“Nice hotel for pre airport stay”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Conneaut Lake
“Nice hotel for pre airport stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at the La Quinta inn Buffalo Airport the night before our trip. We chose this hotel because they had a park and fly option. Hotel is small and a bit older but was very well maintained and comfortable. We would stay here again. Shuttle service was quick and on time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sullivan, Illinois
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We enjoyed our staff here. The staff were fantastic and friendly. We recommend this La Quinta because, even though it is an old property, it is well maintained and has all of the normal amenities you would get at home.
Breakfast good and there was plenty to eat for every taste. They had eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, cereal, all the juices and coffee.

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've stayed here with our dog several times over the past 3 years when we have visited our son. Now that he is moving out of town, I thought that I'd write a farewell report on this hotel. The biggest selling point for us was that it is pet friendly. It's a little hard to find these days, at least around Buffalo. We were always placed in one small wing of the hotel with other dog people, so I think that customers without dogs would not be around them. We liked to walk our dog on the road paralleling the NY Thruway, That brings me to the second thing that we really liked about the hotel, the location. Just off the highway and near 33 to go toward downtown, it is good for easy access. Also, there is quite a variety of restaurants just down Transit. Ted's Hotdogs, found just down the street, are a Buffalo treat we love. We've also visited Mexican and Italian restaurants on Transit. This last time, Picasso Pizza was a delicious take-out meal. The rooms were average for this type of hotel and sometimes one would feel that the maid had been rushed. The free breakfast is okay. I usually got coffee and an English muffin, There is a waffle maker that I never tried. We liked the evening cookies especially well!

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms available.
1 Thank CarryLove
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel surprised me. The lobby was rather small and no elevators but when I got into the room I was in for a pleasant surprise! Clean clean rooms, nicely decorated with plenty of towels. Internet access was easy and even an extra coffee packet! We did not partake in the breakfast but it smelled wonderful.

One problem -thin walls ...could hear the airport noise in the morning and other guests moving around. But that would not keep me from going back. I just wore earplugs!

Final comment. As I was leaving the cleaning man came to my car and handed me my cell phone charger I had forgotten in the room! Guess when a guest leaves they send someone in right away and survey the room for items left behind!

Room Tip: Ask fro a room not facing Transit Road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DCA2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2013

At the LaQuinta Inn Buffalo Airport location, our accommodations were the least nice of any LQ hotels where we have stayed, and for what you get, is overpriced. Our bathroom "supplies" consisted of one bar of soap for two people. No shampoo, no conditioner, no shower cap, no lotion.

What concerned me most was the very thick dust behind the two night tables and bed, as well as dust on the top of the bed's headboard. In addition to the excessive dust in this area, on the floor behind one night table I could see a LaQuinta Brightside Breakfast brochure as well as a medication or vitamin pill dropped by a prior guest. (When was the last time housekeeping looked in these areas? Cleaned in these areas?) As a guest in this room, I was very uneasy with the lack of cleanliness in the bed/sleeping area. Cleanliness in more easily accessible areas of the room was fine. I will say that the king size bed was VERY comfortable. *** The bathroom vent did not work resulting in a very unpleasant, steamy and moist situation in the bathroom during and after our showers. Above the tub/shower surround, the wallpaper appears to be a darker color, making me wonder if mold might be under the wallpaper? I saw a small black area in the corner where the floor and tub meet (across from the toilet) and I wondered if this might be mold? Tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked. *** The breakfast room was clean but quite small. There are only 7 or 8 tables, mostly tables for 2. There was a satisfactory offering of hot and cold food selections, as well as fresh fruit, and these were well laid out. The coffee was very good. *** There is no actual hotel lobby. You walk in the front door, and the small reception desk is just a few steps away.

In my experience, this is not the typical LQ Hotel. I have LOVED all others where I have stayed. -- This Buffalo location might be acceptable at a lower price, but for the overpriced fee charged, you would definitely expect better. I was quite disappointed. Our on-line reservation with AAA discount was $125.10 + 17.21 taxes for a total of $142.31 for one night on Aug 23.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PBrew_13
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate to get these rooms after originally being booked at the Econo Lodge which was deplorable. The manager at this La. Quinta went out of his way to accommodate us. I was very pleased with the service. Rooms are clean and average but overpriced.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Smac21407
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!