Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Buffalo Airport Inn(Williamsville)
Econo Lodge(Williamsville)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsover the topsalvatore's restaurantgarden placeempress suiteunique hotelsausagewafflesfree shuttlejacuzzi tubnext morningshuttle servicebuffalo areabuffalo airportrooms are largewalk in showerfree breakfastthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to do a pre-Christmas cross-border shopping trip for a change of scenery. I Googled this hotel and the price was good. 30% off for mid-November. We had a blast!
The decor was Christmas was so elaborate, a feast for the eyes.The area for breakfast is beautiful and we enjoyed happy hour at the bar. The room was also very nice and comfortable. And then we went to the restaurant for dinner and were blown away by the Christmas decor. One employee told us it took volunteers 2 weeks to do it. I don't doubt it. The dinner we had was amazing and the staff very attentive. Very impressed by the wine list but we found it all to be very overpriced. $18 for a half bottle that sells for $8 for a full one in the store.
We will certainly go back just the same.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed many times for a one night get-away (We live an hour away on Canadian side).
Hotel package is great value. Staff is friendly and they know what they are doing. Well managed property. Rooms have been renovated a bit recently. Still a bit "unique" but clean and well done.
Good breakfast set-up.
But….Salvatore's (their off-site restaurant) is, in my mind, becoming a bit tired. My wife and I love the old "Supper Club" feel to the place but…..Bartender was "slick willy" type from a Sinatra movie. One foot up on the drink rail, "been there/done that" attitude. Service staff in general seemed to be a bit on "auto pilot" and not much real hospitality happening.

Food this time was a B- at best. My Sea Bass was too big and not great. My wife's steak was good, not great. General sense we had was that this place needs a kick in the butt! Younger, keener staff or a bit less of the "resting on our reputation" attitude of the old guard.
I am sure Salvatore's / Garden Place will continue to prosper. I'd just like to see them freshen up a bit.
Still a fun time at a good price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Team J
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel is a pleasant and wonderful place to stay for a really change of venue. The staff are friendly and prices are very reasonable. Great location due to it's convenience to airport, shopping and restaurants. We received a Jacuzzi suite and the room was huge. The morning buffet breakfast was terrific and an even bigger treat is the hotel's restaurant "Salvatore's". The hotel offers shuttle service to and from the restaurant every fifteen minutes. This hotel would be a wonderful hotel for longer stays as well. We have visited this hotel four previous times and we have always been extremely happy with our decision.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi Room is extremely large with a separate bathroom and the hotel overall is very quiet. We have stayed in many different locations at this hotel and the location we were not happy with was a room facing the foyer. We prefer to have our window looking outdoors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a wonderful review like this. On behalf of the hotel I want you to know we all appreciate your kind words and love hearing from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your time at our sister property Salvatore's Italian Gardens. You truly cannot have the full experience unless you eat dinner at Salvatore's Italian Gardens. We look forward to seeing you in 2013 and have a Happy New Year and Merry Christmas.

Hospitably,
John A. Santora III
JSantora@Gardenplacehotel.net
716-635-9000 x4416

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had a very nice stay here in a clean, well-appointed room.

I've normally stayed in the big chain places around Williamsville and they've been fairly mediocre. Salvatore's was a pleasant surprise and I'll be back.

One note: show up early for the breakfast buffet. These things -- at many hotels, actually -- turn into a madhouse when everybody trys to eat at the same time. I'd say go before 8am or give it a shot later in the morning. Go when it's crowded and you'll just get aggravated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Once again our two night stay at the Garden Place Hotel exceeded our expectations. The room, 246, was spotless and could not fault it in any way. The reception staff were more than courteous throughout our stay and rectified a problem with the booking with speed and efficiency.
Our stay included dinner for both nights at Salvatore's Restaurant of which they provide transportation both to and from the hotel so having a drink with your meal is no problem. Both nights the food was exquisite. Friday evening I had Steak Russel which came with mushrooms, vegetables and a Parisian Potato. Excellent. Saturday night I had the pasta dish and again was superb. If you are ever in the area of Williamsville New York a visit to Salvatore's would be an added bonus to your trip.
We booked again for next year which will be our sixth year for our Christmas getaway and again look forward to our pilgrimage to the Salvatore's Hotel and Restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
GMIII, General Manager at Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our Housekeepers do a great job making sure our property is exceeding our guests expectations and the Steak Russell you had at the restaurant is one of the all time signature dishes we currently offer at Salvatore's Italian Gardens. I have printed this out and will be showing all departments here at the Hotel. Our staff will enjoy reading your kind words about your experience with us. Thank you again and feel free to call us anytime for any special requests or reservations needed. Please let me know next time you come stay with us as I would love to meet with you.

Hospitably,