“Nothing special”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
COLUMBUS
“Nothing special”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and seems to have the market for White Plains. There wasn't anything particularly special about it, a fairly basic hotel but more expensive. I didn't drive but remember there is an additional parking fee.

1 Thank penren
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear penren:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Scott de Savoye ~ General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I only stayed one night on business but the hotel was well run. The rooms were nicely decorated and the bathrooms looked freshly decorated. All the meals we had were buffet style and delicious. It is also centrally located near the mall and close to the train station.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear MEBesq:

We just wanted to acknowledge the time you've taken to write a review...thank you very much!

We're very pleased you found the facility well run and the rooms nicely decorated.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Bronx, New York
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I attended a two-day course that was booked in the Crown Plaza Hotel on September 17 & 18 with a business associate. This was the first time that I stayed in this hotel chain. My business associate and I drove up to White Plains from New York City. My two-day stay was remarkable. I felt like i had been there at least a week. The hotel staff were super friendly and courteous. I loved our room as well as the room amenities that included a mini refrigerator. The dresser drawers were very deep. I loved the room decorations and its cleanliness. I looked at every picture on the wall. There was even a hanging wall mirror that informed my business associate is I shown in a commercial for Home Goods and I got my wish when the commercial came on television. I had a great time. I got a chance to rest and feel relaxed. The bed was very comfortable and had a lot of pillows. This hotel was well kept and clean. Although no one person stood out, the staff was very friendly, helpful, and courteous. My two-day stay became a life long memory. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tina R:

We gratefully acknoweldge and thank you for taking the time to write a review. And what a nice review...thank you very much. We're so pleased you were comfortable and had a great time.

We do pride ourselves on cleanliness and a great group of people, and I know they'll be delighted to read of your experiences.

We're glad too that you enjoyed the mini-refrigerator in your room...unlike most area hotels, we have them in every room.

We sure hope to welcome you back again as our guest. Thank you very much for your business.

Danville, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Staff friendly and very helpful. Rooms comfortable. Restaurants closeby adjacent to the mall. If you have a tall vehicle you may not fit in the parking garage. I had a carrier on top of my vehicle and could not enter, had to park across the street in another parking garage. They were very helpful there, too!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear HollyK443:

We are delighted you took the time to write a review...thank you! We agree our location is pretty much the best in White Plains for access to dining, shopping and everything else!

We really appreciate too that you found our associates friendly and helpful.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

NYC
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Considering how pricey White Plains can be, finding a hotel of this quality for under $160 for the night, complete, was a steal.
Well appointed, comfortable, very clean, and reasonable overnight parking charges considering this is White Plains ($12 self/ $18 Valet). The room was a basic non-smoking king and came with a 42" flat screen, marble counters, 4 king size down pillows, a comfy chair and ottoman to relax, a full size desk with chair. We ordered breakfast in our room and it was tasty, arrived hot and fresh, and was reasonably priced considering it was room service. My only qualm was that, since there was no table in the room to eat on, room service should have brought a cart or brought two trays to "eat in bed". That being said, my wife and I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Not enough information to recommend a particular room. I stayed on the second floor, Room 235. It wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear SARossini:

On behalf of all our associates, we very much appreciate the time you've taken to write a review. Many thanks!

Of course we're very pleased you found our rooms well appointed, clean, comfortable and of great value.

We will pass along your comments to our in-room dining team who I know appreciate the feedback.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Abigail at the front desk was awesome !!! She took care of a serious billing issue for me and my flight crew. I will be returning to this location whenever I am in the New York metropolitan area. Great amenities, location, with access to numerous dining options, mall, and awesome local night life. The staff is always friendly and will go the extra mile to ensure that your experience is a positive one. Awesome.

• Stayed August 2013
CPWPD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear FredPollino:

In a time where complaints come easily and compliments are few, we are very grateful for your review...many thanks!

We agree that our guest services team - including of course Abigail - is awesome. We're very proud of our associates, and we are happy that you find our location and amenities great.

We value your business and thank you for your continued patronage.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I attended a family wedding, and this was the hotel they chose. I had trouble making the reservation. They had a $119 special rate for those attending the wedding, available on the couple's web site or by phoning the hotel. Yet, the web site said it was $149. So I phoned the hotel. They said it was $149, which was wrong. This was a Jewish wedding on a Sunday night, with a Saturday night rehearsal dinner, so I wanted to arrive on Friday, and stay 3 nights. So I asked the lady on the phone at the hotel, after she said it was $149, what about 1 night? And she said I could have 1 night, Friday night, at $119, so I said okay. Then she said she could do it for 2 nights at $119. Then, I went on-line at the couple's web site and was able to make a reservation for 1 night at $119, so now I had 3 nights at $119, with no problem when I checked in. They changed it then to 1 reservation for 3 nights at $119 each night. There were 2 small problems with the room. We wanted to keep some fruit cold in the refrigerator, which was not working. It was unplugged, we finally figured out, and it was quite dark there and couldn't manage to plug it in. The cold water faucet in the bathroom sink was leaking. Both of these should have been discovered by the staff who clean the rooms. I usually report problems to management, but I did not do so until I was checking out. Then a really bad problem occurred. It was Sunday, the day of the wedding which was at 6:30 pm, and we were going to go to Brooklyn during the day to visit a relative, and then to the Bronx for the wedding. When we were ready to change our clothes and get going, the staff was cleaning our room (this was early in the afternoon). We said "how soon until you are done?" They said "15 minutes". We came back in 15 minutes, the bed was made, the bathroom was untouched, and we said we need the room now. We changed our clothes, and left. When we got back to our room at about 1 am, they had never returned to clean the bathroom. This was wrong for what is supposed to be an upscale hotel. The building was very nice. The room was very nice and was large and nicely decorated. There is a problem with their staff, the reservation lady, and the cleaning lady. When I checked out and very politely complained about the problems (I did not mention the reservation difficulty), they reduced my bill, charging me just for 2 nights, which I felt was very nice of them. I had one meal in their restaurant which was good, a little on the expensive side. I don't think anyone would eat there unless they were staying in the hotel. The only wedding meal there was breakfast the last morning. There are many restaurants nearby. They have a swimming pool, which I did not use. My room was quiet. Their problems could be fixed with better management.

Dear Emily H:

We really appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and the in-depth level in which you wrote your review...thank you!

We'll need to look into the reservation challenges you experienced; every price at our web site or a link we've given to a group should match precisely.

As for the housekeeping issues, not having returned to service your bathroom is unacceptable and this was clearly an oversight on our part. For that and the leaky faucet, please accept our apologies for the obvious inconvenience this caused.

We are pleased that we were able to make things right, and that in general you found our rooms and food met your expectations.

We appreciate your business and will follow up on the issues you've raised.

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Plains
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown? Share your experiences!