Tripadvisor

OR
Order Online
Ranked #208 of 343 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in White Plains, NY is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The manager Frank was rude and unhelpful (the bartender was however lovely); My wife and I went to our local TGI Fridays this evening with the intention of using a few of the points I've accumulated on our frequent visits. I ordered a cheeseburger and my wife ordered the chicken sandwich; the bartender advised that the cheeseburger was on special for $5. When the check came, I gave the bartender my phone in order to use one of my 80-point rewards for the chicken sandwich. The manager Frank came and told us that because the cheeseburger was $5 I wasn't able to use my rewards points. I then suggested he split the check so that I could use my points for the chicken sandwich and my wife could pay for the burger. He refused. I then suggested he void the $5 cheeseburger and ring in a regular priced one, then I could then just use 2 rewards. He again refused, saying he couldn't cancel anything on a check. Finally, he offered to charge me for the more expensive bacon cheeseburger so that I could use my rewards... Right after he said he couldn’t remove anything from a check. My wife and I have been coming to this location a couple times a month for the past few years. We were able to overlook the decline in food quality and in some cases service, but now I'm being told I cannot use my rewards points that I have earned. A big part of the reason we came to TGI Fridays was the great value. I now know that my points have virtually no value. I don't think I will be coming back to TGI Fridays anymore.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (55)

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

This restaurant is in the heart of White Plains - on my last visit the restsurants was practically empty - this is why I dont understand why service was so slow, food presentation was sub-par, even though our server was nice, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant, for an empty restaurant, it shouldn't take half an hour for your basic burger and fries, this is my second time at this restaurant since it open and nothing has changed, as a White Plains resident, I prefer to visit the Yonkers location, come on White Plains, you could do better

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed July 1, 2019 via mobile

Their Back Ribs are excellent. That is why I return. However, the service is consistently
slow changes in personnel. It must be thé manager!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Had never been to a Fridays before and we were in the shopping Mall and decided to stop for a quick lunch. Sort of dark and after waiting for the receptionist to get off the phone decided to find our own table. Wait staff was personable but everything seemed slow especially as not many were in the restaurant. We did enjoy watching several different TV sets tuned to various sporting events. Kinda fun. We each had a wonderful cheese burger with great fries so the wait was worth it. My guess would be that the place is really a great evening spot with probably a lot of activity.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2018

No one there when we arrived. Seated right away. Drinks and bottles of wine have no prices. Asked server to check bottles of wine prices. Came back to table and then said oh I’ll get that price. $10.99 for a small glass of wine - absurd. The food was okay. The chips were tasty - the dip bland. Mozzarella sticks were good. Ribs were okay, but, not enough sauce. Service very slow. When entrees were brought to table appetizer dishes were not picked up.

Date of visit: November 2018