“Was asked to give a Second Chance and we did.”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Mississauga, Canada
“Was asked to give a Second Chance and we did.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here in April on a recommendation of a friend. I left a review on Tripadvisor and the General Manager of Salvatore's asked us to come back and give his property a second chance.

We checked in on October 11 for one night as we were flying out of the Buffalo Airport early Saturday morning. Front desk staff were very pleasant. I confirmed my reservation for the Shuttle bus they offer to the Airport. I say that because I thought I booked the ride to the Airport three weeks before, so I was surprised to hear that they don't reserve spots on the shuttle until you check-in. I asked why someone on the Front Desk would tell me that I could reserve a time on the Shuttle when in reality you cannot?

We were given one of the huge Emperor Suites which was a very pleasant surprise. The room was very large with chrome and mirrors everywhere. There were even mirrors OVER the bed. It is surprisingly difficult to sleep with mirrors over the bed. Not because the bed was uncomfortable, the bed was very comfortable, but because I kept looking up to see what I look like when I sleep.

As I said the room was very large with a king size bed, a jacuzzi tub and a sitting area with a nice flat screen TV. But the true test was at hand. As we always do when we travel, we check the room for signs of bed bugs and we are very happy to report that none were found. We did find dust in a few places, but over all we were quite pleased with the room. The one minor negative with the room was that there was only one window for such a large room and therefore one Heater / Air Conditioner and the fan did not seem to be working at top speed so the room got a little stuffy for our liking and we could not open the window for some fresh air.

We ordered dinner from Room Service and everything came well prepared and quite tasty. There was no convenient place to put the food so a desk or table would have been nice. There was certainly enough room.

The only hitch with Salvatore's was the return trip from the airport back to the hotel. We had to wait for a flight crew to show up before we could leave. It probably was a shorter wait then it really was but after a long flight and a long drive still ahead of us it seemed like a long wait.

Last time we would not consider returning to Salvatore's. After our Second Chance stay, we will consider staying here again.
then like it felt

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hhenry57
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write another review about our hotel property. I would like to personally thank you for giving us another try after your previous stay issues that you had encountered. We want our guests to know they are the most important part of our job and the reason we are here everyday working so hard. Without guest satisfaction and showing our customers we love to treat them with proper care and hospitality, we would not be able to be as successful as we are today. So thank you for deciding to return and give us another try.Please feel free to introduce yourselves next time you are in the area. We are coming out with a new rewards system starting November 2013 which we are excited to offer all our guests here at the Hotel. Thank you again and have a great Holiday Season coming up. Thank you from all of us here at the Garden Place Hotel.

Hospitably,

John Santora III
Garden Place Hotel
716-635-9000x4416
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've always seen the Garden Place hotel as I travel to Buffalo, but have never stayed there before yesterday. The first impression one gets as the see the Garden Place Hotel from the road is lots of white roman-esque architecture. Its very bizarre, and seems out of place.

I needed to stay in the Transit Rd area, and the only hotels with space left were the lower end 1-2 star motels. I really wanted something nicer, so I decided to try the Garden Place. The inside is as quirky and kitschy as the outside... I almost felt like I was in Vegas, if that makes any sense.

Check in was easy, and my room was acceptable. Spacious, with a nice bathroom - it looked like it had been recently renovated? But I was put off by the soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the shower. I would have preferred to have seen individual bottles of each. Additionally, the hair dryer on the wall is a big pet peeve of mine. If you are claiming to be three stars or above, you really should have a higher end stand alone hair dryer - women travelers sometimes have long hair and would like to take less than an hour to dry it!

Additionally, there was no full length mirror?

There was supposed to be breakfast iincluded in my stay in the Courtyard beginning at 6AM. I left around 7, and didn't see any sign of breakfast, but I didnt look very hard or ask where it might be, I had to hit the road.

So, in short, if you need to stay on Transit Rd, near the highway, this is definitely a good option for a good price!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Victoria S
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We've stayed here many times in the past, and have always enjoyed it. The hotel itself is in the process of renovating, and after so many years it needs a bit of updating. The room we had was clean but the sink and counter is very inconvenient. It would be much more user-friendly if there were towel racks for the hand towels instead of using up valuable counter space once they are used. It gets very cramped with toiletries and the towels next to the huge glass sink. The breakfast is very good, with both hot and cold offerings. We used the shuttle to the airport, and it was extremely convenient!

Room Tip: Skip the jacuzzi rooms and the "courtyard rooms".
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2chilovers
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had booked a reservation through Hotwire, and actually changed to come to this boutique hotel. After booking I called the hotel directly to inquire about their parking policy. I was using their park and fly and was told I could certainly leave my car there, no problem. No cost indicated. Upon check out, I inquired if I needed anything for my car. At this point I was informed that I needed to pay $15.00 to leave my car there. I said that I wasn't told of this and the employee responded"are you going to leave your car or not?" After working 7 years in the hotle industry I found this disgusting! This employee needs a lesson in proper customer service etiquette. I will never stay her again, Thank you. Also, you put a sign in your vehicle to say when you are away until. Is this really smart, or are we advertising to others how long my car is parked there?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank WindsorWeekenders
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and we will be communicating this with our staff. I want to apologize for the confusion about the Parking Fee you were not informed about initially. Please know that our front desk staff would not state, " are you going to leave your car or not? " to any guests in that manner. I have spoken directly to the female who had met with you while here and she is one of our top desk agents. She has been an asset to the Hotel and has gone above and beyond her customer service expectations winning the most recent employee of the month award. She would have never used that tone to any guests no matter what the issue. The parking fee has always been and is currently a charge of $15.00 which gives the guest a two week parking pass to our property. This is something that I apologize for the miscommunication and can tell you that our desk agent was only trying to inform you and help you out in this matter. We look forward to your next visit with us and I will gladly assist with anything I can do to help. Have a great upcoming Holiday Season and thank you again for taking the time to write your review.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
Garden Place Hotel
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Recently booked and hosted a corporate meeting for a small group of out of town co-workers at the Garden Place. It was a pleasant experience all around!

The event planner was available as needed and quick to reply via email and phone before the event. During the event She was very helpful, making sure things ran smoothly!

The meeting facilities were perfect for what we needed, with comfortable tables, chairs, and environment. The food that we ordered through the hotel was served hot and tasty, and our technical needs were met.

The rooms at the hotel were a pleasant surprise for my guests, and they enjoyed the decorated courtyard and public areas. Comfortable beds, TVs and remotes that worked, and functional desks met everyone's needs. The hotel shuttle also proved handy when needed.

All in all a successful event, and I would definitely use their facilities again for personal or business needs!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barry D
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Took a chance and stayed at a local Hotel that wasn't a big chain and never regretted one second of it. Everything was great from the second I checked in until checkout and I would most certain stay here again. The room was furnished with some cool things and was very comfortable and super clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a great overnight stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was also very clean and spacious (for 4 ladies on a shopping trip), beds were comfortable (and queen size! compared to the usual double). Beatiful fountain and grounds and gorgeous chandeliers in the lobby. Hot buffet breakfast and parking included in the reasonable room rate. If there was one thing that could be improved upon, it would be that there was no extra mirror in the room area by the desk/beds. Quick check in and check out and great location (close to shops and highway). Highly recommend this hotel and will be a returning guest

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
#6 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville