“Day trip”

Hudson Valley Fall Foliage Helicopter Tour
Ranked #1 of 1 Tours in White Plains
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Wings Air, based at Westchester County Airport, offers a wide variety of helicopter services including: Helicopter Charters, Luxury Travel Experiences,Scenic Helicopter Tours over New York and the Hudson Valley, Helicopter Flight School and Introductory Flight Lessons, Aerial Photography / Surveying and Full-Service Aerial Film Production.
Rye, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Day trip”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wings Air took us on an amazing roundtrip jaunt from White Plains to Glenmere Mansion for my wife's birthday. Wings Air's concierge was exceedingly helpful and efficient in setting up reservations for meals and the spa and had the staff at the hotel prepared to receive us with a warm welcome and plenty of attention. Both departures were made to the minute, such that I was able to sign my credit card slip at dinner and step right out to find our helicopter touching down on the front lawn. The pilot and co-pilot were both clearly very experienced, knowledgeable, and professional and were great guys to chat with to boot. An extraordinary experience all around.

Visited August 2013

New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I bought the piloting experience for my 15 yr old son as a birthday present. Scheduling on a weekday morning got him in the queue quickly; if he did it on a weekend, we would've had to book the flight at least 5 months out. Overview took about 25-30 mins and then he was walked out to the aircraft on a gorgeous sunny, windless day. Total air time was about 40 minutes, but of that, my son had about 20 minutes of "stick" time. The doorless, Sikorsky 300 training helicopter made the experience pretty intimate. When he finished up he couldn't have been happier. First words, "Dad, you gotta try that!!!"

Visited July 2013
Tenafly
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unfortunateley worst dissappointment ever”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I received this flying lesson as a Christmas gift from my daughter, needless to say I was thrilled . I set up my lesson in the early Spring , and it was immediately rescheduled for routine maintenance. This happened four consecutive times and they promised this coming Saturday the lesson would actually happen. Well I just received the email once again stating it was canceled. My daughter purchased it through groupon and I contacted them and fortunately they gave her a full refund. They also said they have received numerous complaints recently with similar situations.
I would have purchased additional lessons if I was ever given the opportunity to take a lesson to begin with.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Joe B
WingsAir H, Manager at Wings Air Helicopters, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Joe:
We are very sorry to hear that your experience with Wings Air did not turn out as expected. Over the last 2 months we had very limited availability due to one of our training helicopters getting a new engine. This is a major piece of maintenance work that is mandatory in the interest of our students' and customers' safety. Unfortunately the work is taking longer than expected therefore we had to reschedule several appointments, some of them multiple times. We are doing our best to clear the backlog of intro flight lessons as fast as possible and expect the helicopter to be back in service within a couple of weeks. As a token of good faith we have also offered affected customers the opportunity to upgrade to a sunset/night helicopter tour over New York City at no additional cost. We hope we get a chance to fly with you in the near future. Thank you.
Long Island, NY
“Helicopter tour of NYC... Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

An incredible experience on a flawless flight. Never a worry with Brett at the stick on a picture perfect day!! The staff and facility is top notch! Thank you seems inadequate but THANK YOU for making this helicopter tour of NYC a great day for both of us!

Visited May 2013
Key West, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Experience of a Lifetime”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I received a certificate for a lesson as a Christmas present - best gift I've ever received! I've wanted my pilot's license since I was 14. I loved the structure of the experience because the first half hour was a lesson in the office on how the helicopter worked and what to do. It certainly piqued my interest to learn more. The flight was also half an hour (wish it had been longer!), but I got to select which direction I wanted to fly. The pilot had me gradually take over controls one by one. I felt completely safe though. Whenever I was even about to mess up (which was quite a bit - it's exhilarating and nerve wracking to take the controls), the pilot would hop on so that the helicopter didn't jolt around. I would absolutely sign up for more experiences with Wings Air - maybe a longer one if they offer it!

Visited March 2013