt allow it, so i asked if they could help me find somewhere to stay with my Pugs. The one desk clerk, her name was Kyle, was the sweetest person to me, she eventually called Russ over and asked if he sould make an exception for one night, he said yes...but can i go in the back because they do not normally take dogs...of course i agreed. The room was amazing, large, it smelled great, there was a note from the housekeeping staff too. Super clean, comfortable, i felt right at home. If i could give Salvatore's Grand a hundred stars i would. The breakfest rocked my socks off!!! I thank you Russ Salvatore from the bottom of my heart, you saved us that night and gave my pugs a clean place to rest their heads. I will definately be back. The geisheker family Loves you!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are amazing!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pugmama1992
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
The Delavan Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!