“Good Food and Friendly Bartender”

Sam's of Gedney Way
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's of Gedney Way is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 261 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pleasant Avenue
Transit: The White Plains Metro North Station (Harlem Line) is a 10 minute taxi ride to the restaurant.
Description: The exceptional quality of food and service and a friendly, comfortable atmosphere have made Sam's a favorite for seven decades. And those continuing goals remain true today.Now, Sam's has a new look for the millennium. Peter and Karen Herrero, natives of White Plains, are your hosts today. They follow the Sam's tradition by providing excellence in food and service, and assuring a special and personable dining experience.
Medford, New Jersey
“Good Food and Friendly Bartender”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for lunch at Sams on a Saturday afternoon. We had not been back to White Plains since we moved 2 years ago and enjoyed going back to Sams for a great meal. We sat at the bar as we did many weekend nights for dinner. Sams serves a great pint from their taps at the right temperature, but should have kept Bass. We shared a Cobb Salad without the eggs and found the greens were very fresh and a very nice lunch selection. We also ordered the pizza which was good although I would have liked crust crispier.

White Plains, New York
“Great Food, Great Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Cozy seating indoors or a lovely pattio . The food is very good . The appetizers make a lovely meal on their own with a soup or salad. The bar is elegant yet very neighborhood like

Visited September 2011
Tuckahoe, New York
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

i was here a month ago with my client trying to close a deal when the manager comes up to us starting a long conversation which i wasnt to happy with , i was trying to come to a classy place to handle my business and this ridiculousness is what i run into . shame . i will be taking my busniess else where. the pasta was dry and i was finished eating my meal before my clients meal came out it was very rude and unproffessional of this place .

• Visited October 2011
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Great of all occaisions...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Great food, excellent service, very reasonable prices. They also have very nice banquet rooms and great menus for all sorts of parties or meetings.

“I went there for dinner and enjoyed a...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I went there for dinner and enjoyed a salad with salmon for my entre, the salmon was perfect! For my dessert I got death by chocolate, which was heavinly! The staff and service were quick and friendly.
I am absolutely going back!