Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Williamsville
“Great Stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We enjoyed are stay as this was the second time we stayed there in the past month. The service was excellent. We enjoyed the breakfast and the hotel atmosphere. The people were very friendly and hospitable. We would definitely stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone flying out of the airport.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our property. It's nice to see return guests visit with us and have such an enjoyable experience. We have expanded our Breakfast options and now have our famous Belgian Waffle Stations for guests to enjoy. All of our staff from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance make it a priority to interact and engage with our guests to let them know we are here for them. Any requests asked, we try to exceed and we make sure we let our guests know how important they are when staying with us. We let it be known that Customer Service is our priority and I'm glad you got to see that hands on and see if every time you have stayed with us. Feel free to contact us for any special requests or needs in the future and we will gladly assist. Thank you again for letting others know about your experience and we look forward to your return.

Jsantora@Gardenpalcehotel.net
716-635-9000x4416

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

There is something different around every corner! You can't help but have a conversation about the decor, over the top yet a perfect fit. Rooms are clean, showers are great. Very nice staff and great shuttle to/from airport. Definitely would come back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I have displayed your review for our staff to see what a wonderful job they're doing. "Different" was the key word in your review. We strive to offer an Experience that is different from any other Hotel. From the cleanliness of our property to the staff and customer service side, we want all guests to feel as welcomed as you did. We look forward to your return and thank you again for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us.

Jsantora@Gardenplacehotel.net
716-635-9000x4416
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a tired Art Deco wedding venue hotel with lots of plastic flowers everywhere. If you're not part of a wedding party, you will not want to stay here. Honeymoon suites everywhere, tacky gold plastic and huge tubs next to the beds. Found a drunk guest sleeping on a sofa in the hallway in the morning. Tacky, noisy dump.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Sarasand65
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel . Unfortunately I have to disagree with all of your comments left about this Hotel. I have been the General Manager here 3 years now and have worked for Marriott and Hilton Hotels and stayed at many nice properties. Our Hotel is definitely not one defined by tackiness or one of loud noise. We are one of the Top Hotels in the Western New York Area and we have been recognized by our guests throughout the years for our signature Jacuzzi Suites and Decor that separates us from the rest. We Strive to be the best we can to offer our guests an expereince that lasts a lifetime. We take pride in our guest services offering a personal touch when making your reservations and meeting with our staff. Our Housekeeping deparmtent is the best around and they make sure our property is top notch as far as cleanliness goes. I can assure you that this hotel will continue to offer the same great experiences as the years go on. From Ownership to management , this Hotel truly does care about it's guests and presentation. In 2014 we will finish a complete remodel of this Hotel that will really add value and services to all guests staying with us. We hope you can return and depart with a better feeling about our property. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the staff at the Garden Place. Even though we hit a few snags in our overnight package, they couldn't do enough for us. When I called back to request an upgraded room, I was chatting with a gentleman who it turned out was the front desk manager. I told him that my husband had arranged this for my 50th birthday and how he hadn't gotten a thing for his 50th the year before because our son got married on that date, and when we got there, he had given us a free upgrade to the Empress Suite! The room (Room 166) was lovely, art deco style with a gorgeous four-poster bed. Unfortunately, the flat-screen TV didn't work, nor did the gas fireplace. The very nice technician who came to our room informed us that he couldn't fix the TV and that the fireplace hadn't worked "for a long time," and said he would talk to the front desk and they would probably give us another room. Because we had been given the free upgrade, I didn't feel it was right to expect that ~ the room was, after all, lovely, if not renovated, and there was a small TV in the bedroom.

A few minutes later, the General Manager of the hotel showed up at our door. He was very apologetic and said he really wanted us to have the lovely night we had been expecting, since it was a special occasion (they must have written it right in their book, because just about every staff person I came across wished me a happy birthday!) He then moved us to a newly remodeled Emperor Suite, and it was incredibly beautiful and chic, with a full dining room (that unfortunately we didn't get to use), wet bar with refrigerator and microwave, HUGE jacuzzi tub, etc. (Room 134!)

