“Great Stay -- Nice Place - Easy on Budget”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Oregon
“Great Stay -- Nice Place - Easy on Budget”
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I love the tripadvisor resource -- but I've learned that negative reviews of inexpensive accommodations deserve extra close scrutiny because sometimes reviews seem to be expecting 5 star places for 1 star prices. This La Quinta -- near the Buffalo Airport -- is a good example. From some of the prior reviews -- I was a little apprehensive -- but the price and location fit my interests -- and I was more than pleasantly pleased at the result.

The room was very nice -- with what appearred to be newer bedding -- and very comfortable mattresses. The place was clean, breakfast was about what has become standard for less expensive places -- including waffle makers, yogurt and fresh fruit. Getting in and checking out was quick and easy -- and the free wireless internet worked flawlessly.

If you're looking for a cooked to order breakfast -- try an Embassy Suites and pay their prices. But if you're looking for a nice place for a night or two -- don't avoid this La Quinta.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 23, 2008

This hotel gets big pluses from me because they allow dogs to stay for free!! No weight limit, and no extra charge... that is hard to find at many hotels.

Since we didn't have to pay extra for our dogs, we got a room wtih a jacuzzi. The room was small, but it was nice. The window backed to trees, which was nice for privacy when we wanted to let some sun light in during the day. The jacuzzi was fabulous after a long day visiting with the family. Our room was right outside the lobby, nd we never even heard people outside our room.

The breakfast was better than most hotels that offer free breakfast. There were bagels, english muffins, toast, Dannon yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and of course, coffee, tea and juice.

The staff was VERY helful! From the very first time I talked to them on the phone to make our reservation, to answering every question we had, they were ALL thorough and polite. Even the cleaning staff was courteous.

I would definetely stay here again.

• Liked — They allowed my dogs to stay with us for free
  • Disliked — Not very close to the airport
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed here the night before an early morning flight. The hotel was close to the airport, but not a very nice place to stay. The price was outrageous for the quality of the hotel ($140 per night). I do not recommend staying here unless you get a price around $50

• Liked — near airport
  • Disliked — price/quality
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Raymond, Maine
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We have stayed at LaQuintas throughout the US and usually have had good luck. In fact, there are several we really like. But this hotel was just terrible. We were there for three nights and were using reward points for our last night.

As several other posters have mentioned, the walls are paper thin and the noise levels are very high. The couple in the next room were bound to win a prize - if you know the old Simon and Garfunkle song. Then I think they were doing some kind of home improvement project that had them banging heavy objects against the wall for a long time. I really wouldn't have cared if they had started all this before midnight. But getting such a late start had them annoying us until about 2 AM. Kids were running and yelling until about 1:30 and doors were slamming all night. So, sleep was not really an option here.

The corn chips that were surrounding the night table when we checked in were still on the floor when we checked out several days later. Our last night was a "rewards" night. They didn't even bother to make the bed or give us clean towels that day! The overhead lights didn't work and not having an elevator was not a good thing when your room is on the second floor.

The breakfast was okay. Nothing special.

While one of the desk clerks, Andrew, tried to be quite helpful we were ecstatic to be checking out and won't be back again.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Staying there
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pahhhhhter
Toronto, ON
Reviewed July 6, 2008

If you answered no to the above question, please dont stay here. My wife and I were here for 2 nights on 4th of July week-end as everything else was booked and now I know why it was available. We are out of towners and when we asked the front desk agent he didnt know where to view the fireworks! Fireworks on 4th of July, how could you not know this. The lobby was attractive and then we entered "the room" My wife entered first and then as she turned her head back to me, the musty, mouldy smell hit me like a ton of bricks! We headed to the store for a can of Lysol. The carpet was very dirty and stained. We kept our shoes on. They gave us $40/night off our bill but didnt seem surprised about our complaint. My wife recommended that they deep clean the carpets and such before renting the room again and she was dismissed! The toilets dont flush very well and perhaps this is what cause the major staining on the carpet outside the bathroom. Bring your own pillow! There are about 4 pillows on each bed and they were so mushy, again we almost purchased 2 new pillows at the store (while we were getting the spray)!!!! The room was fairly quiet but that was the best part. We awoke tired and sore (again the pillow problem) and then went for the deluxe continental breakfast that they offer. Do yourself a favour and go next door to the Bob Evans or the Cracker Barrel. They have a variety but the scrambeled eggs are watery, the sausage fatty and the pastries/bread/bagels are all frozen. My wife had the apple juice! We can appreciate that sometimes things happen in hotels, but how the staff solves problems is not appropriate. I am the easy going one and asked my wife to see if the front desk could do something to solve this problem. I am honest in my opinions and think that this is a great forum for all people who love to travel. Save yourself the headaches (literally) Holiday Inn Express is still our fave in this area!

• Liked — fairly quiet in the room
  • Disliked — the staff and the musty smell in the room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerbert
USA
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Very friendly staff & MGR. This is a smaller less equiped La Quinta - more on the lines of a Motel 6.

They put out a nice spread at breakfast with hot & cold items. The room for breakfast is rather small & can get crowded.

Fitness center is a joke. It has a 2nd class treadmill, and a poor universal type machine.

The worst part is the noise. I have stayed here twice. First time no problems (good neighbors). The second time was horrible, I ended up with two hours sleep since I had a 4AM wake up for an early flight out. Noisy neighbors on all sides awaken me & kept me up till 2 AM. Called the evening front desk person & she said they had no security to check on the matter.

Based on my last experience I cannot recommend this hotel. I would rather spend an extra $50 bucks at a real hotel & get a good night's sleep.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, Breakfast, Free Internet
  • Disliked — NOISE!!!
  • Stayed June 2008
Scarborough, Ontario
Reviewed June 11, 2008

This hotel was adequate, but just barely. The building is old, but mostly clean--just a little dirt around the edges. I was on the second floor, and there was no elevator. The counter took 20 minutes to check me in even though I was the only customer in line, and I waited 45 minutes for an airport shuttle. (In fairness, I went back inside after 30 minutes to call again, and the shuttle driver probably showed up while I was inside...but he wasn't expecting me because he couldn't have waited more than 2 minutes.) You can easily hear noise from the other rooms. I would stay there again for the value, but not if I was in a hurry or in need of an especially good night of sleep.

Stayed June 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!