My first, fleeting, visit to White Plains and it was strictly business so I cannot comment on the bar, restuarant or spa.
Flying in transactlantic, two nights business and back out again is not the sort of schedule you want to have extra hassle to handle and for the moment I pulled up until I left everything ran smoothly. When the biggest hiccup you have cope with is having to ask for a spoon to eat your muesli with, then you know you have professionals looking after you. All staff, friendly and professional
Rooms very comfortable, bathrooms huge and well equiped. Room service menu limited but better than most hotels in arriving still piping hot (I had work to finish off on arrival as I try to avoid room service). Everything spotless and well looked after, all I noticed was some redundant drill holes in the bathroom wall where they obviously had misjudged things in fixing one of the fittings.
Breakfast was a little relaxed time wise (I would recommend saying if you are in a hurry) but small scale and human, and as a result a nice start to the day if you build a little time into your schedule to enjoy it.
Criticisms? Well, I get slightly irritated to have to pay for Wi-Fi access nowadays. Also the shared lobby with the residential appartments can make for a confusing choice of lifts if you are not concentrating (hotel, residentences and parking garages are all served by different lifts) and personally I would like an hotel facilities guide in the room somewhere (although I accept I am probably old fashioned and it is probably all online via the TV if I could have figured it out) but apart from that I can think of nothing.
At least for our corporate rate of $249 ex-tax, I thought it was pretty decent value. Not sure I would wish to pay the walk up $320 but cost is only what you pay, value is what you get and this place looks like it will deliver that every time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester, the premier hotel in Westchester County, just minutes from Scarsdale, Bronxville and Rye. A mere 20 minutes to Greenwich, Connecticut and only 31 miles to midtown Manhattan, this modern and sophisticated luxury hotel offers business travelers, couples and families a convenient location paired with an unforgettable experience. The hotel features exceptional amenities, beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, full service Salon and Spa, 24-hour fitness center and a heated indoor rooftop pool with sauna and steam room. Enjoy two on-site dining options in either the Lounge or at BLT Steak to complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel White Plains
- Ritz Carlton White Plains
- Ritz White Plains
- White Plains Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester White Plains, Westchester County, NY