“Good local Italian restaurant”

Abatino's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #107 of 262 Restaurants in White Plains
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Abatino's Pizza & Pasta features fresh, homemade, classic Italian fare in the culinary tradition of the Pisani family. We've been family owned and operated since 1985! We believe family comes first, and nothing brings family together more than a delicious, homemade meal. Owners Ralph and Jackie Pisani, husband-and-wife team, have worked hard to maintain a family dining experience that Ralph and his mother, Elisabetta, created when the restaurant first opened in 1985. Every bit of their effort over the years shows. As soon as you walk in the door, you'll be greeted by one of the dedicated wait staff with a friendly smile that will make you feel like you're part of the family. At Abatino's Pizza & Pasta, we believe that what you start with is what you end up with. In other words, the better the individual ingredients, the better the dish. That's why we use only fresh, high-quality ingredients. We even make our own own light, fluffy mozzarella in house from fresh curd. Come try one of our many award-winning pizzas or taste the authentic Italian flavors of our Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccini alla Gorgonzola, and much more. We can definitely taste the difference, and we think you will too. Buon Appetito!
White Plains, New York
“Good local Italian restaurant”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Conveniently located in Stop n Shop shopping center this Italian restaurant can be counted on for good food, serving healthy portions by a friendly staff. It gets crowded so go early. The prices are not cheap but fair for what you get. The ambiance is much nicer that the name "pizza and pasta" may infer. It is a more like a trattoria and the prices reflect it. No pizza slices here. You will meet up with families but it is a nice date or couples dinner spot. Parking is far more convenient here than trying to park and having to pay in downtown White Plains and the food is just as good as the far higher priced restaurants there. So unless you are just trying to impress....head to Abatino's for a very good meal at a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2012

Chachoengsao Province, Thailand
“Abatino’s… bring taste buds and ear plugs.”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The food is wonderful! We went to Abatino’s to celebrate a family member birthday. I have been here more then once and most likely will go back again, but I will not go at 7pm on a Friday. The reason I give it the rating of “poor” for atmosphere is because, the sound / noise level was ridiculous and not for the first time.

I am not an audio engineer, but it seems to me if they had something besides hard, flat walls for the sounds to reverberate against, the cacophony conversations that surrounded our tiny four-person table, our dining experience would have been very pleasant. The food was great, the bread fresh, wine very nice, service what one would expect on a busy Friday evening. Alas, the only take away I have from this dinner is the room was entirely too loud. It was almost imposable for us to hear one another and the table was small so we weren’t very far from one another. Conversely, I know far too much about our fellow diners, sitting at the adjacent tables.

I think the most telling observation of the night of our dinner at Abatino’s is once the check was paid and we left, walking through the parking lot, the conversation wasn’t about how good the food was, nor the usual well wishes for the guest of honor, it was a about how obtrusive the other conversations were in Abatino’s.

As I said, I will eat there again, but I think I might just get take out instead.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Highlander64
Dallas, Texas
“Eggplant Rollatini was exceptional!”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I agree with most eveything that previous poster/Johnny had to say about Abatino's.

Very short wait to be seated. Abatino's has a nice family atmosphere and close tables!

The service was very good for a busy Saturday night. Food was good, prices are comparable to Westchester County.

Son ordered Vodka Chicken (which he had never had before) It's his new favorite.
I ordered Veal Parmagiana. It was good (large portion) but not the best I've had. Salad was fresh and tasty. Bread very good. Pizza's are good size and made with fresh ingredients.

When in the area again, we will stop at Abatino's for a satisfying Italian meal!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank CtYankee51
Westchester County
“Solid shopping center Italian”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

They say never shop on an empty stomach and Abatino's is here to help, located as it is in the same strip mall as the Stop N Shop supermarket. The proximity doesn't make for wonderful views seated indoors or out but there is plenty of free parking and it is not difficult to get to. Inside the tastefully decorated large dining room is partitioned from an initial small bar area which offers better nosh than your standard pub. Seats are close enough together, particularly when it is busy, that you will get to know your fellow diners while apologizing for elbowing them after your second Chianti. The decent house wines go well with solid menu of old Italian favorites include served in reasonable proportions. Prices are high (anything beyond standard spaghetti and meatballs starts at $16.50) but not overly so relative to Westchester County standards. In short, a highly representative example of Westchester dining.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank thewestchestarian
“It was better than I expected”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I didnt expect much and it wasn't bad. We ate outside and the service was pretty good. The food was good, not great. It was ok for friday night pizza.