“Spacious, Great Location, & Awesome Staff!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County

Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Hudson, Massachusetts, USA
“Spacious, Great Location, & Awesome Staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Title says it all. Stayed here on business for 1 night. Rooms are huge. 10 HBO stations. Service is great & you're within walking distance (less than 1/4 mile) to downtown white plains. Highly recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

We very much appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and feedback on Tripadvisor. The entire staff is happy to hear that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay. We hope to see you back soon!

Jay Finney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at Res. Inn White Plains on weekend of June 28 - July 1, 2013 (3 nights). We were a family of 5. The location is great (walk to everything), the rooms were very spacious (we got an executive suite but the regular suite would have been fine) and the service was amazing. All the staff (especially the front desk) were very nice and accommodating. I would have given the review a 5 star rating but there was no pool and the beds weren't the best. The beds were a bit firm for my liking. My kids would have enjoyed a pool but the extra space in the room sort of made up for the lack of pool. The warm buffet breakfast was good. The Res. Inn is not the Ritz (which is 2 blocks away). But if you want to pay double, have a much smaller room and no breakfast, then stay at the Ritz. Thank you to the front desk at the Res. Inn for this past weekend - sorry guys, I can't remember your names - Jason? and ? The next time I visit White Plains, I will come back to the Res. Inn.

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in nearly all the Marriott properties in the area and this was my first and last time here.

It is old and dirty and needs to be updated ( see just 2 examples with the pics I uploaded ).

It was the most uncomfortable bed with cheap linens. The hallway was so hot as if the Air conditioner was not even working.

The only positive is the location right down town in White Plains. And for all the reviews saying it is such a great vaule and cheaper then the other hotels in the area , I need to say there is a reason why.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at the Residence Inn White Plains. We very much regret that you left us with an ill perception of the hotel. We are currently working dilligently on restoration and upgrades. Furthermore, a full guest renovation is on the horizon as well. We hope that you will give us another chance. If you are ever returning to the White Plains area, please contact me directly and I will personally see to it that your stay is above and beyond your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

There is lots of space in the rooms, but not so much in the parking garage. If you can find a space in the limited outside lot, you may benefit from less stress of trying to maneuver around the narrow pillars inside the garage.
The rooms are rather plain but nicely sufficient. The air conditioning is rather loud. The toiletry products are sufficient but not fancy. There isn't really anywhere to hang your towel. Housekeeping was good, breakfast was hot and decent. Location is good; within short walk to train and downtown shopping area. No frills, but comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued guest-

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with us. We are happy to hear that your experience was a satisfactory one. Please accept our sincerest apologies with regards to your experience in the parking garage. Unfortunately, all parking facilities are very compact in White Plains due to the vast need for parking spaces in an urban downtown area. If you return in the future, please do not hesitate to call us and we will personally reserve a spot in the alternative lot for you prior to your arrival. We hope to see you return next time you are visitring the Westchester Area. Thanks Again.

Bagdad, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've been looking for an alternative to the CP in White Plains. Somewhere that doesn't give me the crappy short, middle-aged lady room at the end of the corridor on whatever floor HASN'T been renovated - you know, the one where the hallway smells like broccoli and the two double beds crowd the room. Oh, yea, and the desk chair is 6 inches off the floor, which wouldn't matter if I weren't (wait for it) a short middle-aged lady.

I'm going to have to wait one more time for that hotel, because the Residence is close but not there. I stayed last week when the air-conditioning system was being replaced and my lovely, spacious suite was hotter than hell. Okay, that will never happen again, but Dear God what was on the bed? I don't think I've ever seen a mattress slope like that before. And amusingly, they mis-charged me $30 the second night when it was even hotter in my room. I think it was the sauna surcharge.

Never the less - fantastic customer service, a nice location, super workstation, awesome amenities...I'll just sleep on the sofa.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Ms. Weinmann-

We very much appreciate that you took the time to review your experience here. Please accept our warmest apology for the inconveniences you were subjected to with regards to the cooling tower being replaced and the bed being incorrectly on the frame. We wish that we were able to make a better first impression. We hope you understand that is not the norm here. We are happy to here that the staff and service you encountered left a positive lasting impression and we hope that we can convince you to give us one more chance. If you are ever traveling to the area again in the future, please contact me directly at 914-761-7700. I will personally arrange everything and ensure that your stay is above and beyond your expectations. Thanks again for your feedback.

Arnold, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is the second time I stayed in this hotel. I brought my daughter with me and she asked if this was the hotel with the "really nice guy" at the front desk. When we checked in, it was a different man at front but every bit as nice. The room was huge and pretty clean. Every single staff member was gracious and friendly. The man from hospitality was prompt and refused a tip. The lady in the breakfast room was pleasant and friendly. The only negative is the mattresses for the bed are ridiculously uncomfortable. Despite this, I will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jay F, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Valued guest-

We are so happy to hear that your experience here left a lasting and memorable impression. The entire staff has been dedicated to providing service above and beyond expectations to ensure we keep our guests coming back to visit us again. We very much hope that you return to stay with us agin in the future. Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the mattress. We are working on major upgrades and renovations over the next year to esnure we keep the product fresh and new to match the service that we are striving to provide each and every guest. Thanks again for your feedback.

Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I found the service at the Residence Inn in White Plains to be excellent. The room was a really good size and very clean. They have a buffet breakfast, where you can make your own waffles, all included in the room rate, as well on on site, free parking. Really convenient located if you want to do day trips to Manhattan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 8 in White Plains
Westchester Marriott
Westchester Marriott
#4 of 7 in Tarrytown

Been to Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County? Share your experiences!