After hanging out a bit, we decided to go down to the lounge for a cocktail, not realizing that the lounge didn't open until 4:30 (it was around 3.) The General manager saw us sitting there and came over and told us the hours, and asked us what we had wanted. We said no, no, we would just come back later, but he insisted. He asked us to give him five minutes. Five minutes later, a lovely and sweet young lady came in and made us the most amazing Bloody Marys (with Grey Goose vodka yet, even though we hadn't asked for it!) When we went to pay her, she informed us that the drinks were on the house and wished me a happy birthday ~ and wouldn't take a tip, since she wasn't the actual bartender there, but the GM knew she was *a* bartender as a second job!

The only gripes I really had with the hotel that stopped me from giving it a 5 rating: Whatever cleaning fluid they use had that strong fake-flowery smell that I usually associate with motels. It was horrible, and not what you would expect of a fine hotel. You know, one or two less antiques in the lobby and they could afford to buy something a little more subtle! (LOL) The sheets were very stiff, and the blanket was very, very thin ~ I am never cold at night, but I had to turn off the AC because of it. Also, we were not impressed with the breakfast, but hadn't expected to be after reading all the reviews here. Again, you'd think after reading all the complaints about it here, they could raise the bar a bit.

As for our dinner at Salvatore's, it was a wonderful experience. They too wished me a happy birthday as soon as I walked in, as did our busboy AND waiter! We sat on the raised area in the room with the clouds and stars on the ceiling, which I loved. Our meal was stellar from start to finish, from the spinach-sausage bread (so good we brought a loaf home!) to my husband's oysters and my clams casino. He had a filet with truffle butter and I chose one of the specials, a stuffed veal chop, both of which were succulent, tender, and perfectly cooked.

For dessert, I was a little disappointed because the online menu shows an array of desserts cooked and flamed at your table, and they were no longer on the dessert menu. When I mentioned it to the waiter, he immediately said, "No problem, we can make you whatever you like." So we picked Cherries Jubilee. By this time the restaurant was full, and our waiter alone had around seven-eight tables. The maitre d' actually came and made our dessert himself, and it was incredible. I even got a SPARKLER in mine, and I was way more excited than a 50-year-old woman has a right to be, as it brought back such amazing childhood memories, when nothing was more exciting than a sparkler in your birthday dessert.

We also loved the free transportation ~ my poor husband never gets to enjoy a drink with dinner as he is always the designated driver. And Sean, our driver, couldn't have been sweeter or more friendly.

The experience was wonderful, and we plan on booking a package for our son and daughter-in-law's anniversary in August, as well as making this an annual birthday tradition!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review about our property. It was a pleasure meeting with you both and I'm so glad that you had a memorable experience. I cannot thank my staff enough for making sure your needs were met. Again, I apologize for the issues you had encountered in your room but it was a pleasure making sure your stay was met with our professional hospitality. We are so glad you enjoyed our newly renovated Emperor Suite in room 134. It's one of our Signature Suites that our guests are always talking about. With 60 rooms completed in our renovations I can assure you that the entire property will be getting a makeover and completed in 2014. We have some new exciting features coming to the hotel that will add more value to our guests experience. We look forward to your return and again , Happy Birthday from all of us here at the Garden Place Hotel .

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I had not seen each other in a month and I decided to surprise him with the hotel/dinner package. We have done this before but we’ve always stayed at Russell's which consistently enjoyed. Unfortunately Russell's had nothing available for the night. Five years ago I had a lackluster experience at Salvatore's Garden Place, however, I decided to book a room due to the positive reviews and new renovations I had read about.

Since this was a special night I chose the Emperor Suite dinner package which came to about $250. I booked online and added that I would appreciate getting a newly remodeled suite. A few days later I realized I had never received any email confirmation from them so I decided to shoot them an email in order to ensure my room was in fact booked. A few days went by before hearing anything back. The email said my room was set and that they would "do their best to get me a remodeled room".

