“Lovely hotel with wonderful staff!!!”

Renaissance Westchester Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Reston
“Lovely hotel with wonderful staff!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here as part of a conference and then stayed a few days beyond. My room was great. The food in the restaurant was excellent as well and the staff was just fantastic. Smiles and very helpful. Only reason I did not give an excellent rating was it is a long walk from the main part of the hotel to the rooms and also tough to get to the hotel from the highway, but sure that you have it well mapped out. It is easy to miss since the trees are almost overgrowing the exit sign. I would definitely go back again though.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear GailCrockett,
Thank you for your feedback! We hope you come and visit us again in the near future.

Melanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Our family came from many locations including the West Coast of USA and Lima, Peru to name a few places. The hotel is a great location in Westchester County and has something for multiple generations. Their banquet facilities for a reception for 40 people and two buffet dinners was always ready, looked beautiful and was well staffed. The food was excellent!! The Hotel staff understands their job and always had a smile. From the front desk, to the banquet staff; it was a wonderful three days.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron1516
Dear Ron1516,
Thank you for your review! I will be sure to pass this along to our entire team. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us.

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel for its friendly service and great accommodations. While staying here I found out that my mom passed away. The staff sent me a fruit and cheese plate with a sympathy card. I was extremely touched. The food/bar was great as well.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank glennod
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear glennod,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so happy to hear that our staff was able to brighten your day especially under some very difficult circumstances. Again please accept our heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one.

Bad Schonborn, Germany
Reviewed August 7, 2014

With only one night stay in the hotel it is difficult to write much about the activity possibilities nearby, but the tennis court, the indoor pool, etc. didn't look bad at all. The rooms got all a complete make over and have fairly large new (Flatscreen) TVs, a modern and large bathroom. The rooms are all more in the garden area building of the hotel and as such very quite. Definitive a hotel where I will stay the next time I'm in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Vordenbaeumen,

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

A nice stay for several nights was marred by the inability of the hotel to provide internet in the hotel.

Connecting was very slow and the speeds were slower. I even had selected the enhanced higher speed connection. Interestingly the speed was much better in the lounge but that didn't help where I needed it. When I told the hotel on Thursday night I assumed they would fix it on Friday, but alas they did not and it was still woefully inadequate in Sunday. The computers in the lobby also did not work.

Otherwise it was a great stay. Only other complaint is that the hallway noise was not well blocked by the room doors.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank lotsotripsneedsleep
Dear lotsotripsneedsleep,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered with our internet. We have alerted the team to check all areas in the Hotel and ensure the internet is working properly. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us again.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a wedding party and the hotel is very nice. First, it is very very clean. All of the hallways, outside area, bar, restaurant areas, etc were clean. The rooms were also immaculate. There was an indoor pool, which we didn't get to use, but that also looked very nice.
The hotel doesn't look that large, but the walk from the lobby to our room was quite a trek. It seemed like we were in part of an extension or something. That was one drawback. The room also seemed to be cheaply furnished. The headboard and TV stand were most certainly not real wood. They looked like Formica/pressboard. The maid came on Sunday morning at about 8:30 am, which I thought was ridiculous. Despite all that, the hotel allowed an early check in, the staff was very friendly, and they had an excellent Sunday buffet. The hotel is a bit out of the way, so it would be a nice retreat I guess. It wasn't very close to the wedding venue for us. Definitely very nice staff and service and fairly priced for Westchester County.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank keirao
Dear keirao,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff proved to be as friendly and helpful as we aim to be. We hope you visit us again!

Dubai
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is not the easiest hotel to find... I have to say that up front - I almost drove past the entrance to it and I had a navigation system in the rental car, but I did see the sign and got there... and glad I did.

This is a really lovely little place - I was there in the dead of winter, with snow on the ground and the temperature sitting around 20F... so not the best time to visit - but the welcome was warm, the staff were excellent and the room was very comfortable, with a nice bed, good facilities in terms of shower and bathroom etc. and for the week I was there, it was a nice home from home... what more could one ask for on a business trip.

The gym was being refit when I was there so they had a temporary one in place, but to be honest I didn't bother going - I grabbed an extra hour asleep and felt better for it.

It was a great location and I would definitely recommend this to other travellers with a need to stay in this area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Shaun B,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. You will be happy to know our fitness center has been completed as well as our pool. We hope that when your travels bring you back to the area that you will come and visit us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Hilton Westchester
Hilton Westchester
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Renaissance Westchester Hotel? Share your experiences!