“Disappointing and pricey.”
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 264 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mamaroneck Avenue
Description: At BLT Steak White Plains, located in the always elegant Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel, Westchester residents can savor our signature warm popovers along with specially selected steaks, fresh seafood and satisfying sides such as grilled asparagus and hash browns. Steakhouse dining in Westchester never sounded so good.
White Plains, New York
“Disappointing and pricey.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We were there to celebrate my wife's birthday.We shared a Caesar salad which was just average and barely acceptable.We ordered steaks one rib eye with the bone and a NY strip along with sharing a baked potato and creamed spinach.the steaks came under cooked and we sent them back.When the steaks came back cooked to our liking the sides were cold.The steaks were good not great.
We shared a tasty dessert and asked for the check.My wife ordered a small diet coke and they asked her if she wanted a refill and she did.They had the nerve to charge us for another coke.i brought it to the attention of the maitre'd and he did take off the second drink.
The bill was huge and after paying it I vowed not to come back.

1 Thank Bobwake3

Washington DC
“He Said What?”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stay at The Ritz Carlton, which is attached to BLT Steak,12-15 times a year. I eat here each night and it is typically fine: innovative (as all BLT's are..I frequent the DC one where I live) with a slight hint towards more food prep than service. This night however took me to a new level of bizarre in the way of customer interaction. Here, exactly, is the scenario: Sit at the bar alone, enjoying a martini, ordered dinner, reading the NYT on my phone. A gentlemen comes up to me, does not identify himself, encourage a greeting, or offer any sort of introduction. He simply states in a heavily doted French accent and at a level enough for those around to hear; "Sir, you are embarrassing yourself and the restaurant...please pull your pants up." I am kind of speechless at this point. As if I was in some sort of surreal French movie. Taken aback, I stand motionless from my chair and collect myself, trying to understand who this person was and exactly what he was talking about. I look at my clothing: Paul Smith blue blazer with pocket square, a Paul Smith button down shirt, nicely tailored jeans (whew, I did remember pants), and Paul Smith shoes - then wondering if this was some kind of practical joke. I realize a few moments later that perhaps my jacket was riding up and my jeans may have been slouched a bit (I recently lost weight) but was still perplexed. I walked up to the man and asked him what he was talking about and who he was and he informed me that he was the General Manager and that my jeans were hanging down and my "buttocks were showing and it was embarrassing." I was, once again, lost in the moment of the surreal. Did this man actually just say this? Am I some biker off the street wearing leather? What? We had words, mutually insulting I am sure - given my complete shock and embarrassment (at the way he handled this) - paid my bill, said so long to my $42.00 steak...and ventured back to my room for room service. Were my "buttocks exposed? Of course not. Were my jeans inadvertently riding a tad low due to recent weight loss? It seems so. So, what could Michel Laurent, the GM, have done better to handle the possibility that my Paul Smith jeans were indeed riding a bit low and marginally exposed given their open-backed bar stools? Perhaps he could have said this "Hi, I am Michel Laurent, the General Manager here, I hope your enjoying everything and that you are comfortable in our home. I know this is completely awkward and I am absolutely lost at the best way of saying this but we have these absurd open-backed bar stools and sometimes, boy do I know, our pants may slip a bit and we might have a rather unknowing and awkward exposure. I am sure your not aware and I have no better way to let you know that your pants in back are a tad low...I am sure you know that I just want you to be informed for your own comfort. If there is anything I can do let me know." Then laugh - and make jokes about it in a friendly way. Tell the customer, even if BS, that "yeah, I have the same problem sometimes with my jeans and I hate it." It's not brain surgery. Or a stretch. It's simple courtesy amongst grown adults. Forget the service industry or what to expect at a restaurant and let's talk basic human interaction.

Sadly, and regardless of the restaurant not being technically "affiliated" with the hotel, I informed the Ritz Carlton that I am no longer staying there or at any Ritz Carlton (or Marriott hotel) worldwide (for which I stay a number of nights internationally) until I receive a formal apology from BLT corporate. Lame...sure - I know...but it's the only recourse for what is one of the most bizarre and embarrassing moments I have ever experienced in my life. Should you eat there? Sure, have it. The food is fine. Just make sure you check your pants, and make certain they do not accidentally droop a bit, lest you reap the wrath of Michel Laurent and his direct attack (rather than tactful engagement) of his interpretation of an embarrassing and shocking exposure.

3 Thank eyechip
New York City, New York
“Great, expensive but, very noisy!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Only thing is it's very noisy with wood floors and no white table cloths. Dishes clanking the entire time.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Classact10
New York, NY
“Solid but not particularly special”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I had dinner with friends at BLT Steak on a recent Saturday night.

The dining room is airy and spacious with a very nice vibe. The noise level is appropriate for the space.

We ordered cocktails and waited. And waited. And waited - 15 minutes in total. After ten minutes I brought it to the waiter's attention. "They'll be here in one minute." Five minutes later, I saw him with the drinks on a tray, standing by a wait station, directing the delivery of appetizers to several of his other tables - he stood there with our drinks for a good minute before making eye contact with me and hurrying over. Amateur hour.

My Sazerac cocktail was the stingiest pour I've ever had - maybe 1/2 an inch of liquor in the bottom of the tumbler.

Appetizers came out quickly and I enjoyed my spinach salad. My wife got the oysters, which were more like cockles - tiny and at $3 each a ripoff.

Her fish entree was overcooked and she was very disappointed. My skirt steak was tasty, but you know what? I cook skirt steak at home and mine's better. The chimichurri sauce was one-note and boring.

Luckily, all the side dishes were excellent, although the portions are very small. We shared creamed spinach, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and asparagus - the sides were the highlight of the meal.

I ordered a glass of muscat off the after-dinner menu. The waiter came back and said "I'm sorry we only sell it by the bottle." I pointed him to the menu offering muscat at $12 a glass. "Oh, okay." Off he ran and five minutes later I had my glass of muscat.

For us, BLT stood for Bad Luck Tonight.

All around - eh.

1 Thank caliroan
New York
“Great Service..”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The employes are wonderful. They know how to treat their guests.The place is wonderful and the setting is very relaxing and top notch. Not being a meat eater,I had the englisg pea rissoto. Wonderful....................The best part ,lol was the chocolate,spring roll.....My husband had the steak, he said it was not great, but the baked potato was a hit.........................