“Seems to have gone down hill”

Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years and were very disappointed in our last stay. The air conditioner was terribly loud and ran intermittently so it disrupted our sleep all night long. There was nothing covering the bathroom drain and the towel bar actually fell off when my husband removed the towel. The headboard was stained and dirty as well as the wall. The orange juice at breakfast was warm and the waffle iron was broken. The one positive for the stay was the shuttle drivers; very courteous and kind.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Joyjoy1390

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed overnight in this hotel before our flight out of Buffalo early in the morning. We did a park and fly reservation which was very convenient. We had a jacuzzi suite at a very reasonable price and we left our car there all week and were shuttled to the airport. The hotel itself is very beautifully decorated and has a taste of Italy theme. The rooms are good size and the hotel is very clean. They have a fitness center which is nice also. The only areas of improvement would be either new bed linens (thicker) or possiby pillow top mattresses. Also they need to work on the hot water in the walk in shower as it was lukewarm. Other then that we would stay again if we were to fly out of Buffalo again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

A short couple of nights at the above. Rooms are very 70's and the general decor fits the same discription but they are spacious, competively priced and clean. I think this hotel fits perfectly for travel in and around the Buffalo, Niagara area and also serves the excellent restaurant only a few hundred metres along the road.

1  Thank roystonwb0065
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were going on an early flight from Buffalo airport to Las Vegas. We needed a place to stay the night before and to park the car for a week near the airport. A co-worker recommended this place and the ratings from TripAdvisor were decent so we figured why not. We reserved a room with a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub in the room.

Check-in was painless, but I was told that I would have to leave my car keys with the front desk while we were away. The next morning, I was told by the airport shuttle guy that they need the keys in case they have to move the car for various reasons. Why didn't the front desk clerk tell me that in the first place.

So we get room 139 which was right down the hall from a banquet facility. The room was dark but seemed OK. My wife and I checked the room for bed bugs and we found no evidence of an infestation. But we did find the remains of chocolate cake between a seat cushion and the arm rest on a chair. Also the same chair had food stains on one side of the cushion and when I flipped the cushion over, there were even more stains. Lesser of two evils I guess. We also found that very little cleaning was done under the night tables so we both wondered that what else wasn't clean in the room. Which made the room less clean if you know what I mean.

Remember I said that the banquet hall was just down the hall from our room. Well that night they had a wedding and the music was blaring well into the night. Also the guests of the wedding that were staying in the hotel kept waking us up when they were going back and forth from the wedding to their rooms. Why wouldn't the hotel put the wedding guests into rooms closer to the banquet facility instead of regular guests.

Since we had an early wake-up call we decided to order food from the restaurant that is affiliated with the hotel. It came quickly and was still hot when we got it and it was delicious. I had a shrimp cocktail and spaghetti and meatballs for supper. My wife shared my shrimp cocktail and had a turkey panini sandwich. All well done and very tasty.

While we were watching some TV, my wife saw an ant on the floor, then another and soon we found a trail of ants from under the middle of the bed to were the hot tub / jacuzzi joins the wall. To me that is another sign that perhaps housekeeping does not do a very good job. I called the front desk and were told that the hotel was almost sold out and we didn't want to move to another room as we were already settled in for the night.

We decide to try to get some sleep as we had to get up early, when discovered how firm the pillows were. I mean very, very firm pillows, which were very uncomfortable for us. But even with the firm pillows, the loud music and the wandering guests we did manage to sleep, but not well. After a while everything calmed down from the wedding, when the people above us decided they were going to have a jacuzzi. Well the noise from the tub filling with water and the sound of the jacuzzi was unbelievable. It was like the jacuzzi was right in our rooms.

The shuttle bus was on time and took us to the airport quickly and the driver was very pleasant. Also the front desk clerk named Dustin was very helpful and I got the feeling that he sympathized with our many difficulties that night.

Over all our stay was to say the least terrible. If we ever fly out of Buffalo airport again and we stay here, I will bring pillows, ear plugs and a can of Raid.

Room Tip: Stay away from the banquet room.
6  Thank hhenry57
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property both here at the Garden Place Hotel and Salvatore's Italian Gardens Restaurant. It's with great dissapointment that your stay was not up to our standards. On hehalf of management I want to let you know that this is not the response we get from guests as you see on all the other reviews. We offer an experience to remember and I would love to make this right and do that for you. Please feel free to call me next time your in the area and I can assure you that you will experience what we really are all about. I have looked at this room hands on and have noticed no ants or food on the chair as someone must have cleaned by now. Our staff will be informed of this review and we can only improve from something like this. As you experienced, we have many services and amenities that make a stay here memorbale and one to tell others about. We have a great hotel & restaurant and excellent staff working here. Again, thanks for taking the time to write this and we look forward to your return and making things right this time around and every visit with us. Have a great week.

