“Perfect again”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
NIAGARA FALLS
“Perfect again”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Sorry this review is a little late.There is a time frame when you write a review from the same place. We stayed just before New Years Eve. We had a two room suite. It was beautiful. Check-in was fast and friendly. We had the dinner package. The food and service is always fantastic. Love the lobster mac side dish. Again seeing Russell and Mark around the hotel greeting people makes this hotel so special.Thank-you to all the staff that made our trip perfect.Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Lockport, New York, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have stayed at Salvatore's Grand Hotel on numerous occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, etc... and have always found the service outstanding. This hotel is attributed with beautiful decor in the lobby, lounge, bar and even hall ways. We always stay with their dinner package, a night in a jacuzzi suite with dinner for two, it comes to around $219 all together if you don't order anything extra at dinner... and believe me, the quality of the room/jacuzzi and the food are all well worth the expense. As we are in our twenties and wished for a night away from our monotonous lives, Russell's Grand was the first place that popped into our heads! Upon your arrival you notice a sweet smell in the hotel which continues everywhere throughout the hotels, mostly present in the hallways.. (must be plug ins that are set on a timer... but what a nice touch!) The rooms are amazingly spacious with pillow top beds, down pillows, flat screens, HUGE showers, mini fridge, microwave, DVD player and safe. Everything is SPOTLESS and white-glove checked.. I have only found an issue with a small amount of dust on a bedside table once during our third stay. This time around we had not booked dinner because we had intended on dining else where due to plans with friends but dinner wound up having to be cancelled due to an emergency with our friends..... we decided to approach the front desk and ask if we could upgrade to the dinner for two and they informed us that unfortunately there was no room in the dining room that night, however, we could dine in our rooms for an extra three dollar charge..(which, I don't think should've been applied bc their dining room was full and nothing we could help...) BUT, we booked last minute and it's three dollars... who cares. Room service was AMAZING. We ordered champagne with dinner which was delivered to our room first in an ice bucket and two glasses, shortly after dinner arrived wheeled in on a beautiful round table for two... all three courses without the hustle and bustle of the dining room and in the comfort of our bathrobes, what could be better!? Another great point... while you're sleeping the slip your room charges and final bill underneath your door so in the morning you know what you've accumulated and you can prepare your methods of payment before reaching the front desk which makes check-out such an easy, quick process. Last mention... the bartenders are WONDERFUL. We sat and drank at the lobby bar for hours entertained by their staff and HUGE flat screens.... Shoutout to Greg and Shannon for their excellent service!... Any age, you'll find what you're looking for here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lara L
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2012

My husband and I have stayed here many times on the dinner/stay package, always an amazing value and wonderful service and food. The rooms are beautiful. However we won't be staying here this time. I made my usual online "Package reservations" Included dinner, stay and a wonderful breakfast (which is always fantastic). After making my package reservation I then proceeded to make my dinner reservation. To my surprise the date I was trying to book in the dining room was completely full (Feb 14) I called right away and was transferred to the restaurant, the girl confirmed the restaurant was completely booked for the whole evening. When I asked her for options she said they do not keep a cancellation list so I would need to check everyday for a cancellation or get room service. As you can probably imagine its Valentines day, we do not want to eat in front of a tv in our room! I was so disappointed and totally let down. Why would do they book "package rooms" if the entire package is unavailable. Seems to me there is not alot of communication between the dining room and the hotel. Nevertheless we cancelled our reservations and I was happy that down the street Salvatore's & their Garden Place Hotel were more than happy to accommodate us. Long story short if you are planning on booking I suggest booking the dining room 1st to make sure they have availability before going to the trouble of booking the hotel and then having to cancel. In my opinion if they are offering packages they should be accommodating the staying guests 1st or simply keep track and block off packages whenever they are full.

Room Tip: Make sure the dining room has availability before booking your room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank lives4cookies
, Owner at Salvatore's Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
You are absolutly correct. This was not handled to our satisfaction either. Being Valentines day, and seeing that for this holiday our dining room sells out two months in advance, our hotel should not have been selling packages, but rather just the jacuzzi rooms and breakfast. We have learned a valuable lesson from your comments and next year this will be handled differently. Advise for anyone planning on spending any holidays with us, please book early, so that you may enjoy the entire package if this is your intent.
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had a recommendation from my colleague Phil and he couldn't have been more right. The rooms were spotless and every detail was looked after. I loved the small microwave and fridge in the room. The free breakfast was amazing and the price was so low I could not believe it. I will definately be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 294kk
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My wife and I have been itching to go here after hearing about it from so many people in southern Ontario - it is a apparently a well-known getaway for Canadians.

We took advantage of their Sunday night special, which included a king jacuzzi suite, 3-course dinner, and buffet breakfast.

Upon arriving, I was a bit hesitant; the outside of the hotel doesn't look like anything special. In fact, I thought it actually sort of looked tacky. Once inside though, all hesitation vanished. The hotel is lush and lavish, with fine attention to detail. The hallways were wide enough to fit a vehicle down, and our room was immaculate and well decorated. The jacuzzi was right in our room in front of the TV and not tucked away in the bathroom as simply a shower tub with jets. Dinner was phenomenal and elevated our stay to a true first-class experience. The wait staff were all well trained in excellence. I felt like I was dining in a fine Vegas resort.

On a side-note, the owner (Russell) was present all night long overseeing everything and then appeared at the breakfast buffet early the next morning. It occurred to me that this is a man with a passion. He wanted to create a stunning hotel experience and he did just that. The hallways are full of paraphernalia about his life and his hotel passion. I am willing to bet money that Russell lives right in the hotel. You can really tell that he has dedicated his life to running this fine establishment and has succeeded in every sense of the word.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GroundState
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Sounds like I'm gonna make a bad review..... But it's actually the complete opposite! For what we paid which is 50$ extra a night from surrounding hotels this was a real deal! Clean, friendly, clean, great service and did I mention clean! This hotel will be my one and only choice whenever I go to buffalo!

• Stayed November 2011
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I need to go to the Buffalo area on business a few times a year. This Hotel was recommended to me by a client. It is really an amazing deal and on top of that they have a great Steak House attached to the Hotel ( Russell's ). I travel 50 night a year so I think I know my stuff and this place rocks...

Room Tip: Upper floors are the quietest,,,
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Hyatt Place Buffalo / Amherst
The Delavan Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!