Budget Inn Whitehall
The Sagamore Resort(Bolton Landing)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Contessa Resort(Bolton Landing)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2010

First of all the room smelled horrible! I attempted to use all the perfume I had on me to cover the stink! The bathroom sink was completely pulled away from the wall and the single stall shower looked like it haden't been cleaned in months! Thankfully I only stayed one night, as I would NEVER have considered myself clean showering there! I was afraid to leave my luggage in the room when I left, as the staff looked less than honorable. I believe there were actual residents in the room next to me that actually live there! I was extremely uncomfortable and disgusted with this stay. I informed my boyfriend, who was there for his construction job, that I refused to visit hm again if he continued to stay in this hotel. I never did visit him again, but even the construction crew was so disgusted that they moved out of the hotel the next week. If I didn't love this man, I would have broke up with him on the spot for considering it appropriate to take me to such a dump. When he asked, "Do you think you're better than this hotel?" I responded, "EVERYONE IS BETTER THAN THIS HOTEL!" And you are too - please do youself a favor and never EVER stay at this place. And don't be impressed because they have free itnernet - it only works half the time from half of the rooms and yours probably won't be one of them! Oh, and another thing - the mattress was so bad (and likely filled with bed bugs), that we had to sleep sideways!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberlee4
Reviewed February 14, 2009

I don't know WHY Trip Advisor has this "motel" (definitely not "hotel") on their top-rated. It should be condemned!! Doesn't Trip Advisor have people who check these places before giving a thumbs-up?? Did the writer get a free room so felt obligated to write something good? We stayed here (for about 1/2 hour) because there was no other hotel in all of Whitehall that was open. First of all, this shabby, run-down joint looks like it should be condemned. Then we went into the small, old office (looking like something out of a murder movie) and the guy who worked there looked dirty and he stunk. It was really hot and we went into the room and the a/c didn't work. As far as the room, it looked like it had the original bedspread from when the place was first opened years about 35 ago. It looks like one of those TV shows where people take a black light in and then go "OH, YUCK!!!". Don't sit on that BED or that CHAIR, and don't sit on that TOILET! We asked for a different room and it was just as bad. We asked for our money back, headed up the road about 20 minutes more, to Rutland, Vermont, just over the NY border, and got a beautiful room at a local chain hotel for the same rate...AND we didn't have to worry about bugs creeping up on us in the middle of the night...DON'T STAY HERE!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank notpickybut
Reviewed June 21, 2008

We were not given a double bed room as requested. We had to wait for a response when we got there by ringing a bell. We had to go back to the office and get a battery for the TV. We had to unplug the lamp by the bed as I kept getting shocks. The over the bed lamp had the cord run very tightly behind the headboard that I felt it a fire hazzard. The sink was plugged and there were cob webs under the desk, TV, and table and chairs. The air conditioning had no controls you could just plug it in. The windows did not open. The sheets did not fit the bed. The room was non smoking but had burn holes in the floor in the bathroom. The shower curtain was way too small and the floor gave while I stood in the shower. I would never go there again and I would NEVER recomend it to anyone. Whom ever liked this place must have never been to a real motel hotel. A friend tried to call into the room and NO ONE answered the phone!!! At the main desk. The photos that the other person has must have been the switch and bate rooms. They did not exist

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank ferd14718
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Well, I will never ever stay here again. The people that said this was a nice place and nicely decorated must be out of their minds. Oh, maybe if they enjoy 50's decor AND NOT RETRO, just old. The light fixture in the room was an old circular flourescent light like the ones that used to be in Mom's kitchen (if you are over 50 that is). TV worked but had so much statiC you couldn't see the picture and don't turn up the volume it only got worse. The AC UNIT was huge leading one to believe it too was from 1950 and it had to be plugged in to operate. No top sheet on the bed, the blankets had burn holes in it as well as the bathroom floor....ok won't even go into the bathroom. Frankly afraid to turn OFF the lights for fear of what would come out. Knew it wasn't 5 star or even 2 but this was ridiculous. Oh, if it matters, the back building didn't have any hot water, pretty awful for a bunch of 50ish BIKERS.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mharter731
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I really enjoyed my stuff the staff was great and the rooms are very clean i would like to tell everyone who comes in whitehall to stay in budgetinn. it is the best hotel around whitehall

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank traveler2007055