Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitestone
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Everything was great! Staff were all friendly and helpful. Easy to get to Manhattan from here. The room was clean and new! Price was amazing for NY.

Room Tip: the fourth floor was nice and the elevator was fast!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We thought we could get a hotel across from LGA airport when we landed, boy was we wrong. I quickly booked this hotel on my phone and even though it was a bit further away it was worth the $15 taxi ride to the hotel. Check in was quick we walked in and I told them I made reservation and the one worker was like I just received your reservation, took my ID and credit card and less than 5 mins we were in our room. The hotel was close to a shopping center, which made it easy for us to walk and do some shopping. The next day we checked out and took the bus to subway.

Would stay again next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank gnuhc12
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time share your experience at Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. We are happy that you found the check in process to be so quick and easy, but even happier to read your comment that you “would stay again”. We look forward to that next visit!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I came in for a job interview and was unfamiliar with the area. My experience started on a good note as I found the front desk staff most helpful and friendly. The management in general was very courteous. I found the room to be clean with everything I needed. Coffee makers with filter coffee was nice and the internet worked well enough for me. The kitchen set up was perfect and the pots and pans were nice and clean. In all I really liked the place and the people.
I have a second interview next week and have already booked to come back. This is a great place for any traveler.

Room Tip: Kitchen is great - you can prepare your own meals.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Hummanyum D
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words, and best of luck with the interview process!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My experience at this hotel was very pleasant. I stay with my husband and kids. It was very clean. The staff did an amazing job in accomodating my needs. They were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is planning to visit NY.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 24Elizabeth
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I checked into the hotel for a weekend stay and was very impressed by this hotel. The room, lobby and the hotel in general was spotless and clean. The staff were very nice and helpful and went out of their way to make me comfortable. In all I had an excellent experience and will return to this hotel in the future. I will be visiting NY often and will be booking at this place. This has been one of my best hotel experiences so far and I would like to thank the staff and management for making me feel so comfortable. This was truely a place with a difference.

Room Tip: The rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lauren H

Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a great place for the price. I've stayed here off and on for 11 years on business. The location is perfect for my business since it's centrally located to La Guardia, JFK, Queens, NYC, Bronx, Long Island, and parts of New Jersey. It's a mile from the ocean and the air is always windy and fresh, even in Summer. This hotel is as clean as any Marriott and the management and staff are just as courteous. They represent six countries and speak four languages. There is 24 hour/7 day a week security on the property supported by cameras viewed by the guard and the Home Office. The kitchen makes it feel like home and saves a lot of money on eating out. In 11 years, I have NEVER seen any bugs here. The kitchens are very clean. The dirtiest thing you'll see here is the random road builder coming in from a long day. Pet friendly, which is a must for me. There has never been a flea problem. Free coffee in the rooms and weekday mornings in the lobby. It's 20 minutes to NYC with no traffic. I walk my dog at 3 A.M. in this neighborhood and it's very safe. Prices are always good, starting at $86 per night. Also, if the hotel makes a mistake, they are quick to apologize and make it up to you, big time. This hotel is run with integrity and a level of excellence not found in any of the other properties of this hotel chain. I have stayed at Extended Stays in California, Arizona, Florida, Ohio, Chicago, Minnesota, and Connecticut and they are all average and nothing like this property. This place is like home to me.

Room Tip: Fourth floor is smoking. Floors 1-3 are non smoking. The North and West sides of hotel are the qui...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David B
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I would like to personally thank you first and foremost, for your continued loyalty over the years. I would also like to thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we have succeeded in meeting that goal in your case, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we cannot wait to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here last month and I must say it was such a pleasant experience. The people at the front desk were very friendly. They made me feel welcomed. They guided me to the perfect food spots and when I stayed in the kitchen inside the room was perfect. It was always very clean outside and inside. My room was always cleaned due to the high quality of housekeepers. All in all I recommend this hotel to anyone whose looking to stay in the NY area.

• Stayed: February 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America New York City - Laguardia Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitestone
Hotel de Point
#11 of 18 in Flushing
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Hampton Inn New York - LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Queens Court Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - New York City - Laguardia Airport? Share your experiences!