“Didn't now what to expect...was more than pleased!”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked this online over Hotwire and then after reading some of the reviews (which were admittedly all over the place) I wasn't sure what to expect. When I arrived after a long drive, i was more than pleased. The place is clean, the decor is crazy but I loved it, my room was huge...with a jacuzzi in it!!! It made a couple of nights away on business a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi room!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Elaborate decore throughout and good value for money! My kind of place! Obviously created and decorated with love. Unbelievable ornaments and statues outside and in! VERY comfortable with EXCELLENT front desk staff and breakfast buffet staff also, so friendly. Free breakfast buffet with eggs and sausage along with all the fresh fruit, cereal and pastries got us off to a great start before we set off down the I-90 again. It was conveniently located to the highway also. I would recommend staying here if driving to NYC or any excursion into Buffalo. It is simply the best hotel for the money that you will ever find! I'm glad one of my mother's friends recommended Salvatore's Garden Hotel to me as I hadn't heard of it before. We will DEFINITELY be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MBFBarrie_Ontario
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I can tell you that this title really made my day reading your review!! I will surely print this out and share this with our hard working staff to let them know how much our guests really apprecaite this Hotel and the Hospitality that follows. I'm so glad to see that your planning on returning so please feel free to introduce yourselves to me next time your here. If you have any special requests or needs while your in the area, please give us a call and ask for myself as I will gladly assist. I wish you safe travels home and look forward to meeting you in person. Thank you kindly and have a wonderful finish to 2013.

John A. Santora III
716-63509000x4416

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed overnight due to an early morning flight from Buffalo airport.
For 99usd we received one night accommodation,round trip transfers to airport,breakfast and 17 days of parking in hotel parking lot while away. All done with smiles and friendly courteous staff.
Will definitely stay again when flying out of Buffalo airport which is only about 7 minutes drive from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a pleasant stay on a rainy day as the lobby decor feels like a museum. The rooms are adequate, hotel staff pleasant. I always look for a more healthy breakfast, but this was the same as most nice hotels. I like organic produce and gluten-free options but these of course, were not available.
I would stay here again and bring my own food because there are frigs in the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stay here for work and enjoy the friendly staff and prompt van service and check in. It's defiantly one of a kind hotel and decorated like no other. It's family ran and has that pleasant helpful atmosphere. Restaurant and bar and has a nice breakfast in the morning. If you don't want your typical cookie cutter hotel then this is for you, unique. Some rooms even have jacuzzi tubs if you're into relaxing that way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley Y
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor.com.We strive to do the very best we can and without feedback we cannot meet the standards we strive to achieve day in and day out. I have taken the time to read your comments and I want to thank you for the kind words. It’s wonderful when our guests let others know how enjoyable their stay was with us here at the Garden Place Hotel. We strive to offer the “ Salvatore’s Experience,” and that is something that all of our employees do so well in order to offer guests like you an experience that lasts a lifetime. We look forward to your return and if there is any special request in the future, we will gladly assist. We can only improve when we learn from our guests and I appreciate you doing so. Have a wonderful 2013 and we hope to see you again soon.

John Santora III
716-635-9000x4416

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Heading toward Niagara Falls my girlfriend and I stopped here first in what we thought was going to be a long search for the place to rest. Immediately as I walked through the door this was the right place. From the huge fountain out front with statues and a gazebo it felt like our honeymoon. I asked for a jacuzzi suite but since they were sold out they accommodated us with the honeymoon suite for the same price for 2 nights. The room was perfect. Great service and friendly staff. Had a great night at the bar and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor.com. I have printed out this review and shared it with our staff here so they see how appreciative our guests are that are visiting with us. Being close to Niagara Falls we are in a great location. We are near the malls for shopping and of course Niagara Falls and Canada. All of our Staff work very hard to make it clear to our guests that we do care and that we want our guests to leave with a smile on their face. In this case, it seems they did an excellent job. The Great Service and Staff is something we have always been known for and I appreciate you recognizing them and all their hard work. On behalf fof the Hotel, I want to thank you for the kind words and wish you all the best in 2013. We hope to see you again soon and feel free to call us anytime with any questions or concerns or special requests.

John Santora III

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The P in Place being out pretty much sums up this hotel. Out-of-date and not well maintained! The decor, from the fake flowers, maniquins with mangy wigs and creepy looks, the over-the-top, mis-matched lobby furniture and thousands of tschotskis in and out of display cases just screams gaudy!

The was comfortable with plenty of pillows; however, the old style blanket inbetween the sheets made me wonder how often the blankets get cleaned. It appeared the housekeepers are so busy keeping all the fake flowers and display cases dusted that they don't have time to vacuum the edges of the room and behind the furniture.

The shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure, but the broken soap dispenser and broken jets in the tub didn't impress me. It looks like nothing had be updated since the hotel was rebuilt in the 90's. It's over time for someone with fresh eyes to look at this hotel. The location is idea and it could be quite nice, but the deferred maintenance and gaudy decor really keeps this hotel from being more than a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel. I think one of the chain hotels would be better value for your money!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank crazydoglady259
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel Property. I would like to point out a few things that you are making comments about. First and foremost, I would like ot comment on the decor and overall look of our hotel. We are known for our signature decor and ambiance that sets us apart from all other hotels. As you can seeon the pictures online and throughout the different reviews, we truly are a unique boutique style hotel. We decorate over the top for a reason and that's to make us different. Our staff does a wonderful job creating different seasinal themes and making sure they're different every year. Also keep in mind we are a 18 Year Old Property who is doing a complete renovation right now on the interior and exterior. The rooms have begun and we are at 30% completion. We have all new bedding in our rooms along with new pillows and new technology with the new Flat Screen Televisions and Ipod Dock Alarm Clocks and addinga new Lodgenet App Movie System so guests can control their television through their phones as a remote. We are excited to offer these new amenities and services that we are doing here and we hope all guests not only see the changes but embrace them as a good thing. Some Rooms have not been renovated yet and have older dispensers in the bathrooms. We are putting in all new Dispensers and adding spa quality products to enhance the guests experience. In your room you have not have the new dispensers or had a newly renovated room, but we do have small bottles of Shampoo, Conditioner and Small Bars of Soap so guests still have the items they would need. The Jacuzzi Jets also are not broken. The jets get pushed in from other guests and also from getting cleaned by housekeeping. As instructed on the wall in every room are clear instructions that state the jets just need to be pulled out to function. Many of these issues in which you are upset about could have been handled by our excellend front desk agents. If you were not satisfied with your room, we could have tried to move you into another room or possibly a renovated room if we had one available. We always want our guests to return and enjoy their time with us here at the Garden Place Hotel, so on behalf of the Hotel, I want to apologize and make it clear that if you or any other guests have issues to please bring it to our attention immediately and we will make sure you leave with smile on your face. Thank you again for taking the time to write this and I truly hope you give myself a call to give us a try again and see what we are really all about.

John A. Santora III
716-635-9000x4416
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#7 of 12 in Williamsville
The Delavan Hotel & Spa
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Price Range: $110 - $188 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville