Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
$84
Agoda.com
Buffalo Airport Inn(Williamsville)
Hotels.com
All reviewsover the topsalvatore's restaurantgarden placeempress suiteunique hotelsausagewafflesfree shuttlejacuzzi tubnext morningshuttle servicebuffalo areabuffalo airportrooms are largewalk in showerfree breakfastthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We checked in around 2:00 pm on Monday Jan. 28 and were given the keys to room 121. Upon entering the room, we were hit with the strong smell of what appeared to be sewer gas. After complaining to the front desk we were given the keys to room 225 without any arguments. The room was clean and comfortable. After about 5 minutes, we were called by the front desk to inform us that there was a problem with our credit card. I took my card to the front desk and they tried once again to load the card manually (instead of having an electronic reader) which failed (system error). I was told is was probably due to my card being a Canadian credit card (Visa Gold issued by the TD bank which has been used in many other US locations as well as across the Caribbean and Latin America without any problem). After having to pay cash up front for our three night stay due to the hotel's outdated computer system, I was less than impressed. The only other complaint we had was the quality of the breakfast buffet; rubber eggs, sausage that tasted of freezer burn, lack of fresh pastries or fruit.
We were shuttled to Salvatore's Italian Gardens restaurant Tuesday evening. Driver was prompt, courteous and pleasant. Dinner was incredible!
Upon arriving home after a 3 night stay, I read the review written by Nick D. on Jan. 26th (2 days before our being checked-in to the same room) complaining about the sewer back-up in room 121. If there had been a sewer back-up in that room, the carpet and underpad SHOULD have been completely removed, the floor underneath completely disinfected (as well as the drapes, bed everything else) and replaced with brand new carpet and underpad. No one should have been checked into that room until that had been done. Management should have closed room 121 until it had completely been cleaned and sanitized; MAJOR MISTAKE! Based on that and the credit card foul up, I am giving Salvatore's a poor overall rating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dave B
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property even though it does not reflect on us in a positive manner. We would like you to know that we are deeply sorry for the issues you have encountered with us here at the Garden Place Hotel. These are not normal issues that we have here at the Hotel and I can assure you that all problems have been resolved. I have looked at room 121 and it's up to par and cleaned properly. We have had no other complaints after this. As far as the breakfast we never put out bad food or frost biten items, We offer many breakfast items of quite the variety to exceed our guests expectations. We would like to make this right and we are very sorry for the issues you had with us. Please call me directly and I can assist you in resolving the issues that you had. Thank you agian and have a great day.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
716-635-9000 x4416
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net

Reviewed January 27, 2013

In town on business. Thought I'd give this place a shot. Well maintained, clean and comfortable bed. They actually have free coffee and hot chocolate machines down the hallways. Nice LCD TV with more channels than I can remember. Pillows were not the most comfortable in the world, but I have had a lot worse. And, Internet was out for a night. Not very strong connection when it was working either. Shower was also out of control spraying out into the bathroom floor as well. Some old curtain to try to block the water. Crazy setup. I could live with the shower and pillows, but needing the Internet for business pushed my score down.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jas849
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here as a part of a park and fly. We booked via Easy to Book and left our car for two weeks for and additional $15. This was cheaper than going thru another site or directly via the hotel. we were satisfied with the service and the shuttle service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Louis N
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on our Park n Fly options here. We offer a great service at an incredible price. We are glad you had such a pleasant visit and hope to see you again soon in 2013. Feel free to ask for myself next time you are in so I can meet you in person. Thank you again, from all of us here at the Garden Place Hotel.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net
716-635-9000-Hotel

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Salvatore's will not disappoint. You'll get a clean comfortable room...a great buffet breakfast with a plentiful assortment of fresh donuts in a hotel with luxury common rooms, and a small very private and relaxing bar. They also provide a free shuttle to their top notch in food and luxury restaurant which is a mile or so away.
We go to this area to antique ...and this is DEFINITELY the place to stay. Buffalo is close, as is Niagara Falls. A great casino , Native American owned, is just North. Lots of antique seeking opportunities all around...especially to the East in Clarence! Great place for couples to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms to the West face Transit road...which is BUSY...ask for a East room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caling107
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed a night here as i was flying out of Buffalo Airport. Hotel offered 2 weeks of on site parking for small extra charge with shuttle to and from airport. This was Christmas period and the place was decorated beautifuly. Our room was large, comfortable and very clean. The package included a shutle to their own restaurant for a meal that was just great. Morning brunch on site was varied and fresh. Service at hotel and the restaurant was impeccable.
Add it all up and you'll surely see the place is a remarkable value for persons visiting Buffalo area or those travelling from the airport.
$185.00 Cdn. got us 2 queen size beds in a lovely room, shutle to fine dining with $66.00 credit for food, and 2 weeks parking on site with shuttle to and from airport.
Did I mention the staff were tops in every way.
A wonderful experience, highly recomended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family