“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Pittsford, New York
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel surprised me. The lobby was rather small and no elevators but when I got into the room I was in for a pleasant surprise! Clean clean rooms, nicely decorated with plenty of towels. Internet access was easy and even an extra coffee packet! We did not partake in the breakfast but it smelled wonderful.

One problem -thin walls ...could hear the airport noise in the morning and other guests moving around. But that would not keep me from going back. I just wore earplugs!

Final comment. As I was leaving the cleaning man came to my car and handed me my cell phone charger I had forgotten in the room! Guess when a guest leaves they send someone in right away and survey the room for items left behind!

Room Tip: Ask fro a room not facing Transit Road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DCA2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 26, 2013

At the LaQuinta Inn Buffalo Airport location, our accommodations were the least nice of any LQ hotels where we have stayed, and for what you get, is overpriced. Our bathroom "supplies" consisted of one bar of soap for two people. No shampoo, no conditioner, no shower cap, no lotion.

What concerned me most was the very thick dust behind the two night tables and bed, as well as dust on the top of the bed's headboard. In addition to the excessive dust in this area, on the floor behind one night table I could see a LaQuinta Brightside Breakfast brochure as well as a medication or vitamin pill dropped by a prior guest. (When was the last time housekeeping looked in these areas? Cleaned in these areas?) As a guest in this room, I was very uneasy with the lack of cleanliness in the bed/sleeping area. Cleanliness in more easily accessible areas of the room was fine. I will say that the king size bed was VERY comfortable. *** The bathroom vent did not work resulting in a very unpleasant, steamy and moist situation in the bathroom during and after our showers. Above the tub/shower surround, the wallpaper appears to be a darker color, making me wonder if mold might be under the wallpaper? I saw a small black area in the corner where the floor and tub meet (across from the toilet) and I wondered if this might be mold? Tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked. *** The breakfast room was clean but quite small. There are only 7 or 8 tables, mostly tables for 2. There was a satisfactory offering of hot and cold food selections, as well as fresh fruit, and these were well laid out. The coffee was very good. *** There is no actual hotel lobby. You walk in the front door, and the small reception desk is just a few steps away.

In my experience, this is not the typical LQ Hotel. I have LOVED all others where I have stayed. -- This Buffalo location might be acceptable at a lower price, but for the overpriced fee charged, you would definitely expect better. I was quite disappointed. Our on-line reservation with AAA discount was $125.10 + 17.21 taxes for a total of $142.31 for one night on Aug 23.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PBrew_13
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We were fortunate to get these rooms after originally being booked at the Econo Lodge which was deplorable. The manager at this La. Quinta went out of his way to accommodate us. I was very pleased with the service. Rooms are clean and average but overpriced.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Smac21407
Georgetown
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Once you are in your room this is a typically quiet & very comfortable La Quinta. The first impression of this motel is that it is crammed into a too small lot & does not even have its own entrance. Then you walk into the smallest lobby and past a miniscule breakfast area. The gentleman working the desk was curt at best and atypically unfriendly. With a short walk up stairs (no elevator) we arrived at our room and the relief that we would have a good night's sleep. Also, our "Brightside Breakfast" was not up to standard with this hotel chain. The bottom line for this experience is a price tag that is double what we normally pay at other LQs. With tax our night was $150.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside of the hotel. Quieter from the airport and wooded.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank folkways
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We needed a place to stay on our way through the Buffalo area that allowed pets so we stayed at this La Quinta Inn. It is way overpriced, but because it is near the airport and Niagara Falls, they can get it. The gal at the front desk was not the most pleasant, rather indifferent.

I was taking some things to the room while my husband walked our dog. We were on the 1st floor, evidently in the "dog" rooms. As I rounded the corner to our room, a dog started barking and growling 2 rooms up from ours. I went to drop off the stuff and when I came back it was still barking at the door. Obviously the owners were not there. I stopped at the desk (you could hear the dog barking from there too) and told the gal that I was not spending $200/night to listen to someone's dog bark all night. She tried calling the room, duh, obviously they were out, and didn't get anyone. Eventually it stopped. The owners must have gotten in. It was after midnight by now.

Room was reasonably clean, but stuffy as other reviewers have stated. AC was the kind that kept cycling on and off, so when it was off, it was very stuffy.

Breakfast was not very good. Bacon was swimming in grease and there were these sort of scrambled egg patties or waffles or cereal, toast. Better than nothing.

If I can find another "pet friendly" hotel along I-90 we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, DON"T get a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelrlynn
Gaithersburg
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This room had a comfortable bed and a comfortable armchair and ottoman. It was clean and nice. The room was a bit expensive -- because it had a jacuzzi and was close to Niagara Falls. After driving all day, I looked forward to the jacuzzi. I filled it with water (which took awhile) but I couldn't get it to work. It was midnight and I was alone and naked, so I didn't call the front desk for help! Instead, I enjoyed a non-jacuzzi soak.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rhonda B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Comfort Suites Buffalo
Comfort Suites Buffalo
#18 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!