“We love it more every year”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2005

My wife and I make a point to go every year for our anniversary. It is the perfect short trip. We live in syracuse, so it is a nice 2 hour drive...but you just feel like you are on vacation. The staff is the nicest, and most helpful ever. The rooms are always in excellent shape. We find every year the decor gets more and more "fancy". Even if you are not into their decorating sense, it is so elaborate that you just have to smile and appreciate the owners vison. I highly recommend the jazuzzi suite and dinner packages...the only way we go. You can not beat the price. Dinner is fantastic...they make sure you feel like a king and queen. I can't say enough. We love it more every year.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

maryland
Reviewed July 16, 2005

My husband and I went away on a long weekend . We discovered the Garden Place on the internet and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The staff was very helpful and attentive and we had a great time . I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms were very nice and the atmosphere was fun.
Not your run of the mill hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 28, 2005

We discovered The Garden Place quite by accident a couple of years ago. We were flying out of Buffalo and were staying overnight in a nearby hotel. This particular hotel looked very different from the others on the strip and so we stopped in and picked up a brochure. I can't say how happy I was we did that as we have been going there overnight at least twice a year. They have very affordable packages (especially on Sunday nights) where your room, dinner and breakfast are included. There are a few different types of rooms from the basic up to suites. We usually ask for a jacuzzi room.

The decor is, as other reviewers have said, gaudy and not to my taste, but very clean and well maintained. You know that they have taken a lot of time and attention to detail. The front desk and housekeeping are very accomodating and friendly. The only thing I would change is the max. temperature coming from the shower. It is electronic, which is great, but only goes to 98 degrees, a little cool for most of us.

The draw for us is the dinner. A shuttle bus takes you to the restaurant on time for your reservation so there is no need for a designated driver. The restaurant is a throwback to the 60's and 70's when people dressed for dinner and really valued ambiance. The staff are exceptional, extremely helpful and professional. The food here never disappoints and is superior or on par to many 4 or 5 star establishments we have dined at.

Christmas is not a time to miss at Salvatore's. I was in awe at the twinkling lights-very tastefully done-I felt like I was in a fairy tale! People were coming in to the reception area just to have their pictures taken in this wonderland.

We are going back tomorrow for another overnight getaway and I can't wait!

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank lin77
Reviewed January 11, 2005

Yes, it's gaudy and full of gadgets but if you travel a lot for business this is a fun departure from the predicable hotels/motels. I enjoyed the door peephole that rotates so you could see all directions - what fun! The in-room snack bar was reasonably priced and electronic. The birds and the fish in the lobby just added to the enjoyment. If you're looking for zen-like starkness stay somewhere else. This place is full of personality and fun.

5  Thank minkewhale

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cheektowaga, NY
Reviewed February 13, 2004

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#7 of 12 in Williamsville
Aloft Buffalo Airport
Aloft Buffalo Airport
#4 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Price Range: $105 - $177 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville