Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown(White Plains)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Restaurant
$259
  • Restaurant
HYATT house White Plains(White Plains)
$181
$138
$159
$140
Esplanade Hotel(White Plains)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
All reviewstrain stationfront deskparking garagewaffle makerlarge living areawalking distanceseparate bedroomthe bed was extremely comfortableservice orientedrestaurants and shopsfree breakfastconvenient locationnew york citypleasant staythe general managerfull kitchenthe ritz
Reviewed September 26, 2012

While the room was roomy and location good, there were major problems with parking and room furniture.
There was no valet parking. Self parking was $10 per night, and the spots were only on the upper level. The ramp was narrow and the columns concrete. It was amazing that I did not scratch my rental car.
The furniture in the room was rubbed out and flimsy. It should have been replaced already.
I stay at Marriott because I expect a certain level of quality. I was disappointed!!

1  Thank Hschub
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I don't usually write reviews about hotels unless I am dissatisfied with something about it. This review is quite the contrary, I was extremely happy with my stay at the Residence Inn in White Plains. I visited with my family and my first concern was the room size, which wasn't an issue at all at this hotel. The next concern that I thought that I would have is that my children tend to sleep a little later than usual and I thought that I wouldn't be able to get breakfast with them in the morning. This Residence had extended breakfast hours, they stayed open later than other Marriott's that we have stayed at. Overall the staff was all very pleasant and helped us with any request we had. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to visit the White Plains or Metro NYC area.

3  Thank Matthew H
Michele H, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Jerry B

Thank you so much for the positive feedback of your most recent stay with us. It is comforting to know we were able to meet all your needs. Our goal is to make sure all guests leave with a positive feeling that their stay was warm and comfortable. It is apparent we have reached our goal, and I would like to thank you again for sharing your experience.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to serving you in the near future!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a really nice hotel with a major problem. It is a recent one that we happened to come across as it started on the weekend that we arrived - The Residence Inn changed from valet to self-parking. The good news about this hotel is that the rooms are really spacious, clean, and well appointed. We were very impressed with the living space, the complete kitchen, the two TV's, and the furnishings. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were spotless. I am also a fan of windows you can open in hotels as the air can get stale quickly and it was not the case here. We were on a high floor as requested, with plenty of light from the windows. Everything was positive. The lobby is also very nice with a few different seating areas and was very comfortable. This hotel is also a gem in terms of its location. Within a few very short blocks are many different kinds of restaurants, a mall, Barnes and Noble, Starbucks, a great bagel place, etc. Everything was great except - The Garage. And the problems here are so numerous it really put a "dent" in our stay. Valet parking used to be 18 dollars but was ending on the day we arrived. So we parked ourselves ( for 10 dollars a night) except that we had to go to the top floor, ( there are 7 or 8 levels) and there is no elevator! And we couldn't take the steps all the way down! So, we walked down and part of the way had to be on ramps. The next day we had to go to a wedding and we got the car ahead of time and brought it to a lower level. When we returned late at night, there were no spaces available so we had to go to a higher level and walk down the ramps,( now remember we went to a wedding and I was in high heels) and then out the side of the building and around to the front. Making this experience even more rediculous is that the garage is as old as the hills and was built with concrete columns separating the parking spaces. To make this even worse, the driving lanes are very narrow. So, you guessed it, we crunched the fender on one of the columns as we tried to park. No wonder there used to be valet parking. Unless you were professional, you would have a pretty tough time negotiating this relic of a facility. The front desk staff was amazing. Dawn and Esmeralda did all they could to give us ways of personally helping us out should we return. They took off the parking fee for the nights we were there and did all they could to make things right. So my point is that Marriott should not be putting this excellent staff in this position. Bring back the valet service and charge less, or restructure the darn garage. No staff person should ever be asked to deal with an unfixable situation. Where are you senior management? Certainly not in your garage. Why not go there late on a Saturday evening in dress clothes with an elderly person and a nice new mid size car and see if you like it.

4  Thank Angel54046
Michele H, General Manager at Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear angel54046,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the room accomodations, and the staff was able to assist you as much as they could. I do understand your frustration with the parking gargae. The valet service was temporary due to the garage being under heavy construction. I will make sure to have your comments passed on to senior management. Until then, we do have several spots located out of the garage that is still very convenient to the hotel. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while staying hereregarding the garage. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings, and the information will be passed on immediately.

Thank you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night. Overall first impressions were great. The lobby is very nice with convenient computer work stations for you to use. Reception was terrific, very quick and efficient. We had two rooms but we were at opposite ends of the hall. This wasn't a big deal the hallways are short. Our room was huge and the view was very nice. I can understand why people would choose to stay here for a long stay. The kitchen had very basic utensils but you could definitely prepare a meal here. I was a little disappointed in the room itself. It definitely showed wear and tear. It needs to be repainted in places and some of the corner moulding was loose. I noticed that at the head of the bed the bedskirt hasn't been changed in a long time. There was a lot of dust that had accumulated on it. Housekeeping needs to change the linen more often. The sheets are very stiff but the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was just ok. I found that everything was just luke warm and that they were not very quick to replenish the items. Overall it was an okay experience. I would go back for the convenience of the location and the ease of getting to.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear ronkarejohns,

Thank you for your appreciated feedback. We love to hear where we have opportunity to grow. I will be look into the various items you mentioned that we have opportunity on. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it is important for us to make sure we are supplying our guests with the best. Recently, we have enhanced our baked gpods provided from a local bakery, baked fresh daily, and delivered directly to us. So far we have heard wonderful feedback of these items! As for some dust, and other various cleanliness items, these items have been addressed, and I do apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We do hope you choose our hotel for your next visit to the White Plains area.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I recently had a guys night planned. Usually I like staying in high end hotels. (Yes I'm a hotel snob. lol) So normally I would have probably tried the Ritz which recently opened in White Plains. But my buddy had suggested that we all stay at the Residence Inn. Since it was more convenient to meet at the same place, I opted to stay at the Residence Inn as recommended by my buddy.

Honestly I wasn't expecting much and didn't really care since it was only for one night. But when I walked into the lobby I was very impressed. It looks like the hotel was recently updated. The lobby looked like one you would find in a high end hotel. But a nice lobby doesn't always mean nice rooms.

Well I was wrong again. My room (1601) was also updated and huge! As if that wasn't enough I had a panoramic view of White Plains City. I could have literally had a party in that room. Next time I plan to hang out in White Plains, I'll definitely stay here. It's still close to all the shops, food and night life. But it's a lot more affordable.

That all said, there are a few minor cons to this hotel. One is that you may have to walk a bit to get to some of the action but it's probably less than 10 minutes. Two, check out seems to be extremely early. I got a knock from the made at 9ish AM informing that it was check out time. Not a great way to wake up. lol I was under the impression I had until noon. So be sure to confirm your check out time. None of this is a real deal breaker. But it's worth noting.

Room Tip: Room 1601 had a great view and was huge!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you Eddy S for sharing your experience! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is comforting to know that we were able to surprise you with our large rooms, and great views. One of the great selling festures of the property. I will investigate further of the early check out time, as we have a noon check out, and if needed late check outs can be requested. We do hope we see you in the near future when visiting White Plains, NY. Thank you again for sharing your experience! it is always greatly appreciated.