Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I Jus stayed at the Garden Place Hotel In williamsville NY, And I Must Say For The Price I Paid It Was An Excelent Hotel Good Location And It Was Beautiful Inside & Out... All I Know Is When I Visit Buffalo this Is Where I will Stay No Questions About It, I Loved The Hotel!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Tried this place after staying at some of the cheaper area places the past couple of years. They seemed to have quickly gone downhill, but this place always seemed busy and for anyone who's seen it, it's very unique. The reviews here were pretty good so we tried it on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend (Oct.8-10). It was tough to get a reservation even 2 months ahead and I had to try every day until someone must have cancelled. When I arrived, the King Suite didn't have a jacuzzi so I asked if they had any or if there were any specials. The girl at the desk just said it's an extra $40/night for one. Since it was a much needed weekend getaway (and the wife was expecting one) I bit the bullet and upgraded. Turned out they did have specials that included dinner for 2 for just 10 bucks more - but they wouldn't budge off the rate when I brought it to their attention. The place was packed that weekend so I guess they just didn't care. In any case, besides this the place was great. The room was big, clean, and the jacuzzi worked great. Breakfast was good - but go early to get a good selection. We had no problems with noise, and the main breakfast lobby area was a hoot with all the decorations and statues making it look like old Italy (I guess). So othere than the "deal" issue, I'd definitely stay here again, just make sure I get the specials in advance (live and learn).

Room Tip: Ask specifically for specials (and jacuzzi) when making your reservation - they won't offer up t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We booked this hotel for one night to attend a wedding. This was one of the nicer hotels in the area. We booked in advanced through expedia.ca which was great as a week before we were going to go the rates were over 5X more expensive, which would have not been worth it in my opinion.

Check-in was quick and efficient (the check-out was even faster), the staff is very friendly. While this did not happen to me, the Groom told us that they accidently double booked their room and when they went in to their room there was already a couple sleeping! The next day, the hotel accidently disabled their access to their room so they had to get it fix.

The hotel does seem a bit tacky, but it's more fun as opposed to offensive. The "garden" inside the hotel is really interesting and a nice place to eat.

The first thing that we saw when we went into the room was the sink was outsinde in the foyer. The washroom has no sink, but instead a shower stall and a toilet It was very weird. It was annoying because after I went to the toilet, I would have to open the door and wash my hands. It was convenient because if my roommate was showering, I could still use the sink. The shower does not have any knobs, but instead buttons. It was very weird, but interesting as I knew exactly what tempture the water was.

The room was spacey and comfortable, the furnishings in the room are not as overdone as the rest of the hotel. One of the things I dislike was that when I walked past the mini fridge and the glasses on top, the glasses would rattle and I'm not a large woman by any means nor very heavy footed. While the hotel was very clean, I did notice that in the bathroom floor there were blue sparkles on the tiles. Since my friend and I don't really wear sparkles I was a bit puzzled about it.

There was a previous reviews that mentioned that the plumbing is very loud. That's true, my friend thought I left the water running. During the night I even heard the shower as though someone was using it in the room. You could hear other door slams from your room.

The continental breakfast was a little bit gross, the hardboiled eggs did not taste like anything, the scrambled eggs tasted funny and the sausage was pretty weird tasting. However, if you skip all past that and make your own waffle or use the pancake machine (very cool) then it's not too bad.

Seeing as this is one of the better hotels in the area, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank yellowpjs
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed overnight before an early flight out of BUF. Great Jacuzzi room at a rate that can't be beat. (booking.com is cheaper than the hotel offers - strange, but we had no problem with the reservation) The hotel is "grand" in a style the chains have long since left behind, but lovely. Every detail has been considered and it's spotless. Front desk staff are much better than most. Bed was VERY comfortable. Jacuzzi a real bonus. Breakfast much better than many chains. We got a parking thrown in during our vacation for $15.00. I doubt we'll stay anywhere else in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We go to the Buffalo area very frequently and usually stay with friends and family. This time, for a family wedding in Clarence, we stayed at the Garden Place on Transit Road. The location was very convenient to all major roads (Thruway, Rt. 33, I-290, Main Street) as well as the airport. The room we stayed in was huge, with a king bed and large Jacuzzi. The bathroom and large tiled shower were in a separate area. The room exceeded our expectations, as did the hot buffet breakfast which had freshly made waffles, pancakes, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, pastries, hot and cold cereals,breads, ham and sausage. The staff was efficient and helpful. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King bed rooms have Jacuzzis. Rooms with 2 queen beds didn't.
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at the Garden Place Hotel Sept 6th-9th while visiting Niagara Falls. The location is very convenient--just go straight thru the light at the end of the Thruway off-ramp. There are many retail businesses a few miles north of the hotel on Transit Rd. Our room was good. We have no major complaints just the sense that the establishment doesn't quite live up to the online images. It is not as luxurious as one might think from the lobby. But also there is nothing seriously wrong. Our heater/air conditioning unit looked quite beat up -but- it was quiet (unlike units in much newer hotels). The shower was among the easiest to operate I have ever seen. (Don't know why other hotels don't adopt the "push-button" style with temperature selector). Breakfast was quite good with much variety. The breakfast area is quite cheerful with plenty of tables. Our biggest issue was a "shot" bedroom chair. One of the springs was busted but it was usable. The outside decor is a bit over the top but then this is what separates this hotel from the "cookie-cutter" esatblishments that surround it. One is not likely to drive past it !! We did get a very good rate so I can recommend to others. Just don't take the online images quite at face value.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Daughter and I went to Salvatores garden place hotel on the Diamond pkg. King size bed with Jacuzzi in room, dinner for two and breakfast for two was incl. in pkg. for $158.00
The food is superb, fine dining, restaurant and hotel decor unusual, unique and fun. Take your camera. Close to all the shopping plaza's and malls, Staff courteous, efficient, outstanding. Had an excellent time, felt spoiled for a night. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Diamond pkg on a Sunday, good value for your money
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#7 of 12 in Williamsville
Aloft Buffalo Airport
Aloft Buffalo Airport
#4 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Address: 6615 Transit Rd, Williamsville, NY 14221-7213 (Formerly Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel)
Location: United States > New York > Williamsville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Price Range: $105 - $177 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Salvatores Garden Place Williamsville