“BEST DEAL FOR A RITZ........” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester

The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Providence, Rhode Island
“BEST DEAL FOR A RITZ........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

So, I went for a girls weekend and the hotel was very reasonable for a Ritz. I believe they must get their higher rates during the week for business people. The rooms are so perfectly laid out. I love love the bathroom. Toilet is in one room. Separate shower from tub. Double vanity, and then a makeup area. So modern. Love the design of the hotel. And it was spotless. We went to the spa. Loved my pedicure. Was very relaxing. Then I went for a very expensive facial. Well, I couldn't believe it but the woman doing the facial talked and talked and talked. All about her personal life. She was very nice, but just not what I had in mind for a relaxing facial. It was very difficult to relax. I should have complained because it was quite expensive and I felt like I was robbed of a real facial. She spoke of such personal things in her life that I was uncomfortable, and I didn't say much. Besides that, the pool was clean, and relaxing. The restaurant BLT was beyond amazing. The breakfast was yummy. We really enjoyed ourselves. It's a great place to go to get the "city" feel without the craziness of NYC, and stay at a very nice hotel that is affordable. The only other thing is that there was a wedding staying there same weekend and there was a very loud gathering in the room next to us at about 2am and continued for an hour or so.

Room Tip: ask for a floor that doesn't have wedding parties
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lovecabo079

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Let me start by saying that I did not stay at the hotel, however I have had numerous interactions with the staff at this property due to our frequent visits to 42 and BLT. Valet is the worst i have ever seen or experienced and on a new years night after the party they could not locate our car for an HOUR. We stood there for an hour waiting for a car to show up and NO ONE taking an interest in the fact that its 2 am New Years day now and snowing. My husband literally had to locate an MOD and yell at them for someone to at least tell us that they were looking for our car. Same issue on a regular Saturday for dinner another 30 min of wait time. I find the desk staff to be incredibly unfriendly - by comparison most other 5 star hotels would greet you and open doors for you regardless of you staying at the hotel or simply using their restaurants. Sad for the Ritz.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Calvin_Anna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel feels nice and clean. The rooms were roomy and the bathrooms luxurious. The staff took an interest in our family and were always courteous. I find the breakfast in the lobby a bit curious, but it seems the attached restaurants are not owned by the hotel. Very pleasant and high qualty finishes.

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I love this hotel and the management. We had an issue with a guest next door (i.e.. being woken up at 3:30 in the morning to a party next door...just lovely and beyond your wildest dreams for a hotel of this quality) and they handled the issue as well as to be expected at this time of night and were more than accommodating the rest of the stay. This brand is going to give Four Seasons a run for their money. The rooms are lovely, immaculate and staff very nice. Would stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hungrymungry22
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Very nice hotel. Lobby is not as impressive as other Ritz properties but the rooms make up for it. The lobby is small and the lounge is not inspired, a bar would make it seem more elegant and a place to hang out for a few minutes. The rooms are well decorated and the bathroom was huge in the deluxe room. The views are of the local area, so not too much to see but the large windows make for a bright room. The service was for the most part what I expected, but not exceptional. At breakfast which was included in our room rate we asked about what came with the full American plan, the server responded that some rooms receive a $20 credit and others a $40 credit but she wasn’t sure what we would receive. We decided to chance it and order as though we were entitled to the $40 credit. The bill came to about $60 so neither credit amount would have covered the charges. If breakfast is included than either cover the bill or be more explicit about the amount of the credit. At checkout the breakfast credit was not immediately deducted, we had to ask for it after being presented with the final bill. It wasn’t a problem to get it applied to the account but we shouldn’t have to ask. Pool was a tad cold and on the first day it seemed as though no one from the hotel had cleaned up the pool area that day as many towels were left on chairs. The doormen and valets addressed us by name each time we came and went, a nice touch.

Room Tip: ask for a deluxe room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ketelup4olives
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a gem. It may be outside Manhattan - but it should not be outside of consideration. My girlfriend and I booked a week here as basecamp for my post eye surgery recovery period. Going in, the thought was it would be a comfortable locale for me and a serviceable commute distance to Manhattan. Both thoughts were validated to the extreme. My girlfriend managed an extremely productive and long week working in the Flatiron district whilst I was treated to a veritable vacation despite dealing with the post-surgical trauma of a vitrectomy. The staff - from valet to front desk, lounge restaurant to house keeping, concierge to managers - were all professional, efficient, friendly, and effusive in making one feel welcome and comfortable.

Beyond the staff the physical property itself is immaculate, smartly appointed creating an environment of comfortable elegance.

I can best sum up by saying that the staff of the Ritz-Carlton Westchester somehow succeeded in making my recovery week truly memorable and thoroughly enjoyable. Not a small feat in my book.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel. BLT is delicious, you've got to try their pop-overs. The rooms are so spacious with huge bathrooms and some of my favorite showers of any hotel. I will stay here every time I'm in westchester.

Stayed April 2012
#5 of 8 in White Plains
HYATT house White Plains
HYATT house White Plains
#4 of 8 in White Plains

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester? Share your experiences!