“What a horrible Italian Restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bocca

La Bocca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Bocca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 263 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Westchester, New York, United States
“What a horrible Italian Restaurant!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The service is the worst, we waited and waited even people who came in after us were served before we were. We had dirty dishes sitting in front of us for 20 minutes, we had to ask for the menu's, we were served bread that even a bird would walk away from because it was so hard, with cold cooked onions that were soaked with oil. Their Tomato and cheese salad came also soaked in oil with red peppers that looked like slimy worms. When the main course was finally served, it was edible but nothing I would look forward to eating again. Then when requesting the check twice, we were charged for a refill of ice tea. I would not reccommend this restaurant to anyone, I would advise you too keep walking right past this restaurant to any other restaurant that is in downtown White Plains, and if there is no other place that is open, I would reccomend that you head home.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sandra M

Westchester County, NY
“Bland food, poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my first and last visit to La Bocca. Nice enough interior, slow and inattentive service, uninspired food, rude manager. Salad was drenched in oil, bread was hard, no olive oil or butter offered, just a plate of cold, greasy onions. Slow service, bland entrees and they charged $3 for a second glass oficed tea after asking if I wanted more, not if I wanted to buy a second glass - hot water and a tea bag over ice. Really? We waited a very long time for our waiter to clear our table, longer for deserts and the check. Spoke to the manager on the way out and he said they have been there for 8 years and have a good reputation. He said if we came back he would give us a gift. What - better food and service? hmmm....We told him we would never be back. There are so many great restaurants in downtown White Plains - why waste time and money at La Bocca?

• Visited March 2013
Pelham, New York
“I had a nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I used to have lunch at La Boca frequently when it first opened. Then my office was relocated for 3 years. I recently returned to White Plains, and went back to La Boca -- with some trepidation, because of the awful reviews I'd read. My husband and I had a very nice lunch here. The service was good. The bread was good, and came with sauteed onions and peppers, a nice change from butter or olive oil. Each of us had a sandwich, which was served on very good bread. It came with delicious sauteed haricots verts and some roasted potatoes, neither of which was mentioned on the menu. My husband had a cup of coffee, which he said was good quality. On the whole, I was pleased. (The menu had changed, and the 3 things I loved most were gone -- a grilled veggie sandwich with taleggio, a great minestrone and a penne vodka -- very sad). I don't know why people had such negative reactions.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gone from mediocre to terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

When La Bocca first opened it was great and a favorite of ours. Then it became meidiocre: now it is terrible. Service was horrible, no one took drink orders, told us specials or brought bread (which was ok since it was stale anyway). Antipasto consisted of stiff cardboard pieces of man, tansteless cheese and msytery vegitables. It was not seasone, nor did it have any olive oil on it. And they don't serve it with olive oil on the side. Main courses were tasteless and unseasoned. Didn't stay for desert. Plenty of better Italian Restaurants in White Plains.

• Visited February 2013
White Plains, New York
“Go somewhere else ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

They took from my debit card for their overpriced food three dollars more than what I was willing to pay (tips!), in the hope that I would not recognize it! Beware. The try to catch attention with their menu shown outside, which is just the lunch menu. The dinner menu is very expensive and the food does not hold its value.

• Visited January 2013