“Enjoyed it. Service outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Concord Carlisle
“Enjoyed it. Service outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for my cousins wedding. The Rooms were nice. The service was tremendous. The Bat was great place to throw back a few and watch the game. It's a big property but not too bad. Everyone at the hotel was awesome. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank MaddNHLSkillz99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Washington D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

The Ritz has become synonymous with luxury and decadence. This Ritz is certainly no exception. And, as I may be biased as I spent my wedding night here, this place rightfully deserves a 5 star rating for the absolutely amazing attention to detail, service, and food.

A couple of noteworthy memories that make the Ritz Westchester so memorable:

-We checked in, very late, after arriving from our wedding reception (in Westport, CT). As is typical for brides and grooms, we were STARVING as we spent the whole night socializing and dancing, instead of, you know, eating anything. Despite the fact that the kitchen was closed, the Ritz staff had no trouble whipping up our desired dishes (yup, after skipping our wedding filet mignon, we ordered grilled cheese and fries...).

-My husband had booked the honeymoon package, so we got fantastic bubbly, fine chocolates, and ginormous chocolate covered strawberries.

-After accidentally breaking one of the champagne glasses in the bathroom, my husband called the front desk to apologize. Not only did they deem it "no problem at all," but of course we didn't have to pay for a replacement. And they sent a new one up for us stat.

-Breakfast is not cheap, but so, so good. Great choices ranging from cholesterol indulgent to uber healthy fruits and yoghurts.

Thanks, Ritz staff, for a memorable stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Juliet A
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

FIrst off I'd like to say we chose this hotel because we love the Ritz but don't always have the funds to pay for the it. They had a wonderful weekend rate and a $50 credit for the Hotel.

It is centrally located within walking distance to everything. Serafinas', BLT,Sofrito's also the restaurant on the 42nd floor(did not visit) but also Mortons is a short drive. I also loved the fact that there was so much shopping in one spot. Right across the street is a decent mall but also there is the exclusive shops within walking distance or a short drive. The movie theatre is across the street.

The customer service was great. I receive a phone call the day before and asked what was our stay for and if I needed anything.I asked for some champagne flutes and ice and when we got to our room they were there along with a lovely surprise of chocolate covered strawberries. They were great. The pool and gym was quiet for the most part but it is shared with the residents of the Ritz Apartments, so be prepared to see children in the pool.

THe only complaint I have is the food at the ritz. We ordered dessert and it was horrible. Also ordered room service coffee and that was terrible also. But the service outweight that part. If you want anything to eat...dont have it there...go to all the great eateries that are around the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing high floor. Just be prepared that the highest floor is on 8.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank anjeque
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

So, I went for a girls weekend and the hotel was very reasonable for a Ritz. I believe they must get their higher rates during the week for business people. The rooms are so perfectly laid out. I love love the bathroom. Toilet is in one room. Separate shower from tub. Double vanity, and then a makeup area. So modern. Love the design of the hotel. And it was spotless. We went to the spa. Loved my pedicure. Was very relaxing. Then I went for a very expensive facial. Well, I couldn't believe it but the woman doing the facial talked and talked and talked. All about her personal life. She was very nice, but just not what I had in mind for a relaxing facial. It was very difficult to relax. I should have complained because it was quite expensive and I felt like I was robbed of a real facial. She spoke of such personal things in her life that I was uncomfortable, and I didn't say much. Besides that, the pool was clean, and relaxing. The restaurant BLT was beyond amazing. The breakfast was yummy. We really enjoyed ourselves. It's a great place to go to get the "city" feel without the craziness of NYC, and stay at a very nice hotel that is affordable. The only other thing is that there was a wedding staying there same weekend and there was a very loud gathering in the room next to us at about 2am and continued for an hour or so.

Room Tip: ask for a floor that doesn't have wedding parties
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lovecabo079
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Let me start by saying that I did not stay at the hotel, however I have had numerous interactions with the staff at this property due to our frequent visits to 42 and BLT. Valet is the worst i have ever seen or experienced and on a new years night after the party they could not locate our car for an HOUR. We stood there for an hour waiting for a car to show up and NO ONE taking an interest in the fact that its 2 am New Years day now and snowing. My husband literally had to locate an MOD and yell at them for someone to at least tell us that they were looking for our car. Same issue on a regular Saturday for dinner another 30 min of wait time. I find the desk staff to be incredibly unfriendly - by comparison most other 5 star hotels would greet you and open doors for you regardless of you staying at the hotel or simply using their restaurants. Sad for the Ritz.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Calvin_Anna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel feels nice and clean. The rooms were roomy and the bathrooms luxurious. The staff took an interest in our family and were always courteous. I find the breakfast in the lobby a bit curious, but it seems the attached restaurants are not owned by the hotel. Very pleasant and high qualty finishes.

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I love this hotel and the management. We had an issue with a guest next door (i.e.. being woken up at 3:30 in the morning to a party next door...just lovely and beyond your wildest dreams for a hotel of this quality) and they handled the issue as well as to be expected at this time of night and were more than accommodating the rest of the stay. This brand is going to give Four Seasons a run for their money. The rooms are lovely, immaculate and staff very nice. Would stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
#5 of 8 in White Plains
HYATT house White Plains
HYATT house White Plains
#4 of 8 in White Plains

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester? Share your experiences!