“Quiet oasis in the middle of a 30 acre park”

Renaissance Westchester Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
SJU
“Quiet oasis in the middle of a 30 acre park”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our trip started out wonderfully thanks to our greeting from Richard at the front desk, he made us feel right at home. The hotel is a little isolated and not easy to find at night, but once you get there it has everything you need. Use the self parking entrance and you can get in and out of your room without seeing anyone, or go thru the beautiful lobby and bar area.
The rooms are huge and nicely decorated. Bathrooms clean and updated. Only complaints are that the bed was VERY hard and breakfast / coffee are expensive, especially because the hotel is so far away from anything else.

Room Tip: Get ready to walk - this is a large, sprawling hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean T
gavin h, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Jean T,
I appreciate the time you took to provide us feedback about your stay! I am glad you met Richard and he made your arrival truly a memorable experience! I am also happy to hear we provided you with everything you needed during your stay!
We are tucked away, which creates that "oasis" atmospehere. Close enough to enjoy the city life but nestled away to get away from the city life!
We hope to see again soon!

Gavin Hasty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Extremely professional welcome from Marisol at the front desk. Very clean room, very quiet location but near everything we needed. Self parking, safe and well lit. Beautiful setting. Quick to Harrison metro north station, easy to find.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
FamilyTripper_7_12,
WOW, what a great experience!
Thank you for the kind words about Marisol! She is a true asset to our team and this hotel.
We take pride in experiences like yours. I hope you enjoyed the show in the city!
Looking forward to your next stay and great experience!

Gavin Hasty
Front Office Manager
Reviewed April 6, 2014

So this was my second stay here this year. Both times a huge bargain- use priceline or the HotelTonight app (I paid 100$ per night- ridiculous low price for such a nice hotel especially on a weekend).

The hotel itself is VERY comfortable, its obvious that their standards in cleanliness are very high. The rooms are big enough, beds are excellent (I'm picky), and different types of pillow density so you can choose the kind you like. Great mini fridge that fit all the food and drinks i bought. Bathroom lighting was really complimenting to skin and makeup application. I hate when hotels have rude institution lighting in the bathroom. And I was really happy about the warm lighting situation.

The lobby is really cozy with hip decor. My favorite is the library nook that mercifully kept me busy for hours, also a computer station open for guest use.
I haven't eaten at the restaurant, but it seemed to be full and popular. The staff definitely accommodated all my dietary needs in terms of preparing and heating up the food I brought with me.

There is a pool but it's currently under construction. This is not near the guest rooms so the noise doesn't interfere at all. The check-in area is pretty far walk from the guest room building- with a bridge connecting the two. More convenient is the guest parking lot that has an entrance directly into the guestroom building. Use that rather than hauling your stuff from reception to the room.

I had a negative experience due to a guest in an adjacent room creating a huge nuisance in middle of the night. This does not reflect badly at ALL on the hotel itself. When I brought this situation to their attention (in specific, Richard, Letitzia), they were extremely apologetic and genuinely driven to do whatever they could to make it up to me, even though this was really unnecessary because another guest creating a disturbance isn't their fault at all. They even called my room to see if there was anything special they could do for me. Still, they took responsibility for making sure that my stay was a good one and tried really hard to go the extra mile for me.

Definitely coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for woods view. Also get room near guest entrance to minimize walking.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Esther L,
We thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad to see you were pleased not only with the amenities we have to offer, but more importantly the STAFF!
I agree that Richard and Leticia are great! I have shared the response with them and have ensured they get the recognition they deserve!
We hope to see you again in the near future!

Darien, Connecticut
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We only stayed one night but were very happy with the staff. We were going to dine at a seafood restaurant in a nearby town, but got lost en route to the hotel so it was too late to dine out. Tired and hungry, we called the hotel for directions and Nakul was very kind and patient staying on the phone, directing us for the ten minutes that it took to get there. We were really hoping for a seafood dinner and decided to eat at the bar. We were told that the last of the fish special was gone. I was so disappointed as I mulled over the menu numerous times trying to find an appealing replacement. We ordered drinks and I silently sighed "no fish?" as I whined to my spouse. As I sulked again, trying to choose something from the menu, we were kindly interrupted and introduced to the chef Jean-Claude. Jean-Claude greeted us and apologized that the last of the bronzini was gone and said he would see what kind of fish he could find and would create a dish for us from scratch. It was amazing, we were astounded, what a pleasant surprise. A few minutes later he presented us with two beautifully decorated plates of monkfish with rice and asparagus. And yes, it was so very delicious. We felt very lucky to be so well taken care of and look forward to returning here in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fritz S
Fritz S,
Thank you for filling out the review of the hotel!
Our Chef is a true asset and I know he appreciates the great comments. We are sorry we were out of fish that evening, but I am happy to see that he was able to turn that experience around for you.!
We are looking forward to your next stay with us, so our Chef can whip you up something nice!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Although trip got started as rough, the service provided by a truely dedicated individual who is so attentive not just with me but I obeserved with everyone should be commended. Stephen Bruce was phenomenal in helping the trip to be so much better. What a great person and a dedicated
employee to his job, team workers, and most importantly the guest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
amorsherie,
I am truly glad to see you had an opportunity to experience Stephen Bruce!
He is a true asset to the team and the service he provides is genuine! I am pleased to see he changed what started off a little rough, was changed and turned in to a great experience!
Thank you again and we have shared this with Stephen and his team!
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have fond memories of my son swimming while snow collected on the dome above the pool; wonderful brunches with fresh berries and peppered bacon; elegant rooms, refreshing welcoming foyer. I've stayed there dozens of times. But it is now owned by a new enterprise it the stay was anything but enjoyable. The decor is dark and sleazy-i was told the decor was intended to appeal to the young bar crowd. Seemed more like it would appeal to people wanting to rent by the hour. It didn't help that a sleazy glitzy children's "dance" competition was being held when I stayed there. The clientele were noisy and lets say not displaying classic elegance-just like the new decor of the hotel. Forget classy and elegant. The restaurant was gone. The bar expanded but food is unavailable after 11-bar or otherwise. The rooms are fine. Clean. Average. The staff at the desk seemed detached and disinterested-letting the phone ring and ring, for example. Yet when they did interact it was overly solicitous. If you are a professional looking for an elegant place to stay and perhaps meet for business, this isn’t an appropriate place any more. If you are a South Jersey fan, this might fit the bill.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear traveledtooandno,

Your feedback is extremely important to us. We thank you for taking the time to alert us of the concerns you had.
I want to offer my apologies for the issues you encountered and it saddens me to hear that we did not exceed your expectations. If you return to this area again, we would love if you would give us another chance. Please send me a note stating your arrival date, so that I may personally see to it that your request is met and we exceed your expectations. Thank you again.

Regards,
Melanie
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We spent one night here. Check in was very quick and easy. The staff was very nice and helpful. We had a room on the third floor. It was nice and clean. The hotel had at least two large groups staying and it was very noisy. (esp at 2:00 a.m.) The wifi was $12.95 which I don't think that Marriott card members should have to pay. Also, we were told that breakfast was $22.00 per person, we did not eat in the hotel. The lobby is beautiful, very welcoming.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Westchester Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Leaner65,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We greatly appreciate all feedback!
We do offer a breakfast buffet and an option to choose from our a la carte menu. I apologize that you were not informed of this. We have recently updated our Menu as well. We hope you come and visit us again in the near future!

Delighted,
Hilton Westchester
Hilton Westchester
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

Been to Renaissance Westchester Hotel? Share your experiences!