“Can't think of a better place to celebrate a 50th Wedding Anniversary!”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Grimsby, Canada
“Can't think of a better place to celebrate a 50th Wedding Anniversary!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Attended my parent's 50th Weddng Anniversary May 18th, and I am sure I can speak for my entire family [11 of us] by saying this is a solid gem of a hotel, clearly showing pride of family ownership and without doubt, 5 star quality.
My parents had a splendid and very special time, and I thank the staff for there high level of service.
I would also recommend this hotel for Canadian shoppers looking to stay over a night or two. It is close to many shopping venues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeafFansGrimsby
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our unique hotel property. It's with great appreciation to know that guests like yourselves really appreciate the hard work and excellent customer service that goes into this property. The ownerhsip , managers and front line staff are all hands on and you can tell the moment you walk in the door. It's nice to hear you say such kind words regarding our hotel . I will share this with our staff and make sure they know that our guests really do appreciate what we do day in and day out. Thank you again and please contact me when you return. Have a great week ahead.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
716-635-9000 x4416

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We spent one night here and left our Mercedes for 3 nights, 4 days because we were flying out of Buffalo airport to Boston for the long weekend.
The hotel experience was fine for the price and the shuttle to and from the airport was convenient enough.
When we picked up our car upon returning from Boston the odometre had an additional 172 kms on it! Clearly someone had been enjoying the use of the car. I am certain of this because I wrote the kilometres down and left it in the locked glove box.
When I complained, the manager said that he didn't see how that was possible because the keys were kept in a secure spot and couldn't be easily accessed but when I went in to get the keys the front desk clerk simply turned to a file cabinet, pulled open the drawer and took them out of an envelope barely closed with tape. Obviously any employee could have done the same thing.
Im totally outraged that this happened! Who knows who took my car and to what end. Could have been used in a crime or filled with illegal contraband for me to unsuspectingly carry across the border.
The owner said he'd look into it and get back to me but hasn't been heard from since!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
15 Thank Corinne B
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel on internet through a representative, who made an error and booked 2x. On check in, we explained and tried to have error fixed. Front desk offered to call to fix error, they only tried 1x and kept saying that the representative didn't call back. No effort made to cancel 2nd room, I tried myself. Kept checking back w/front desk - they didn't make any effort. I e-mailed internet representative - still haven't heard back. We used one room, Salvatores booked us into 2 and made no effort at all to assist. Everytime I went by front desk, they were just standing chatting. Just a horrible stay, breakfast was not good, and to boot, I woke up with bug bites on one leg! Still trying to get refund for the unused room. I am in my 50's, never had a problem booking a room before. Very lazy unhelpful staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Sharon D
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Unfortunately this review has many false statements made about our property. Desk Manager Dustin Gale and desk attendant Kayliegh Roncone resolved this issue as of 5-22-2013. Two days after the guest checked out. The issue here is this guest booked on Expedia and had two diff confirmation numbers. It was an error made by the guest. My staff at the desk had notified Expedia and told them we would reverse charges and then they can refund the customer back. Keep in mind that Expedia has to refund the guest as the third party booking agent. So Expedia did not refund this guests money back right away, but the Staff here at the hotel took care of it right away. We have all copies here for files and and showing that it was up to expedia then to refund this customer in a timely manner. We apologize for the mnixup here but once we hear a guests issues, it's of the utmost importance that we resolve all guests issues when we can. Thank you again and I hope this clarify's things.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
716-635-9000 x4416
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

In a world of cookie cutter hotel’s Salvatore’s Garden Place stands out. Driving onto the property you really should stop to take in the architecture, the statues, fountains and overall presentation of the building and grounds. The interior of the hotel is richly decorated in a way that reminded me of pictures I had seen of how grand hotels used to look, with chandeliers ornate furniture a grand stair case and high ceilings. When you go to the lobby area for breakfast you feel like you are eating at an outdoor café somewhere in Italy. Our room was quite large and wonderfully decorated with a King size bed, Jacuzzi tub and a huge shower area with electronic water control. All of the hotel staff treated us well greeting us with a cheerful hello whenever we passed in the hall. The desk clerks were courteous and professional upon check in and the shuttle driver told us about the hotel and a lot of details about the restaurant along with his favourite choices from the menu. My wife and I came to Salvatore’s to celebrate Mother’s day and my birthday and it exceeded our expectations. The price of the Sunday night getaway package was well worth it. This was our first visit and hopefully of many more to Salvatore’s Garden Place Hotel.
Thomas S

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas S
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We usually travel to either Grove City Pa or Frankenmuth Ma for our twice yearly shopping trips to the states. Fortunately for us we couldn't find a hotel in either area for the dates we wanted and decided to go to Buffalo instead. Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel was recommended to us by two of our friends so we gave it a try. What a pleasant surprise, this hotel is modeled on a hotel right out of Italy, is it gaudy, very much so but it is all part of the ambiance that makes Salvatore's a great place to stay in Western New York. The room was large and clean and included a king size bed and a love seat. The breakfast was more than ample and included a hot and cold buffet. The breakfast area was modeled on an Italian cafe complete with street lamps, colorful decorations and life like waiters. The price for the room was more than reasonable for what was supplied. They provided Shuttle service to their restaurant about a quarter of a mile down the street.
If you are taking flights out of the Buffalo airport you can stay the night at Salvatore's and leave your car in their parking lot.
All in all it was a great experience and we will stay again

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aquatamer
Riverview, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I were on our way back to Riverview, MI after several days in Rhode Island and a day in Massachusetts. In Rhode Island we stayed at the Biltmore in downtown Providence - it was ok, but very very pricey - i.e. $26 a day to just park the car of the hotel guests; service was just ok; restaurant prices were off the charts). So, in stopping in Williamsville at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, we were blown away - the friendly service, the reasonable price of the room, the room service food, the gorgeous, unique surroundings (we took tons of pictures inside and out) was a very pleasant surprise from other hotels we have stayed at. Coming from the historic Biltmore in downtown Providence we were not expecting anything close - especially considering the price difference. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the neat breakfast in the morning, and the friendliness of the staff. We already put that in our phones with all the info to make sure we stop there again! To me, it's a 5 star!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor - which I think had been recently remodeled - the room was spacious, qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara K
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2013

An odd yet enjoyable experience. The decorating is wonderfully gotti and overdone, and they have an amazing fish tank near the entrance that we spent at least an hour watching. Room was nice and fairly standard with the added bonus of having a large jetted tub. We actually only booked a standard room without the tub but were pleasantly surprised. Lovely for a unique romantic overnight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
#6 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Property: Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville