“Good value”

La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Williamsville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed October 15, 2012

To start, as a facility the motel was clean, comfortable, convienient, the staff was friendly, and the price reasonable for its location and quality. The reason for my "2 out of 5" rating was the near-disaster caused by the arbitrary deletion of my reservation for eight of the nine rooms that I had reserved two months earlier.

Our church was hosting a group of visitors from our sister church in Schwelm, Germany. Our visitors wanted to see Niagara Falls, which meant an overnight stay in Buffalo. In August I called the motel directly and reserved nine rooms, using my personal credit card to guarantee the rooms. The person who made the reservation took my information and gave me a confirmation number. We agreed on a 30 September 2012 cut-off date (after that we would be required to pay for the rooms if we didn't use them) for the 12 October stay because the property only has 52 rooms and I was reserving 9 of them. One week before our visit I called the motel to ensure that all was in order. I spoke to the same person that made the initial reservation, who said that everything was fine. I told him we would arrive a little later in the evening, but that we were definitely coming. I had guaranteed the rooms with my credit card, so I wasn't worried about the property selling the rooms later in the evening because we hadn't showed up yet.

Our group arrived at the motel at 7:30 PM on October 12th. The desk clerk informed me that eight of the nine reservations had been cancelled previously. I asked why--he didn't know and couldn't tell why or when from his computer system. Fortunately the motel had enough vacancies to accomodate us, but it could have been a mess if those rooms had been sold to others. In the morning I spoke to the manager-in-charge, but she couldn't explain why the room had been cancelled either.

For whatever reason, someone arbitrarily cancelled 8 of my nine reserved rooms. If there was a question about the number of rooms on the reservation, then someone should have contacted me to verify the reservation before they arbitrarily cancelled them. If you plan to reserve more than one room at this property, I would advise calling the night before to check and see if they have the number of rooms right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently used this hotel's parkn fly. They make you park at a nearby Hotel 8 because they own both. While we were away our car was towed from the parking lot to the grass (without our permission and they did not have the keys) in doing this they damaged our bumper and it will need to be replace. This car is brand new and had just been taken delivery of. We talked to the management but have not had any reasonable explanation and have not heard from them since we left and they said they did not know the name of the towing company and the number they gave us is not in order. Do not stay here!

2 Thank Susan T

Travelers are raving about these Williamsville hotels

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at La Quinta on our recent shopping trip and couldn't have asked for more. It completely satisfied our needs for a place to spend the night. The room was clean, spacious, well furnished, quiet, no smells. The bed was comfortable, the towels were soft. There is free wifi in the room, a computer with internet access in the hallway, and a small gym. It is conveniently located to the highway and shopping, and is close to the airport.

We come shopping in Buffalo often and have stayed at more pricey places in the area with the amenities such as pools and gyms that we never used. La Quinta delivers without the unnecessary frills; we’ll be staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: There is no elevators to the second floor. The shampoos and soaps are pretty basic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tor2008_8
Newport, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This LaQuinta always has great service and great rates. I choose to stay here every time we go to Buffalo because of the cleanliness and friendliness of the hotel. It's easy to get to lots of different restaurants and shopping. We will be staying again soon!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This LaQuinta is a good, standard-issue two to three-star hotel. Everything is nice, clean, comfortable, works well. Guest computer. Free breakfast is varied and very good. Great location just east of Buffalo right off New York Thruway. Good overall quality at a surprisingly reasonable price.
One problem is our first room had a terrible-smelling bathroom. We turned around instantaly and got another room, which was fine. How can the staff miss this??? And the humourless desk clerk insisted on higher rate than Orbitz and La Quinta quoted until I showed him their rates on my smartphone, then he relented.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rbb543
Reviewed September 25, 2012

need a place to shack a night - picked up 2 rooms (traveling with families) for a decent price and what a great find! super clean rooms - great staff - helpful & accommodating .. had a great experience!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank hindustani31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsville
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
Salvatore's Grand Hotel
#1 of 12 in Williamsville
Salvatore's Garden Place Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Red Roof Inn Buffalo Niagara Airport
Best Western The Inn at Buffalo Airport
Wyndham Garden Buffalo Williamsville
Hampton Inn Buffalo-Williamsville

Been to La Quinta Inn Buffalo Airport? Share your experiences!