“Clean and friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville
Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Clean and friendly staff”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here so that I didn't have to get up so early for my morning flight. Best part of the stay was them allowing me to leave my truck in the lot for 30 days. The free breakfast in the morning wasn't great but it was free! Shuttle service to the airport was decent but I had to wait for a bit when I returned. They dropped me off to get my vehicle in the lot and it was very muddy....I had to get my truck interior cleaned when I got home it was so bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Paris, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times and have always had a good experience. We stayed one night on a shopping trip this time. In the past we have used this hotel when flying out of Buffalo Airport. They have a great Stay/Park/Fly package.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel is quiet. The breakfast is great. Mmmmmmm - waffles.
The staff is friendly and helpful. It is great to see long-term staff that we recognize from previous visits.

We don't even bother to price around - we stay at this hotel every time we are in the area.

Corning,NY
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We did the park & go package, it was much cheaper than leaving the car at the airport! The hotel was clean & had fresh baked cookies upon arrival. It is about a mile from the airport so very convenient to travel to the airport or a stop right off the thruway.

Room Tip: The bed was a bit hard for our liking (we are used to a plush bed).
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great place to stay, with a great value, especially when you have more then 2 dogs. I was comfortable, quiet, and clean, with a really nice complimentary breakfast. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Will be back!

Dundas, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently booked a one night stay at the La Quinta near the Buffalo Airport based on what appeared to be a decent rate for their Park & Fly package. Our deep disappointment with this hotel was totally centered on the Park & Fly service (or lack of) that was provided. Otherwise the staff was helpful and the room was clean.
So here’s our story…The impression given when we booked with La Quinta was that (like most other hotels we have stayed at offering this type of service) we would conveniently leave our car at the hotel parking lot for the duration of our travel and receive shuttle service both to and from the airport. The first surprise began immediately after we checked into the room and were ready for a good night's sleep before our early morning departure. It was then that I was informed I would need to take my vehicle and follow the La Quinta shuttle van out to a distant parking lot a few miles away at another hotel. I was then informed that the wait would be another 30 minutes before the van arrived back at the hotel from doing a run. Once the shuttle van arrived back at the hotel the driver (a nice guy) informed me to be careful while following the van because the rear lights were not working despite the fact that he had placed a work order with the La Quinta owners a week prior. And to top that off, once we arrived at the parking lot (an old Motel 8 which is apparently owned by the same group who own La Quinta) I was then told to park as far away from the neighboring tavern as possible, -“in order to ensure that my vehicle would not be likely to suffer any damage.” I appreciated the advice but I was not too happy that I was parking in a location where such advice needed to be given.
Then came our early morning delivery to the airport at 5:00 am the next morning. The driver (a different guy) informed us that he would be using his own personal van to shuttle us because he was concerned (rightfully) about the hotel van's lack of rear running lights. He was a sweet guy and did his best to accommodate us; however it was an older model van and the rear door would not open, so he had to load our luggage over the rear seats. He was very courteous and did his best but by now I could not help but feel that the owners of this La Quinta were more concerned about squeezing pennies than looking after their guests.
Finally, upon our return back to the Buffalo airport a week later, we called the La Quinta as instructed and were informed that a van from the Best Western would be there in 10 minutes. When we arrived at the designated pick-up spot, we found that there were already several groups of people whom had been waiting and shivering in the cold for upwards of an hour. When that driver finally arrived for the first load of passengers (20 minutes after we had called) he stated that he couldn't take everyone. He said, "There are too many of you”. So he gave us the option of taking only the drivers to their cars and then we could all drive back to the airport to pick-up our luggage and family members. … WHAT!? Are you kidding me!?!?!?!? It seemed like La Quinta was pulling a Bait & Switch tactic.
Needless to say, not one of the guests were open to that suggestion and everyone started asking just what it was we had paid for when we purchased the Park & Fly service.
To make a long story short, the driver had to make 3 return trips to pick-up and deliver everyone who had been standing out in the ice cold weather waiting for the "shuttle service" we all paid for. Mine was the very last family to be delivered, - one hour plus after our arrival. The driver was very courteous and professional and I extend kudos to him and the other 2 drivers for having to put up with such poor working conditions. We also learned that the same group that own the La Quinta also own the Motel 8 and the Best Western. In summary: - I have received more reliable airport transfer service in some of the third world nations I have visited then I did from the La Quinta\Best Western\Motel 8 - Park & Fly service. AVOID THESE HOTELS AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Len C

Travelers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta and it was perfect.
It was close to the border, the malls and the price was right.
Staff was very helpful with directions and rooms were very clean, beds comfortable, great pillows!
Breakfast had a lot of choice.
We will be back on our next shopping trip to Buffalo!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I were very impressed with this hotel. Very comfortable, clean and a great deal. The service was prompt, friendly and courteust. Good coffee and breakfast. Nice variety of foods and beverages. This hotel is just minutes from the Buffalo airport, restaurants and shopping. In about 20 minutes you can be in Niagara Falls. Best deal in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
SpringHill Suites Buffalo Airport
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!