When I showed up the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The gentleman at the front desk gave me my key, told me that I did have a new room and directed me on where to go. When I entered the room, which was labeled "Emperor Suite" and decorated with mirrors, (which made me feel rather special), I was VERY pleasantly surprised. This room made my entire evening. It was very spacious. Huge (comfortable) bed, awesome jacuzzi, wet bar, even a small dining room table. They had an iPod dock, which Russell's does not. I put on some music and danced around because I couldn't wait for my boyfriend to see the room. It really was something. Certainly romantic.

Before dinner we decided to go to the lounge for a cocktail. The bartender was very sweet but didn't know how to make a Vodka Gimlet, so she asked us how. I felt bad for her because there were a few people there for a wedding who were beyond obnoxious and rude. Unfortunately you're going to have that if you host weddings.

It's nice that they offer a shuttle to the restaurant but we decided to drive ourselves because it was so close. They offer free valet which was a plus. The host was very nice and suggested that we sit on the new patio. The temperature was perfect for outdoor dining, so we did. Unfortunately we were seated in the corner where the wind was blowing the protective patio cover into our table. The busboy was very nice and I like that he introduced himself. There were portable fire places that didn't get turned on while we were dining but seemed like they would be lovely when used.

Our server was nice. He seemed a bit busy but that happens on a Saturday evening. We ordered a bottle of wine and tuna tar tar for an appetizer. I was having a hard time deciding on dinner because everything sounded really good. At Russell's they have the "dinner for two" menu which is part of the package. Here you just get a $70 certificate towards dinner, which is fine. I decided on the 22 oz Ribeye. Even though the size was intimidating, as was the price, ($45), I went for it. My boyfriend ordered the Salvatore's Classics. The tuna tar tar was good. The wine was good. I like that we weren't rushed and everything seemed timed perfectly, people who felt otherwise might just be a grumpy couple who doesn’t enjoy each other’s company anymore.

However, when my ribeye came out I was very disappointed. I ordered it medium rare and it was medium well plus. Maybe even well. I am a steak lover and have worked for a steak house for 7 years. I know this happens on occasion but it being considered such fine dining, I expected more. I think if it were even medium I would have eaten it because I REALLY don't like sending anything back. But this steak was just too far gone.

The server was apologetic but started suggesting things before I even had a minute to process. Instead of asking me if I wanted another ribeye (medium rare wouldn't take that long), he suggested that I get a prime rib because it would be out right away. This is a tactic I would use if someone's steak was overdone or they didn't like it because as he stated, it comes out right away. But a MR steak wouldn't have been too long of a wait. I said I would take the rib, even if I did have my heart set on the ribeye with the cab butter. I was in the mood for some grill flavor. When the prime rib came out it looked like it was two days old. I'm sure it wasn't. And I know some cuts don't look as good as the rest. But coming from a steak house that charges half the price and is known for having great prime rib, I knew this was going to be a disappointment. It looked like a plate of grizzle. I tried cutting into it and it was difficult. I took a bite and my suspicions were confirmed. I felt so bad sending back another dish that I wanted to just climb under the table. I was really upset and embarrassed. The server looked a bit angry and said he would take it off the bill. He told me I was correct about the cooking grade of the ribeye but that the prime rib was rare and THAT'S why it was hard to cut/chew. I have eaten my share of prime ribs and served hundreds. I would never have served what came on my plate. Especially not at a place like that. It was as bad to look at as it was to eat. Luckily my boyfriend liked his meal (Salvatore’s Classics) and was willing to share.

By that point I had lost my appetite. I wasn't sure if the voucher could be used if we didn't order two meals so I asked him if I could have a lobster ravioli (which was decent, even microwaved the next day), to go. He gave me a salad and a cheesecake to go with. He was then apologetic as was I, because I really would never have sent back to meals. I just couldn’t justify spending that kind of money on food I didn’t enjoy.

I am really disappointed that our dining experience wasn't good because I so wanted to love it as much as I loved the room/hotel. The food at Russell's has been incredible every time. So unfortunately when we decide to do another little getaway, I will not be choosing Salvatore's. Even if I liked the room better.