Hospitably,

John Santora III
Garden Place Hotel
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net
716-635-9000 x4416

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I read a lot of the reviews here when I chose to book this hotel, but I still wasn't 100% sure what to expect. When we arrived, everyone was nice from start to finish. It was an easy check in process and when we got our room, we were surprised to see a Jacuzzi tub. The room was clean and was big enough that we didn't feel claustrophobic. While there isn't a microwave in the room itself, there is a microwave in the hallway and it was clean.

Then the breakfast! It was delicious and we loved eating in the "courtyard" where we were surrounded by an outside setting. it was perfect and the food was delicious and everyone was nice and helpful.

When we come back to Buffalo, we will be staying here again. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Our room was near the parking lot and we heard "honking" for a while as people were lockin...
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We arrived at your hotel on Fri April 19 for my wife's 40th birthday. The only reason we decided on your property was due to feedback from others. Not sure why our experience was not great.
We were checked into a room which apparently was renovated. It was ok however not spectacular. The outside of the hotel could use some paint and the doors were not secured which for any hotel seems odd. My wife was very disappointed and at this point I could not leave since it was the only place we had a reservation. The soap dispenser by sink was broken.Carpets were worn.
We were told to catch a shuttle 15 mins before our dinner reservation. We shuttled with 3 other couples in a van with an unfriendly driver to the restaurant which was elegant.
However we were squeezed in like sardines side by side tables of 2 which felt like my wife and I were dining with others. Not romantic. The server Richard was great! Please tell him that! The food was ok but nothing over the top. And they did nothing for her birthday.
We left the restaurant and again had the same driver who should not deal with the public. We asked what the difference was with the 2 hotels since we were not aware of the two hotels and he mumbled. One owned by son and one by father and they don't get along. Great answer.

My wife looked so disappointed. At that point we spent the night since we were there but could hear everyone walk down the hallway and step on some metal plate outside our door.

Then in the morning we were looking forward to our "BREAKFAST BUFFET". This was far from a breakfast buffet. It was serve your own and make your own waffles. We travel alot and this was comparable to Holiday Inn. It was not a buffet. It was terrible.

For an establishment that caters to couples this was not what we expected and I would not recommend it to others.

Upon checkout we asked to speak with someone and the front desk girl with piercings said her fill out a comment card and I will leave it for him. Well apparently it was "lost"

We paid a total of $ 207.00 on our credit card plaus the extra 40.00 at the restaurant and I feel we should get some type of compensation. This was not worth it and someone should have spoken to us on departure as my wife was so upset.

7  Thank leaffan99
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I can assure you, that this was and is not the Salvatore’s Experience we want all guests to have when visiting with us. The Hotel is now 17 year old and has not had a facial change just yet. I can assure you that ownership has begun the necessary steps to improve this property. We have started with the interior and rooms and then will work our way to the outside of the hotel. The new rooms we have are very nice and our guests have been telling us how wonderful they are. The larger suites have been started but not all have been finished just yet. We are known for the details whether it be cleanliness in our rooms or adding a special touch with our customer service and room service. The breakfast here at the hotel has been expanded since last year and we offer over 25 items for breakfast. We have added the homemade waffles and other items to exceed our guests expectations. Again, as you can see in most of the reviews and feedback we hear, our breakfast is more than the continental from other hotels. It’s included in your room rate and a complimentary amentity we offer to all guests staying with us here at the hotel. We hope you return and try us out again in the near future as I will personally make sure everything is up to your expectations. Feel free to call me anytime and have a great day.

Hospitably,

John Santora III
GARDEN PLACE HOTEL

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for a shopping get away for two nights. What a fantastic property. They know what service means here without a doubt. From check in to check out, everything done with expertise and a smile. The whole hotel, inside and out, and our appointed rooms were absolutey spotless. The shuttle to and from the restauraunt is wonderful. The driver was so friendly and knowledgable. The breakfast in the morning was super. There was a nice young girl on that keeps everything filled up, right up until 10 when it is over. She keeps the tables wiped and clean and the dishes cleared away. The dishes are NOT disposable as you aften see in breakfast area! We hope to return sometime, and bring our husbands along! I wish I could rate this property higher than a 5! I rated the spa as they have a spa listed on their homepage that they will bring to the hotel for services. I looked them up and we went to them. They too were great. Nice clean shop, friendly, and great service there too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
The Delavan Hotel & Spa
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Price Range: $94 - $151 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville