“Not your usual LaQuinta”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Williamsville
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Once you are in your room this is a typically quiet & very comfortable La Quinta. The first impression of this motel is that it is crammed into a too small lot & does not even have its own entrance. Then you walk into the smallest lobby and past a miniscule breakfast area. The gentleman working the desk was curt at best and atypically unfriendly. With a short walk up stairs (no elevator) we arrived at our room and the relief that we would have a good night's sleep. Also, our "Brightside Breakfast" was not up to standard with this hotel chain. The bottom line for this experience is a price tag that is double what we normally pay at other LQs. With tax our night was $150.

Room Tip: Stay on the backside of the hotel. Quieter from the airport and wooded.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank folkways

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We needed a place to stay on our way through the Buffalo area that allowed pets so we stayed at this La Quinta Inn. It is way overpriced, but because it is near the airport and Niagara Falls, they can get it. The gal at the front desk was not the most pleasant, rather indifferent.

I was taking some things to the room while my husband walked our dog. We were on the 1st floor, evidently in the "dog" rooms. As I rounded the corner to our room, a dog started barking and growling 2 rooms up from ours. I went to drop off the stuff and when I came back it was still barking at the door. Obviously the owners were not there. I stopped at the desk (you could hear the dog barking from there too) and told the gal that I was not spending $200/night to listen to someone's dog bark all night. She tried calling the room, duh, obviously they were out, and didn't get anyone. Eventually it stopped. The owners must have gotten in. It was after midnight by now.

Room was reasonably clean, but stuffy as other reviewers have stated. AC was the kind that kept cycling on and off, so when it was off, it was very stuffy.

Breakfast was not very good. Bacon was swimming in grease and there were these sort of scrambled egg patties or waffles or cereal, toast. Better than nothing.

If I can find another "pet friendly" hotel along I-90 we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, DON"T get a room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelrlynn
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This room had a comfortable bed and a comfortable armchair and ottoman. It was clean and nice. The room was a bit expensive -- because it had a jacuzzi and was close to Niagara Falls. After driving all day, I looked forward to the jacuzzi. I filled it with water (which took awhile) but I couldn't get it to work. It was midnight and I was alone and naked, so I didn't call the front desk for help! Instead, I enjoyed a non-jacuzzi soak.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rhonda B
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A rather small hotel with no lift to the second floor. The room was OK, but nothing extra, I would not stay there again. The breakfast was very basic. Several restaurants are located near the hotel. It is conveniently located if you are going to visit the Niagara falls

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EvaStockholm
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while in town for a wedding. Wouldn't have been my top choice but it's where the couple reserved a block of rooms and where the shuttle would pick us up for the reception. The lobby was clean and looked nice but the rooms were another story. There was dust and crumbs all over as well as someone else's hair. It looked like furniture in the room hadn't been moved and vacuumed under in months. The heating vents along the walls were bent & dusty. The only plus is that I did a very thorough bed bug inspection and did not find any. If the air wasn't on high the rooms felt stuffy and were musty. There were no elevators which was inconvenient with luggage. There was also an extension ladder on the ground in the bushes outside of our window. I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I needed a quick place to stay with a dog so I went here. I got their "pet room" which is right off the lobby, I know it was the crap room but turned out to be good because with a dog you want a quick exit. And there is no fee for pets. Price was typical of an older La Quinta. I wouldn't stay again but will keep it in mind if I need something in a pinch with a pet.

Room Tip: Don't get room 119. It is their pet room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
0 mi away
Sleep Inn Buffalo Airport
#12 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!