Stayed at the Ritz overnight on a business trip. The room was awesome and looked brand new. Large bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. Comfortable bed and the wood work and trim added a nice touch. There was also a nice desk and work area in the room. Lots of nice touches for the business traveler.
There are two restaurants attached to the hotel and the main floor has an open area with a fireplace where you can grab a drink or something to eat as well. 42 (one of the restaurants) is either on top or near the top of the adjoining residence tower to the hotel but you can access it directly from the hotel. Great views and a good place to grab a beer or cocktail. BLT steak house is also attached to the hotel.
You can tell the hotel is oriented towards business travels and the desk clerk told me that 90% of the people staying there are traveling on business. There is a meeting center on the second floor with several conference rooms as well. Lastly there is a nice work out room and indoor pool on the top floor (10th) of the hotel. Very nice, clean and very modern.
It's a Ritz and acts like one. Good service and great facility. My only complaint is the heating and air has a motion detector tied to it and twice I woke up as the room got warm and I had to get up and reset it. I prefer to leave the fan on at night to deaden noise when I travel and the motion detector set up prevented this. I get energy conversation but this is a Ritz and you pay for it. At least let me run my fan all night and keep the room cool. That being said, it's a great hotel and worth five stars in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester, the premier hotel in Westchester County, just minutes from Scarsdale, Bronxville and Rye. A mere 20 minutes to Greenwich, CT and only 31 miles to midtown Manhattan, this modern and sophisticated luxury hotel offers business travelers, couples and families a convenient location paired with an unforgettable experience. The hotel features exceptional amenities, beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, full service Salon and Spa, 24-hour fitness center and a heated indoor rooftop pool with sauna and steam room. Enjoy two on-site dining options in either the Lounge or at BLT Steak to complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Westchester Hotel White Plains
- Ritz Carlton White Plains
- Ritz White Plains
- White Plains Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester White Plains, Westchester County, NY