“No Shuttle to Metro??”

Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in White Plains
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am staying here as part of a conferenced and really enjoyed most of my stay. the room is very nice and surprisingly quiet given that I am right by the elevator. I will say that the bathroom is a little dim in the shower area. The television cuts out every now and then. you pay for wireless offer day offer device, which I think is important to know upfront. the staff was really friendly, especially the servers we had during our lunches and dinner.

but why do you advertise a shuttle to the metro station and then when I call to ask about it, you tell me it only goes to the airport. now I have to rearrange my plans. so unhelpful and misleading. you should stop advertising it now

Room Tip: there are huge pillows on the bed, but they aren't the best for sleeping
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Kara T:

On behalf of all our associates, we wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit.

Certainly we're very pleased to learn that you found the room very nice and quiet, and that our servers for your lunches and dinners were especially friendly!

Regarding our shuttle services, we remain Westchester County's only hotel to run to / from the major corporate parks in / around White Plains as well as a shuttle that runs every half-hour to the County Airport. All these are complimentary to hotel guests. We previously had a "local" shuttle; however that free service was discontinued in early September. We thought we had removed any mention on the dozens of websites that re-sell hotel rooms, so we'll have to check to ensure they have removed that service (we do not control all of their content, so at times we have to remind them to make changes).

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and thank you also for your business.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

At first sight, the white plains crowne plaza looks like it could use a refresh. However, once you have settled in, you will find that everything is meticulously taken care of. Sure, some of the materials and interior design might not be of the global design elite kind, but it is a solid hotel.

Surprisingly, it even has a decent pool and fitness center. For the avid runners, I can reccommend running the gronds of new york presbitarian hospital which is located around the corner.

Breakfast is ok, but in my mind could really use soe better whole grain bread. Just a bit of toast and bagles seems limited. But there is fresh fruit and someone to bake your eggs as you like them.

Rooms are surprisingly roomy. It is very unfortunate that the windows only open abut 15 cm wide, but good that they open at all.

My only real point of improvement towards management would be to look into the smells. It seems that the airconditioning might be a bit outdated, and a stange smell hangs in hallways and rooms.

I would stay here againf if in white plains on business.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick S

Dear Patrick S:

Many thanks for taking the time to review our services and facilities.

We're pleased you found the guest rooms roomy and meticulously taken care of.

We have not had comments from other guests regarding the "smell", so we have asked our engineering team to check the ventilation units on your floor to ensure they are fresh and operating efficiently.

Thank you for your business and for the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Third time we have stayed here while visiting relatives in White Plains. Hotel is adjacent to Westchester mall with good chain restaurants nearby (Morton's, Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Chang). Hotel seems remodeled in last year with bright new carpeting throughout, new furnishings in room etc. The garage is still being remodeled. Has the feel of a business man's hotel. The weekend we were there, coincided with the annual conference of the New York State Elks which was held in the hotel. Rooms run to $190+ rack rate with $12 per day parking, all of which is a substantial increase from last time I was there. Breakfast buffet and internet are extra (I've never understood why higher end hotels charge for this while lower end hotels include it in the standard rate). Anyway, good solid choice in White Plains, New York.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Annandale,Va.
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Annandale, VA.:

On behalf of all our associates, we gratefully acknowledge and thank you for writing a review.

We're delighted you found our location and facilities a good solid choice.

We certainly hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and seems to have the market for White Plains. There wasn't anything particularly special about it, a fairly basic hotel but more expensive. I didn't drive but remember there is an additional parking fee.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank penren

Dear penren:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I only stayed one night on business but the hotel was well run. The rooms were nicely decorated and the bathrooms looked freshly decorated. All the meals we had were buffet style and delicious. It is also centrally located near the mall and close to the train station.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear MEBesq:

We just wanted to acknowledge the time you've taken to write a review...thank you very much!

We're very pleased you found the facility well run and the rooms nicely decorated.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I attended a two-day course that was booked in the Crown Plaza Hotel on September 17 & 18 with a business associate. This was the first time that I stayed in this hotel chain. My business associate and I drove up to White Plains from New York City. My two-day stay was remarkable. I felt like i had been there at least a week. The hotel staff were super friendly and courteous. I loved our room as well as the room amenities that included a mini refrigerator. The dresser drawers were very deep. I loved the room decorations and its cleanliness. I looked at every picture on the wall. There was even a hanging wall mirror that informed my business associate is I shown in a commercial for Home Goods and I got my wish when the commercial came on television. I had a great time. I got a chance to rest and feel relaxed. The bed was very comfortable and had a lot of pillows. This hotel was well kept and clean. Although no one person stood out, the staff was very friendly, helpful, and courteous. My two-day stay became a life long memory. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tina R:

We gratefully acknoweldge and thank you for taking the time to write a review. And what a nice review...thank you very much. We're so pleased you were comfortable and had a great time.

We do pride ourselves on cleanliness and a great group of people, and I know they'll be delighted to read of your experiences.

We're glad too that you enjoyed the mini-refrigerator in your room...unlike most area hotels, we have them in every room.

We sure hope to welcome you back again as our guest. Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staff friendly and very helpful. Rooms comfortable. Restaurants closeby adjacent to the mall. If you have a tall vehicle you may not fit in the parking garage. I had a carrier on top of my vehicle and could not enter, had to park across the street in another parking garage. They were very helpful there, too!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear HollyK443:

We are delighted you took the time to write a review...thank you! We agree our location is pretty much the best in White Plains for access to dining, shopping and everything else!

We really appreciate too that you found our associates friendly and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!