Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
$129
Hotels.com
$99
Agoda.com
All reviewsover the topsalvatore's restaurantgarden placeempress suiteunique hotelsausagewafflesfree shuttlejacuzzi tubnext morningshuttle servicebuffalo areabuffalo airportrooms are largewalk in showerfree breakfastthe breakfast area
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel was very reasonably priced and the value was definitely good. I would stay there again if I was visiting the same area. This hotel is certainly unique with its many statues and rich Italian design. Some may view it as beautiful and some may call it tacky but truly this hotel is not your typical chain hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, there are fountains and statues all around the premises. One’s first reaction is that the hotel is out of place for the Buffalo area. There is ample parking and the hotel was conveniently located off the main highway. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within one mile. My room was spacious and richly decorated. However, the complimentary breakfast buffet was not very good at all. Unfortunately my air conditioner was not working which made my stay not very pleasant. While hotel staff looked at it, there was not much that could be done at the time of my complaint. The hotel was sold out so there were no other rooms to be given to me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sealover12
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel has a Old Victorian feel. A bit over the top but Elegent in its own way. The hotel is very nice,clean,and has a certain charm you won't find in other hotels. It was fun eating breakfast in the "courtyard" and a bit romantic with it just being my Husband and I. It came with breakfast which consisted of various juices, cappachino, stale pastrys, yogurt w/ granola, processed eggs and make your own waffles which were very good. Hotel room was nicely decorated and had a comfy bed. The only thing missing in my opinion was a pool. However it was a neat place to stay and definitely out of the ordinary.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Attended my parent's 50th Weddng Anniversary May 18th, and I am sure I can speak for my entire family [11 of us] by saying this is a solid gem of a hotel, clearly showing pride of family ownership and without doubt, 5 star quality.
My parents had a splendid and very special time, and I thank the staff for there high level of service.
I would also recommend this hotel for Canadian shoppers looking to stay over a night or two. It is close to many shopping venues.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LeafFansGrimsby
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our unique hotel property. It's with great appreciation to know that guests like yourselves really appreciate the hard work and excellent customer service that goes into this property. The ownerhsip , managers and front line staff are all hands on and you can tell the moment you walk in the door. It's nice to hear you say such kind words regarding our hotel . I will share this with our staff and make sure they know that our guests really do appreciate what we do day in and day out. Thank you again and please contact me when you return. Have a great week ahead.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
716-635-9000 x4416

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We spent one night here and left our Mercedes for 3 nights, 4 days because we were flying out of Buffalo airport to Boston for the long weekend.
The hotel experience was fine for the price and the shuttle to and from the airport was convenient enough.
When we picked up our car upon returning from Boston the odometre had an additional 172 kms on it! Clearly someone had been enjoying the use of the car. I am certain of this because I wrote the kilometres down and left it in the locked glove box.
When I complained, the manager said that he didn't see how that was possible because the keys were kept in a secure spot and couldn't be easily accessed but when I went in to get the keys the front desk clerk simply turned to a file cabinet, pulled open the drawer and took them out of an envelope barely closed with tape. Obviously any employee could have done the same thing.
Im totally outraged that this happened! Who knows who took my car and to what end. Could have been used in a crime or filled with illegal contraband for me to unsuspectingly carry across the border.
The owner said he'd look into it and get back to me but hasn't been heard from since!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
15  Thank Corinne B
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel on internet through a representative, who made an error and booked 2x. On check in, we explained and tried to have error fixed. Front desk offered to call to fix error, they only tried 1x and kept saying that the representative didn't call back. No effort made to cancel 2nd room, I tried myself. Kept checking back w/front desk - they didn't make any effort. I e-mailed internet representative - still haven't heard back. We used one room, Salvatores booked us into 2 and made no effort at all to assist. Everytime I went by front desk, they were just standing chatting. Just a horrible stay, breakfast was not good, and to boot, I woke up with bug bites on one leg! Still trying to get refund for the unused room. I am in my 50's, never had a problem booking a room before. Very lazy unhelpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Sharon D

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Unfortunately this review has many false statements made about our property. Desk Manager Dustin Gale and desk attendant Kayliegh Roncone resolved this issue as of 5-22-2013. Two days after the guest checked out. The issue here is this guest booked on Expedia and had two diff confirmation numbers. It was an error made by the guest. My staff at the desk had notified Expedia and told them we would reverse charges and then they can refund the customer back. Keep in mind that Expedia has to refund the guest as the third party booking agent. So Expedia did not refund this guests money back right away, but the Staff here at the hotel took care of it right away. We have all copies here for files and and showing that it was up to expedia then to refund this customer in a timely manner. We apologize for the mnixup here but once we hear a guests issues, it's of the utmost importance that we resolve all guests issues when we can. Thank you again and I hope this clarify's things.

Hospitably,