“It's always a pleasure”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Hamilton, Canada
“It's always a pleasure”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Staying at Russ Salvatore's Grand Hotel in Williamsville, NY, is always a pleasure for my wife and myself. We normally booked the accommodation/dinner package which never fails to please. Thank you Russ and staff for making us feel so welcome on our 44th anniversary visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Lake Helen, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel has certainly got 'character.' There are some amenities, however, that are styled to be 'avant garde,' but present a usability issue.

Our group included college-educated world travelers, and they were not able to immediately determine how to turn on the faucet, or get the air conditioner to work! Sacrificing function for unique style is typically not a good idea.

It is quite noisy at night, but that is to be found at most hotels — people coming and going at all hours of the night.

The mid-morning staff were quite rude and unhelpful; the afternoon staff were cordial and accommodating.

We will likely pass on another stay at this hotel (favoring a more ‘traditional’ area, like the Hampton Inn), but it was a nice experience to have.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Check in: super nice, friendly, helpful staff.
Room: very clean, updated, comfortable beds, neat shower ( change temperature and turn water on with buttons not knobs)
Buffet breakfast: more then just your average continental. Has scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and then your normal cereals, pastries, juices, coffee, fruit and yogurt.
Overall we had a great stay and it is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank cdnscubagirl_8
Simcoe
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you go on Tuesdays you'll get a real treat, most of the expensive meals are $10.00 and the appetizers are $5.00. We thought that the food might be substandard to meet the lowered costs but that didn't happen. Same delicious food, same everything, just a whole lot cheaper. The hotel just opened up a fifth floor and we were asked if we'd like to try it out, oh yeah!!! King size super comfortable bed, a dozen throw pillows, Bose music machine, Wi-Fi, 50 inch flat screen with many channels, the latest and greatest in shower and washroom facilities. The staff was everywhere and always asking if we needed anything, beautiful place with ambience to spare. Truly a wonderful place to call home while on the road and so close to Buffalo Airport.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room, never had cause to complain. the only thing that threw me was the revolving fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Magoo819
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have spend many fantastic weekends at Salvatore's Grand Hotel and Russell's Steak House. From the time you arrive. the staff are friendly and helpful and make you feel welcome. Whether it is for a romantic weekend for 2, a couples getaway, or stay, park & fly overnight, this is the perfect place. The dinner package includes an overnight stay, a fabulous 3 course dinner in the restaurant (Russell's Steak House) and breakfast the next morning. It is a great value. The owner Russell and his grandson are on site all the time, welcoming you back and chatting. This is such a personal touch. I highly recommend this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms are nicely decorated and spacious. The beds are very comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Although I have written a review on this Hotel before I really need to write another. My wife and I have been to Salvatore's about 6 or 7 times before so we went last weekend to celebrate Mother's Day. I spent 50 to 60 nights a year at various hotels throughout Canada and the States so I like to be spoiled and always go bad to great hotels.

Salvatore's is by far the best of any hotel that I know of. Everything about the hotel is consistantly fantastic. The rooms are spacious and always spotless. They are very well furnished and really do add to a romantic weekend. This past weekend was no exception. I actually booked the Royal Suite as a special treat to my wife and myself. All I can say is "WOW". All the rooms are great but the Royal Suite is amazing. Large and comfortable with a fireplace and extra large tub abd shower. Great weekend and I can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and always get the package for dinner and breakfast. You won't be disap...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trenton, Maine
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were visiting some friends in the area and found Salvatore's online. The price was right and honestly, we were intrigued by the photos/ reviews. It's very close to the airport and highways. The staff we encountered were friendly and professional. Restaurants and shopping are easy to find and also close by. Ok now the decor. Wow! This place has it all from statues, to fountains, to chandeliers, to furniture, to figurines and even a large fish tank. Let us not forget the large atrium area with the Grand staircase and rooms that overlook it. It would seem that this is all tacky but yet it is perfect in every way. There is just the right amount of every over the top detail. Its fantastic! The hotel and our room were spotlessly clean. There is a convenient coin-op washer and dryer in the vending area. Only small issue...the shower was a little strange with buttons instead of knobs but I got the hang of it. I felt like I was in my Italian grandmother's house and I loved it. We both loved it actually. We are originally from Rochester, now living in Maine. Honestly? We would make the 1.5 hour trip to Rochester just so we cold stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Diana W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
The Delavan Hotel & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton Buffalo-Airport

Been to Salvatore's Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!