This is about my 8th stay within the last year at this hotel and I always enjoy my stay.
The lobby is very small and intimate and gleams with beautiful marble. The lobby lounge is a nice place to unwind, have a cocktail or a small bite to each. The breakfast there is always enjoyable.
Rooms are quite luxurious and offer many of the amenities one would come to expect in such a luxury hotel. Coffee makers w/coffee & tea, DVD players, mini bar, Ritz Carlton magazines, luxurious marble bathroom with separate shower stall and tub, dual sinks, separate water closet. Note, the hotel recently removed the electronic function to drapes and are now opened/closed manually. I am a huge fan of the electronic drapes but many times, the system they had didn't function properly. I also noticed that the speakers in the bathroom ( you can listen to the TV while in bathroom) weren't working. Not sure if this feature is no longer offered.
The gym is pretty comprehensive and the SPA is very nice. Only improvement would be for the SPA to offer additional amenities in the locker rooms such as tooth brush/shaving kits/laundry bags. They will provide these items but you must ask.
On my most recent visit the hotel definitely stepped up to the plate and lived up to Ritz Carlton standards. Over the last few months Ritz Carlton stopped offering Bvlgari amenities, being a frequent guest at this hotel, the staff knows how much I enjoy those products. When I got up to my room, I noticed a few bottles of Bvlgari in the bathroom. Remembering guest preferences is so important and they delivered. It was also nice to get upgraded to a larger room. The layout and view were perfect. All employees were very friendly & professional.
Special recognition should definitely be given to Gary the doorman & bell service. Not only does he do his job well but he has the perfect personality and he's one of the only employees that's been at the hotel since my first visit. I really can't find any major faults. The only improvement I would suggest is including
a scale in the bathroom
shaving/dental kits in suites
bring back the Bvlgari products to instill the RC luxury brand
bring back the house car-there's no excuse for not having this
I can't wait to return. Oh and while the hotel warmly welcomes children, please leave them at home. We adults go here for a quiet and relaxing getaway and it's not fair to have the disturbance of little ones all over the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester, the premier hotel in Westchester County, just minutes from Scarsdale, Bronxville and Rye. A mere 20 minutes to Greenwich, CT and only 31 miles to midtown Manhattan, this modern and sophisticated luxury hotel offers business travelers, couples and families a convenient location paired with an unforgettable experience. The hotel features exceptional amenities, beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, full service Salon and Spa, 24-hour fitness center and a heated indoor rooftop pool with sauna and steam room. Enjoy two on-site dining options in either the Lounge or at BLT Steak to complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel White Plains
- Ritz Carlton White Plains
- Ritz White Plains
- White Plains Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester White Plains, Westchester County, NY