Breakfast in the morning was nice and aesthetically pleasing. The food was okay. Eggs were bland. Sausage was yummy.

If you have a group of people or it's just you and someone special I highly recommend the Emperor Suite. It was such a lovely room and it was the perfect evening (before and after dinner) for my boyfriend and I. And who knows, maybe your dining experience will be much better. All I know is thank God the room was amazing because for $250 the food wasn’t.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our properties. It was very thoughtful of you to write about both the Garden Place Hotel and our Award winning Salvatore's Italian Gardens. I can assure you that this review has been seen by all management and ownership of both properties and we are taking all your comments into consideration when it comes to our service and quality. I want to apologize for the issues you did encounter while visiting with us but I can tell you there is nothing more important than making sure we improve from these details from which you had listed. Our Hospitality and Services that we offer at both properties are like no other and we can only improve from hearing what our guests have to say. Please feel free to let us know when your planning on coming back as we would love to meet with you in person. Have a great Summer and thank you again for your review.

Halfmoon, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last week and will not be back. When I arrived, I pulled the sheets back from the bed and sat down to make a phone call. When I stood up, a bed bug crawled up from the bottom of the mattress and across the sheet. I called down to the desk and was aksed if I wanted to move rooms. I asked if there were bed bugs in all of the rooms if they were in one and was told that there had not been any mention of that before (which is untrue if you look in past reviews, which I hadn't yet)... She offered one of the newly renovated rooms and I figured it couldn't have any issues, it was late and I was too tired to worry about moving hotels, so I switched.

When I went to the front desk to get the new key, there was no apology. Just a new key handed to me without a word. I went to the new room and thought it seemed fine. I checked underneath all sheets and even lifted the mattress, at which point I found a torn and old bed skirt, but no bugs that I could see. What I did notice in the newly renovated room was that the jacuzzi tub has a white crust around portions, the faucets on the tub were stained and faded and when I tried to shower the next morning, the old wall plate that is the turn on and temp adjustment wasn't working. It was either scalding or cold. There was also no shampoo/conditioner bottles, just a broken dispenser on the wall with blue liquid in it. As I was leaving, I saw a big gallon sized container of shower gel/shampoo which I'm guessing is what they poor in there. I hadn't brought my own since even an Inn will typically have shampoo and conditioner...

Ready to leave, I figured I would at least get a good breakfast out of it. I was fairly tired after not being able to sleep thinking about bed bugs and then reading the other reviews of the hotel... The breakfast was horrible. There were eggs that were runny and sitting in water, the sausage links were laying in grease and when I finally gave up on those and decided to just have toast, the top half of the bread was stale.

Stay at your own risk. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Stephanie N
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I have to say that this accusation of bed bugs is 110% false. We have no bed bugs here and are a bed bug free property. This hotel gets inspected and treated properly for bed bugs and insects monthly, quarterly and annually and in this case this is not what was found in the room. With food being out and the garbages full in the room, ants ended up in the room unfortunately. We did treat the room immediately for ants and the room was taken care of immediately. I can assure all guests and you that there was definitely no Bed bugs in your room. I needed to make this clear. I apologize for the poor hospitality in which you are stating here as well. I will bring this up to all staff and managers to make sure this does not happen again. It does not sound normal for our desk staff to not be concerned of any issues. We are constantly training and improving our customer experience in all aspects. Thank for you taking the time to write this and we hope to have you return and see what a great hotel property we really are and how kind and curteous our staff is here at the Garden Place Hotel.

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at Salvatore's under the park and fly program. The hotel is clean. There were free drinks in the lobby and the breakfast buffet was delicious. The airport shuttle service drivers were friendly! My only complaint was that the front desk forgot to give us a wake up call. Our flight was early and good thing I set my alarm clock. We will come back definitely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#10 of 23 in Buffalo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,732 reviews

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 6615 Transit Road, Williamsville, NY 14221 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville