“Don't choose the smoking rooms here!”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed two nights with this hotel this August. Initially I had a smoking room and I found it stinking.
I requested for a non smoking room and the staff was nice enough to comply. I found the non smoking room to be a vast improvement over the last. It wasn't smelly, the bed cover did not have holes. So my suggestion would be to go for smoking room. If you are a smoker you can always step outside. It's better and more convenient since all the rooms are ground level.

Room Tip: Non smoking room is the way to go with this one.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dooti

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The name says it all. The staff were friendly and efficient upon check-in. The room smelled a bit funky from someone smoking in it before. The sheets were scratchy. Everything was clean, towels and linens included. There was bar soap and shampoo. Good internet and good sized TV. I think it was over-priced but it was tourist season so this was about as cheap as you got. 72/night with tax.

Room Tip: The farther from the road the better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrkickit
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ok this is not the prettiest hotel. If you want to spend your time lounging by a pool and have luxury finishes around you, this is not the place. My daughter and I wanted to go shopping. We wanted to spend our money on shopping and not on a hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and saved a ton of money. The place is old, not pretty, needs updating but it was great for saving some money. There were no free breakfasts but we like to go out for breakfast anyway. I would like to see a deadbolt on the door but otherwise we were fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BoFan
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friends & I booked Budget Inn for $70 USD/night (most other places in the Buffalo area where $90 USD+).

We stayed one night - we were returning from New York City and wanted to take advantage of dining (Olive Garden & Cheesecake Factory near Walden Galleria) and shopping before heading back to Canada.

It was easy to book and the family that runs it is very nice. The only downside is that we had NO hot water... this may have been a result of the renovations they were doing, but since we were only there one night it wasn't a big deal to us. FREE WiFi and they had a lot of TV channels which was a nice change from the 5 we had in NYC.

Sheets and towels were clean, there were some sticky parts on the desk and bedside table, but again, since we were only staying one night and it was cheap, we didn't care too much. A/C and heat were working fine and beds were comfortable (we had 2 Queen beds and there were 4 of us, we all slept comfortably).

I don't think there was a pool or fitness center (hence terrible rating).

Room Tip: It's all one floor and a small motel - all rooms are a good location to the office.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MrsSTVO
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We got a great deal on a room here and sometimes you get what you pay for and sometimes you get less.
The curtains didn't meet properly or cover the entire window. The door was hard to open and close and the bathroom door didn't fit the frame. It seemed like none of the doors were made for the room.
The lamp was dingy and didn't have a knob making it quite a challenge to turn on and off by gripping the tiny screw!
It may have said non-smoking but the whole room smelled like it had been furnished with a former smoker's belongings or it could have been the disgusting pile of cigarette butts outside of our front door.
Not a pleasant experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Straveller41
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is an older property but very well preserved. My room was very clean and functional. It was nice and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The motel has a premium cable package, so it was nice to be able to watch the games on MSG , ESPN and SNY.

Raj the owner is a super nice guy and knows how to manage the property well.

I will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 441John441
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I found a great last minute deal at $ 75 for one night. That's all I wanted. A place where I could crash that was safe and clean enough.

I got the non-smoking room for disabled people which I assume was a little larger. It did smell smoke to some extent, likely because it used to be a smoking room. They must have left furniture from the old smoking das. I left the front door opened for a good hour and the fresh air from outside seemed to do the trick. I slept well because I had brought earplugs. The hotel is right on the Main street, a busy street and close to Niagara Buffalo airport. In the morning, I must have heard 10 planes taking off. Earplugs are a definite must if you look for quietness.

The room came with a fridge and a microwave which is a nice touch. That bathroom had a decent size. You would likely hear your neighbors flushing the toilet or taking a shower but that's expected.

The greeting at 10 PM was friendly and efficient. I left rested the morning after at 8 AM, I would consider rebooking there if I need to return in this area and could get a similar rate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Frunky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Motel 6 Buffalo Airport
Motel 6 Buffalo Airport
#8 of 12 in Williamsville

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!