“Lived here over two years, 1st time here... should've come two years ago”

Haiku Lounge & Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 264 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Elmsford, New York
“Lived here over two years, 1st time here... should've come two years ago”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Food is really really good. I never knee what good dumplings were till I came here.... service was slow for a Tuesday but food was excellent. Wife loves coconut shrimp. Will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013

Carmel, New York
“Good food, nice, noisy atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had dinner with 2 friends last night at this lively restaurant. Parking in the lot behind is impossible. I circled 3 times (about 20 minutes) before I grabbed a spot from someone who was leaving. This definitely is annoying. Service is brisk and efficient without the "hover" effect. We started with a bowl of edamame. I had a prawn dish that was very good, but a little spicy - even though I had asked that the spice be left out. My friends both enjoyed their sushi. It is a bit difficult to talk because of the noise level, but I would go back.

New York City, New York
“Sub-par Service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were seated quickly as we arrived at the end of the lunch rush, but a waiter didn't approach us for quite some time (probably about 10 minutes). He didn't ask if we'd like anything to drink he simply said "do you know what you want yet?" I was slightly taken aback as you would think a server who works off tips would be more friendly to the customers. The food came out reasonably quick but the waiter never approached again until he brought us the check. I felt that his service was sub-par and for that reason I'm not sure I would go here again. The quality of food was very good though and the atmosphere was nice.

1 Thank DaniC4590
new york
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am not a big sushi eater..I only eat California and spicy crunchy tuna rolls. I dined at Haiku for the first time and ordered both rolls. They were outstanding! The rolls were very generous in size as well. The best I have had. The atmosphere of the restaurant was very upbeat...started getting crowded around 10. We had no problem getting a table at 7:30. The service was very good as well. We were so full that we had no room for dessert! I would definitely return!

1 Thank susie41
Mamaroneck, New York
“Shock”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular patron of the haiku location in Mamaroneck. The food is always very good as is the staff.

Recently, I was planning dinner at my mothers home in white plains. We called the white plains haiku for delivery. We had a large order, perhaps about $75.00.

I asked for a modification to one dish which is never a problem at the Mamaroneck location. The white plains location manager refused to do it. She even said to me "go order from the Mamaroneck haiku then!"

Unreal.