“Good Food and Fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Frog Hair Grille & Golf
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Williamsville, New York
“Good Food and Fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Frog Hair is a casual restaurant with many choices. You can have anything from a burger or great roast beef sandwich to filet. My husband had the lobster Mac and cheese which was loaded with seafood. It was heavenly! I had filet with pomme frites(little yummy potato sticks) . Everything was done to our liking and the service was wonderful. The best part is that we had a coupon for $17.95. You get them for your birthday as well as other coupons throughout the year if you sign up for the rewards card. It's also a good place for happy hour with two for one specials. I like it because there are people of all ages, not just twenty year olds. The summer is the best time when they have live bands and lots of outside patio space. It does get really crowded however.

• Visited April 2012

Williamsville, New York, USA
“Great patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Patio is great. Food above average. Service great. Indoor seating more like a buffet. Bar is very good

1 Thank David H
East Amherst, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be put off by the name!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This place may have the worst name of any restaurant I know (no eatery should have hair connotations). I had driven by it many times and had never been at all tempted to try it. Imagine my surprise when I finally did go at the invitation of others and I actually really liked the place. The atmosphere is somewhat like a country club, but the menu is much more adventurous than most clubs. Everything we had was delicious and the service was friendly and professional. The prices were reasonable, especially given the quality of the food. Note: neither hair nor frogs were encountered during our visit. I will be going back.

• Visited June 2011
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Overall, one of the most disappointing dining experiences I've ever had. I had a New York strip, that was one of the worst cuts of beef I've ever had. My wife had a Pittsburgh salad, that tried to over compensate in size where it lacked fresh greens. I solid establishment for enjoying cocktails, or possibly pub food, but should be a last choice for a decent meal with an abundance of superior options nearby.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Buffalo,NY
“Great place for good food, and during the summer to hang out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

I've been to Frog Hair quite a few times intermittently over the years, sometimes to eat, sometimes to just meet someone for a beer, and sometimes during the summer after work to eat and drink on their great patio
My most recent visit was for my wife's birthday in March, we were seated quite quickly and our server was very attentive, the food is always good and the service tends to be good as well, I recommend the Black and Blue burger which is served with incredible waffle fries if you're looking for something that will taste good and fill you up.
They have a tremendous patio which is always busy in the evenings when the weather is warmer, being on Transit Road in williamsville, access is good and they have a good size parking lot and i've never been unable to park there.
One thing I can't comment on is the golfing, apparently they have simulators both public and private as well, and I know they're very popular and seem to be busy alot.

Another experience I haven't partaken yet is "Dining in the Dark" where you pay a flat amount ( I think its $50 a person ) and you're served a fixed menu in pitch black darkness, you don't know who you're sat with, and you don't necessarily know what you're eating, but I hear its incredible and the dining experience is completely altered as your sense of taste is heightened.

Overall I would recommend Frog Hair as a great place to hang out and have some good food, while there may be finer dining establishments out there, when it comes to upscale "Bar Food" I think its one of the best in the area !

• Visited March 2011