“Best meal we had in White Plains”
Review of Gaucho Grill

Gaucho Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaucho Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 264 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between Main Street and Hamilton Avenue
Transit: Bee-line Bus System stops at North Broadway and Main Street (1 minute walk to restaurant). Only a ten minute walk from the Metro North Railroad Station (White Plains stop available local and express).
Portland, Oregon
“Best meal we had in White Plains”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We got there early and literally had the whole outdoor patio to ourselves. The service was great. Food excellent. Our steak was amazing! We did meet the owners as they have a house in Oregon, where we are from. We really had a great evening. Had a discrepancy on the bill but the owner took care of it right away.

I'm sorry to hear about the last review's story. It doesn't seem right to me either, but I can't imagine that happens very often. The place is very busy and obviously very popular. I would still recommend it to anyone.

Visited October 2013

new york
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thumbs Down!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Don't come to this restaurant if you expect to be treated respectfully when the Knicks are in the house. My wife and I came to Gaucho Grill for the first time on Saturday night. We were seated at a very pleasant table in the outdoor dining area. As we were relaxing and finishing our appetizer, we were informed by our hostess that several members ( 6 to be exact) of the Knicks and Knicks management would be smoking cigars at a nearby table. She was not asking, she was telling. I told her that that would not be acceptable to me (as I can't stand the smell of cigars when I'm trying to eat) and she then disappeared. After the cigars were being lit, I mentioned the situation to our waiter and we were unceremoniously escorted to an indoor table. I was not happy with this outcome and felt my wife and I had not been not treated appropriately. I mentioned this to one of the new servers inside and he told me in a very high handed way that it was perfectly legal to smoke in the outside dining area. I also mentioned this to owner of the restaurant, who offered a half hearted apology but didn't seem to be particularly concerned by my unhappiness with the way the situation had been handled. I can understand that a restuarant may feel pressure to accomodate the requests of celebrity customers, however this should not be done at the expense of other paying customers. By the way, smoking in outdoor restaurant dining areas is a direct violation of Article XX of the Westchester County Sanitary Code, so accomodating this request not only had a very negative impact on my dining experience, but was illegal. As I was literally walking out the door, the owner called out to me that he was going to offer to buy me an after dinner drink. A classic case of too little, way too late. I will not be back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank estebanNewYork
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“If you like meat and Nice restaurants”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Expecting a more simple restaurant I was surprised by the ambiance of this restaurant. And the food is great too. So next time I will go again ($60 pp with starter and drinks)

• Visited September 2013
White Plains, New York
“Been here five times and it's always fantastic”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife and I always love coming to Gaucho Grill. We've also at various times brought friends and family, and they've all been very pleased. Our last visit was for our anniversary in August. I had the Chicken Francaise with a side of creamed spinach. My wife had skirt steak with sweet plantains. We both loved our meals. I always have a side of creamed spinach at Gaucho Grill. It is practically addictive! The service is always excellent. The waiters and waitresses are attentive, friendly, and professional. We never have to wait long for a seat, or for our food to come. The atmosphere is very classy and romantic. Gaucho Grill has definitely become our favorite restaurant in White Plains..

• Visited August 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Steak lover”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were seated at the terrace. Just enjoyed a main course. My wide and daughter had a 'filet mignon' i had a NY strip. Vegetables came with the meat and extra potatowedges, Bread and oliveoil. The filet mignon ( i had a biet) was Great! The NY strip even beter! About 20cm thick it was a huge, juicy and grilled medium-rare als ordered. Nice choice of Wine came with it. I Will remember it als a great treat!

• Visited August 2013