New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County

Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Millwood, New York
“Made my stay during Hurricane Sandy Great!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The staff was so welcoming and friendly! We lost our power and came to our tempoarary "home" for the next 12 nights! Matt and Crystal were amazing as was all the staff! The entire staff was so helpful and accommodating during a busy time The rooms were big and clean. The full breakfast and social hour were real meals! Excellent value for the price! Plus they were even dog friendly!

Only complaint is the Marriott rewards program needs to be revamped....really non existent!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently spent 1 night at the Residence Inn while in White Plains for business. The hotel was in good shape, the rooms were spacious and clean and the staff at check-in were friendly. There isn't much around the hotel in walking distance but with a car there are several restaurants and a big mall within 5 miles.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Michele H, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest-

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott White Plains Westchester. We appreciate all of your feedback and we are happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. If you are ever returning to the area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to personally set up your reservation as I will ensure to set up a welcome package for you with information and recommendations for all kinds of local dining and shopping just minutes from the hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to write about your stay. We hope to see you back soon.

Jay Finney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value for the price. Extremely large rooms and well kept. I've traveled on business for a number of years, but I had met the friendliest and most accommodating Front Desk Rep at this hotel, Robert K. At first, it's so extreme that it appears fake (because people arent that consistently nice and happy) but after spending 8 days at the hotel it was apparent that this guy is for real. It's amazing how someone like this can enhance the stay so much more. I truly respect his professionalism and ability to perform consistently at such a high level. You'll see what I mean if you ever choose to stay here...

• Stayed October 2012
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed there for ten days, and every person on the staff went way out of their way for their guests and always had a friendly greeting. The hotel was full because of people who had lost their power from the hurricane, but everything went well.

The lobby and rooms were renovated since the last time we stayed there (another storm a few years ago), and while some of the furnishings were a little worn, they were clean and comfortable. I was actually able to make dinner in the kitchen a few nights, and it was great to have a full refrigerator.

We went down at different hours for the breakfast, and it was always replenished.

I met several people who were there for long term stays, and I never heard a complaint from any guest.

Just know that it is a pet friendly hotel, which is why we were there. Since many people there were staying because of power outages, I would imagine there were more dogs than usual. However, I never heard another dog bark. In fact, I never heard another person in the hotel once we got into our room.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's my understanding that this hotel wasn't very nice. My boss hesitated to have me stay here for a work trip. I was thankful to encounter a lovely room with new linens, comfortable furnishings, friendly, helpful staff, and a delicious breakfast. I travel to White Plains regularly for work and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BetsyGinDC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Residence while visiting family this past weekend. This was the first time I had traveled to White Plains and was driving myself around the area. The staff was very helpful, providing me clear directions to the nearest grocery, tips on parking and all around friendly attitude. I didn't meet any staff member - from the clearing pros. to the General Manager that didn't offer me a hello or smile. When I wasn't able to print my boarding pass on lobby printers, they took me to the front desk computers and let me use their printers!

The room was clean, VERY roomy and secure. My only complaint was that it didn't have the weather channel. Normally, no big deal, but since I was there days before Hurricane Sandy, it's absence was missed. Frankly, if that is my only complaint, the room was pretty accommodating.

Since I was visting the weekend of Hurricane Sandy, by Sun evening, my morning flight had been cancelled. Fortunately, I was offered a car ride back to DC, but I had to leave NOW. I ran into the hotel, talked to the desk staff for 15 secs.and ran upstairs. He had me checked out with the receipt waiting when I flew back out about 10 min. later. PERFECT.

I would definately stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We loved White Plains and loved the Residence Inn. My daughter and I stayed here after flying in to the White Plains airport (great airport) late at night. We drove to our destination elsewhere in Westchester the next day after shopping at the Macy's down the street from the hotel. The hotel is nicely decorated-hip lobby, clean, attractive exterior. The room was very quiet, spacious, and deliciously comfortable bed (which I may purchase because we need a new mattress!). There is one large space for living room and kitchen and then a separate bedroom and separate bathroom. We would definitely stay here again.

And a note about White Plains-I lived in NYC years ago and I do not remember White Plains being special. It is now. Lovely downtown and pretty residential buildings all around. Lots of shopping at the Westchester Mall and also freestanding Macy's. We are from Atlanta, where there is little walking around, not much going on downtown-so we were impressed. Even though we had planned to go into the city on our trip-we found White Plains to be a good destination in itself!

Room Tip: Our room was on 12th floor. Not sure if there is a difference, but we liked our location