Lowest prices for your stay
$89
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
ZenHotels.com$118
1,239 results
All reviews garden place empress suite sausage free shuttle waffles jacuzzi tub shuttle service beautiful hotel buffalo airport first floor buffalo area hot breakfast dinner package niagara falls airport shuttle park and fly steak
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2019

The carpets in the halls and room were extremely stained and showed signs of very poor care. Stain on ceiling looked like mold. The bed was so awful! Anytime you moved on it sounded like dried leaves were inside it. When checking out the staff would not even asked how stay was. The good reviews of this place is at a different hotel than I stayed.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank sherylandrew
Reviewed July 14, 2019

We rented the largest suite in the hotel.. Our room was in a state of disrepair and did not have the items mentioned in the description. Our room was suppose to have a dining area with a table and chairs, not there. The ceiling was stained, the dimmer switches were missing knobs, the Jacuzzi tub was so dirty when my husband turned it on he had to jump in the shower (maintenance apologized, then failed to flow through with cleaning it), there were blown light bulbs in the vanity area (that was fixed), there were ants in the toilet room (tried unsuccessfully to get rid of them). Our room had not been remodeled. We saw other rooms that had, they were beautiful. Outside our room was a coffee station. The coffee machine kept turning off.
They set up the lobby area very nice for the wedding. The sound system didn't work properly for the music or mic. The rehearsal dinner arrived 40 minutes late from their kitchen (in another building) and they waiter forgot the plates, silverware and serving pieces. We ordered signature salads that cost more based on the ingredients. They arrived not put together and in bowls to small to assemble them. Our guests loved the food.
The bartender on Friday and Saturday night was very good. The entire staff went over and above when a rehearsal dinner attendees phone was stolen.
The sauna is off the lobby and in full view of the lobby.
The reception was at the restaurant about a mile down the road. They did an amazing job.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed July 11, 2019

First the man in the front desk laying in my and refused to give us a double bed for the 2 room we have. He was saying that the motel is fully equipped and the only available are king beds only. We were traveling 7 hours to reach there and tired so at 9:30 pm I don’t have the power to cancel and look for another hotel. I took the keys went upstairs to the room to find that the room were not ready yet, and the housekeeper lady talk to the front desk to tell him that she just clocked in and she just start the cleaning (very nice lady by the way and respectful)
It seems the guy on the other end was screaming at her, she told me to go back to the front desk. I went back and this time gave me double bed room with sofa bed too , how sick is that? A minute ago they were booked and now just changed them. Now let’s go over the beds they are very old mattress not comfortable hard as a rock, the sofa bed is very old and the bed on it is gross. Most of the furniture are out dated, carpets are very dirty, the air condition was not working well I looked at the filter it showed the last time changed the filter was few years ago(see pic). Add to that my kids found a nodules can the expiration date was October 10,2018 and you can imagine how many years it was there(see pic). Towels were very old and ripped (see pic). The bed covers were ripped in the middle (see pic). The motel is 35 to 45 minutes from Niagara Falls is your call you can pay the extra for gas and parking to get hotel next to the park. Let me tell the out side of the building is very cool with all the statues and the water fountain ⛲️ (didn’t work) but it is cool and the way to the front desk and the room is gorgeous , but do not let it fool you what inside. Add to that if you book through third party like( Priceline, booking, etc) they will treat you differently like what happens to me they said because I booked through Priceline I will get kingbed. The only time I face such response when 2 stars hotels but with 3.5 stars this it shows they are acting like cheap hotels were the management operates that way. If they don’t want to give the customer what they are asking? Why you accept those third party deals? It doesn’t matter whether the rate was lower than your rate, it is not my fault you lower your rate and I got the advantage of it or you have to tell in advance that the rate is for only for the king beds only, but don’t laying in my face. I think the hotel have a nice potential to be 3.5 stars if managed as 3.5 hotel not as 1 or 2 stars hotel. P.S (I couldn’t upload the pictures)though
I don’t recommended this motel pay a little extra to get a better deal! I always get deals with 3 stars hotels and always like them and treat you as their customer and take your request seriously not as this one. Lastly, I rarely do a review for any hotels but this one disappoints me.

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank SiouxCity1
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Wish I can put score 0 on the review.

So, I travelled to Buffalo,NY to visit Niagara Falls with family and my parent. We booked two rooms for three nights, June 30-July 3. Upon our arrival, we already see a plain unfriendly front desk.

On the third night after spent whole day in Niagara Falls, we came to the hotel close to midnight only to find that both of the rooms weren't made up. No housekeeping touched our rooms to tidy up and restock clean towels. My wife walk all the way down from the second floor to the front desk complained about it and the best solution they gave was handling my wife bedsheets and couple towels to carry back to the rooms. I found it very unprofessionally and rude to ask a guest to carry the room supplies themselves. I walked down to the front desk a moment later asjed them why they did that. Two guys at the front desk that evening just gave me sinical smiles and said nothing they can do, with no apology. They told me to talk to the manager in the morning.

Next morning, I spoke with the manager, Dustin, complained about the situation. Again, I got a response that I wasn't expected. He started to talk down to me with a disrespected tone while mentioning that because I booked through Priceline so they cannot do anything to address the situation. It just doesn't make sense and very unprofessional. It seems like they have unwritten policy that they are allow to be careless and rude and will treat guests who booked through third party differently.

I booked hotels via third party many many times and never have any similar experience.

For fellow travelers, avoid this hotel or be prepared to deal with their rude manager and staff.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank BlacksburgBen
Reviewed July 10, 2019

Very rude guy in the reception, and was laying about the hotel is fully booked and can’t give us a double bed room because we booked through Hotwire. All carpets are very old dirty and furniture are out dated. I will add some pictures for the carpets and furniture later. Avoid if you can, I will report it to hot wire to not give it higher recommendations anymore!

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Kooragoo
Nicholas S, General Manager at Garden Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry that you were not able to get a room with double beds in the room.

When looking into your reservation more you booked a rate plan that was a run of house rate. While this is a cheaper rate to book though hotwire, it does not guarantee you any type of guest room.

I am sorry for any confusion.

Have a good day!