“A Little Bit Of Heaven Has Been Discovered In Whitesone, Queens”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
II Nocello Ristorante Italian O
Ranked #13 of 57 Restaurants in Whitestone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bayside, N.Y.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Little Bit Of Heaven Has Been Discovered In Whitesone, Queens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

There are not enough accolades to describe this cozy Italian restaurant In Whitestone, Queens.
Rosendo Barrera, the skilful chef/owner, looks to accommodate his patrons at no expense - and always with a warm welcome. The main dinning room is manned by the watchful eye of Gino, Anti, William and Beverly - What can I say, guys, I love you all!! There has never been meal that we had that we couldn't wait to experience again. This is the kind of venue that invites you to linger and not want to race home to see Grey's Anatomy, Dancing With The Stars, The Voice - whatever. I could go on about the food, but take it from someone that likes to dine - this is the "Go To Place." P.S. Gino, thanks for the hugs; Anti, thanks for the suave; Beverly, thanks for never ending smile; William, thanks for the extra mile; Rosendo, thanks for always surprising us with your accomplished skill. Hugs Back, Valerie

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank VBergBayside_N_Y_

Whitestone, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I frequent a restaurant named, Il Nochello’s, 1427 150th St, Flushing. Over the years we have restaurant hopped all over the neighborhood, but always return to Il Nochello’s as it is our favorite and as my husband says, “I’ve never left there disappointed!”.

They offer a variety of delicious Italian dishes along with daily specials that are as close to homemade as you can get. The atmosphere is cozy and has a warm homey feeling. You are always cheerfully greeted by the Maître ‘d, Gino, who makes you feel welcomed from the minute you walk in. Gino goes out of his way to make the patrons feel at home, often speaking in Italian to those from Italy, adding a nice touch. All of the staff there including Ante, Willie …etc. are all terrific. Gino and Ante are very attentive and make certain that all of the patrons are catered to making the service there unparalleled.

Not being much of a fish lover, I have to say that after having a few of their fish dishes, I was pleasantly surprised. One of my favorites is the Pasta San Giovanni, consisting of chopped shrimp and clams in a light tomato sauce over thin spaghetti.. Scrumptious! They have a nice range of appetizers too… try the Stuffed Artichoke, and dip some of the warm bread they give you into the sauce…it’s to die for!

They really go out of their way to make the clientele happy. Being regulars, my husband wondered if they would consider making an Italian dish his Mom used to make. It’s a Sicilian dish, Pasta with sardines. Well, the owner and chef, Rosando, said he would let us know… and low and behold, he did!! We invited friends with us who also wanted to have it and it was Delicious!! My husband had missed having that dish since his Mom passed and said it tasted as homemade as she used to make.

What more can I say… Quality Food at reasonable prices and a Terrific Staff make for a Wonderful Dining Experience!... Bon Appetit!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Julie C
Brooklyn, NY
“Great Italian Cuisine in Whitestone,NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you're in the mood for Italian food in Whitestone,NY, it's definitely worth your while to try this restaurant. My husband & I have dined here on several occasions and this place has become our favorite for Italian food. They offer a wide array of dishes and the service is superb. Be sure to start with their fresh calamari or caesar salad for appetizer and you will not be disappointed. Pasta,veal, and shrimp dishes are all good sized portions and prepared to perfection. We always enjoy a nice dinner here.There are many locals dine here and Gino (maitre d') is always personable and treats all his customers like "family". The waitstaff (Natalie & Anton) were awesome. Weekends are super busy so be sure to make a reservation. My husband & I reside in Brooklyn,NY and we have no problem making a trip to Il Nocello. It's worth the trip. Enough said.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank kainoy
Whitestone, New York
“My favorite restaurant in Whitestone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

You don't have to go into Manhattan to enjoy delicious Italian cuisine. There is a gem in Whitestone that has become my favorite. Every meal has been perfect, starting with my favorite appetizers of stuffed mushrooms and eggplant rollatini. My guests ordered veal and chicken marsala and said repeatedly how they were soft as butter. I love the tilapia over sauteed spinach and the special fish of the day is also always delicious. The staff is wonderful, from the maitre d', Gino, who always gives you a warm welcome, to the wait staff (Anton and Natalie are terrific) and the chef, Rossando. As a matter of fact, I now plan my office Christmas parties at Il Nocello since they have an upstairs room which is perfect for a group (there's even a restroom upstairs). Once you discover Il Nocello, you'll return often since the prices are reasonable and every meal is enjoyable.

• Visited October 2012
Greenwich, CT
“Very nice neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I took my mother there for dinner. Food was good. Service attentive and friendly. Prices reasonable. The deserts were outstanding. All-in-all a very enjoyable evening. Would recommend both the veal dishes and the seafood.

• Visited July 2012