“Hurricane Sandy home away from home”

Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitestone
Rockaway Park, New York
“Hurricane Sandy home away from home”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am so grateful to have found this hotel. My family had no where else to go after the storm. From the moment we arrived, we knew would be well taken care of. When we met the owner, Mandeep, he was so concerned for us he was kind enough to order in two pizza pies. He really made us feel like family. Every staff member, no matter what shift, was so helpful and courteous. We were told when we arrived we could only have the room for three nights. They stopped taking reservations to accommodate us and others displaced so we could stay as long as we needed to. It truly was a home away from home. The kitchenette was such an added bonus so we didn't have the expense of eating out every day as was the free wifi. Located near all the shopping and restaurants you could need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an amazing review. It's great to hear that we could help you and your family in such a crucial time. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time here and that the amenities we offer were convenient to your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I absolutely love love love this hotel; when you come to a place to stay and the Staff is so polite, helpful, courteous, caring and giving, Extended Stay America of Whitestone is a place you will always come back to. This hotel is so efficient in just about everything; from cleanliness to great accomodations; from needing an answer to a question and actually getting one; from a staff that goes above their job title to help you and an added bonus of having a Manager, Anil and Assistant Manager, Corina on staff to make everything fall right into place here at this hotel.

So for me I can only say that everyone in this hotel is an asset; not matter what job title, not matter what shift.

I just love this hotel and wouldn't stay anywhere else; It's actually like having you extended family staying right along with you; plus, they are a Pet Friendly Hotel; what a plus to have your best friend alongside of you as if you were actually home. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone that is looking for a place to stay because I know when you leave, you will return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent; the only difference I can comment on is what floor you rather be on; ev...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you had such an amazing stay here at our property, we aim to provide the best customer service to our guests and make them feel as much at home as we can. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've stayed here off and on for over ten years. And now it is really nice to be here: new pillowtop mattresses, five down pillows, new carpet and paint, free light breakfast, kind and friendly service from all staff areas. Safe neighborhood, security cameras all over the property, 24 hour Fire Safety guard on duty. Lots of areas to walk. There's a park nearby. Fifteen minute walk away to 24 hour deli, Dunkin Donuts, gas. Great place. I like Maria, Gabby, Stefanie, Elizabetha, Juan, Regina, and Krayrena. Good people, good product, clean, clean, clean.

Room Tip: First floor is easier for unloading groceries and luggage. Also nosier than other floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great that you are enjoying all the new changes being done to the hotel and amenities that are now being offered. We hope you continue to stay with us in the future. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

From the moment I stepped foot into the ESA Chain, I have encountered nothing but friendly service. I had a problem with washing my clothes and was given complimentary service at Secaucus-ESA on One Plaza Drive by Management. I also visited ESA Chains at LaGuardia Airport, Woodbridge, Somerset, Rutherford, Meadowlands PKWY and East Rutherford where staff like Stephanie G., Karina; Rosa, Mrs. Green, & Sharon; Angela; Bryan, Enrique, & Jeff; Vladimir; Esther, Ryan; (Iris, Nicole, & Victor @Secaucus) delivered top customer service. Even the housekeeping staff was very friendly. Ex. I often times try to speak other languages to broaden my horizon and the staff took the time to help me pronounce certain words in different languages. Fantastico! LOL

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you were so happy with the different ESA hotels, and I am delighted that you were pleased with our staff and customer service . Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I usually stay at the Marriott and they were sold out so I decided to stay at extended stay, after reading son reviews I was hesitant because some weren't up to par. Aside from my first assumption I gave them a shot. I was so surprised how much I enjoyed it. Customer satisfaction was exceptional and they accommodated all my needs. I honestly didn't find anything wrong with this hotel and I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Thanks for all the staff in welcoming my family in this time of need.

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and were pleased with the customer service, we strive to make our guests feel welcome and at home. I am thrilled to know we met all your needs and you had no issues and problems during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The experience I had was simply bliss. The staff was so enjoyable and precise with accommodating my stay. I didn't have to worry about anything, the service was all around professional and pleasant. The rates are appropriate and the rooms can't be any cleaner and hold high standards for cleanliness. The management is well educated in the hospitality department and the rest of the staff doesn't fall behind either. I don't just give out good reviews where it isn't deserved and this extended stay hotel deserves to be acknowledged for setting high standards not ever hotel can reach!

• Stayed November 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The rooms are very clean, the staff is always trying to make your stay more and more comfortable, and the location is perfect. I will stay here everytime I have to travel to NY. The hotel is basically 5 minutes from the airport!

• Stayed September 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitestone
Hotel de Point
#11 of 18 in Flushing
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing

Been to Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport? Share your experiences!