“Location and value price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County

Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
POUGHKEEPSIE
“Location and value price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed for a few days in town for business and the location was ideal. I walked the city for some shopping and our meals from this central location it was never a thought to take out the car. They offer garage secured and gated parking for only ten dollars. The morning breakfast spread was large and restocked along with being very clean. We had a very large room and plenty of room to relax and work. They staff was great! Day and night always on top friendly and offer to help. Happy to visit again the only minor set back is the room is a little dated along with the bathrooms but nothing major everything worked fine

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

We very much appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. The entire staff was happy to hear that your experience was both satisfactory and convenient. We continuosly strive to provide the best value and service in White Plains on top of our convenient location and spacious suties to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests. We sincerely hope that you will return to the hotel the next time in the area. Thanks again.

Jay Finney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stay here for a week every summer in June and wont go anywhere else. Location is excellent. I prefer to walk, there are restaurants, lots of shopping, movies, and the train station is just a couple blocks when you want to go to the city. Kitchens are small and efficient. We can store our New York pizza! Great place.

Room Tip: Watch for specials on line.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty. We very much appreciate that you took the time to write a review on your experience here. We look forward to having you back next summer, and we will make sure there is plenty of space for your NY pizza! Thanks again. We will see you next time.

Jay FInney
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at this Residance Inn from May till the end of June. The front desk staff was awesome, Jason, Robert, and both kellies, I admired them for their courage to come back every day and take constant complaints about the air conditioner not working in the rooms. I stayed a little more than a month and the only time I saw the GM was when I was extending my stay. The manager was never found on the days when we had no air at all. To me he was a cowered! I was in the hotel when there was no air because the system brook down, that was a 4 day ordeal, then the air system (newly installed) broke down again that was a long hot weekend, shouldn't you have called the air condition company back out even if it was over the weekend. But this was not the end of the air condition ordeal 2 more times for a total o 4 days each time the air condition failed to work, the temp was not cool outside either that was when that location was having a heat wave. When I left that hotel I swore I would not spent another day at a Residance again, but I gave Marriott a second chance. I travel for a living and I normally stay at Hilton's Homewood Suites, the problem was that in White Plains ther was no Homewood Suites. I am noe in CA at a Residance Inn and I am so happy, the room smells great (fresh) it is clean the staff is wonderful. Residance Inn White Plains is an insult to the Marriott name. The Marriott in Vacaville is a CREDIT to there company. Outstanding place to stay. Residance Inn White Plains, go anywhere but not there.

Room Tip: Just don't stay rooms are old and out dated and smell like mildew.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. I am happy to hear that all of your interaction with the staff was very positive and they left an excellent lasting impression on you. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the trouble and inconveniences you encountered with regards to the air conditioning during your stay. The entire staff was equally frustrated and unfortunately the setbacks with the cooling tower replacement project were very much beyond our control. In addition, I was attending a mandatory General Manager Conference for Marriott that week in Florida, and I very much wish that I was at the hotel to support the staff that week. I was constantly in touch wiht the hotel and pushing the vendor as much as I possibly could to work overtime and weekends to complete the project. I very much regret that you were here during that particular time frame as that is not the norm here. I sincerely hope that there is something I can fo to make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to further discuss. Thanks again for your feedback.

Westford, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great one-night stay. The rooms are clean, quiet and large with separate bedroom and living, dining & kitchen areas. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is adequate, but they seemed to have difficulty keeping some things filled. The location is also great and within walking distance of many restaurants, theatre, etc. I would stay here again if I ever returned to White Plains.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reston, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't reserved this hotel but I was driving from Virginia to Boston with 2 small kids and got stuck in more traffic than usual. It was late, I was exhausted, so I called Marriott and asked if there was any way to cancel a night at the Marriott Boston I had booked, and find a hotel near White Plains. Within 5 minutes she'd found this Residence Inn for a good price, changed the other reservation, and I was on my way!

The staff here checked me in quickly and the man at the front desk - Robert - personally showed me how to get to the parking garage and gave my kids a bedtime snack. It was nice to feel so cared for after a long day! The room was huge with a separate living room and bedroom, it was modern and beautiful! I plan to stop there again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank JaneTraveler
Thank you very much for all of your feedback. We are happy to hear that all of your interaction with the staff went perfectly. Robert is truly a tremendous asset and a role model employee. We hoep to see you back soon. Thanks again.

Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

The rooms were enormous. We had a bedroom and a large living room with a kitchenette and dining table. Easily fit 2 adults and 3 children.

The staff are extremely helpful. Rarely have I met such nice staffers.

Breakfast is reasonably good, though a few fresh vegetables would make it much better.

Location is great: 5 minutes from MTA and central White Plains.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The Upside - We stayed for 8 days and the staff was superb. They made us feel very welcome and was so accommodating. The hotel was in a great location downtown. The 1 br suite was very spacoius and the kitchenette was very convienient for our family. The complimentary breakfast and popcorn in the room and gift bag of water and chips with a handwritten welcome note from the staff made my day. The hotel is also walking distance from the train. The Downside, the kitchenette was not all cabinets it was actual plywood next too the dishwasher and the reclining chair was very worn and tattered (see pics). It has seen much better days and should not have been in the room because it was so worn. The exterior of the building and windows are in dire need of an upgrade considering you pay over $200 a night here. But other than that it was good.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We very much appreciate your business. We were happy to hear that your stay was satidfactory and you enjoyed the location. With regardss to the recliners we have recently refurbished them over the last month to ensure all of them are in much better condition. In addition, we have a full guest room renovation on the horizon in early 2014. We hope to see you back soon and have you see all of the improvements we are making on all fronts. Thanks again for staying.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
#5 of 8 in White Plains
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#4 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County? Share your experiences!