“I stay at this hotel very often.I work right down the block..this place is great! They treat you like family..Anthony the manage”

HYATT house White Plains
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in White Plains
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Anthony the manager is a very nice guy .if you have a problem he will do whatever he has to do to take care of it..Margaret, marryann..front desk are truely the best.they are very helpful caring and show concern...David the security guard is also a very nice guy.. these people treat you like family...hotel is clean beautiful, and the residents are very friendly.. I love this place...adeline

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Corte Madera, CA
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We had been looking for a comfortable place for our 5 person family to stay in Westchester for years. When we found this hotel this summer we wondered why it took so long. This property is conveniently located near all the major highways that run through Westchester. It feels recently built, is in very nice condition, the rooms are very comfortable and the staff throughout the hotel couldn't be friendlier. This hotel compares very nicely nicely to other family oriented hotels we stay at around the country. The two bedroom suites worked very well for our family of 5. The only gripe we have at all about this property is the price of drinks and snacks at the front desk--bring your own drinks and food when staying here--$3 for a soda or bottle of water is outrageous. Notwithstanding that, we plan to stay here again on our future visits to the area and highly recommend it to all.

Central New York
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I grew up in this area and still have family here. My daughters also attend college nearby, so Summerfield Suites has been a favorite for awhile. Our last visit was the best.

We went down to spend Thanksgiving with my daughters and my sister's family, and I wanted to bring our dog. I expected to get a room that was not quite as nice as rooms in the past, but was pleasantly surprised. It was just like all the others we'd stayed in, clean and well equipped. Our room was close to an exit where they had a dog-walking area with plastic bags, trash containers, and good lighting. Truly "pet-friendly".

The complimentary social hour buffet was welcome after a long day of driving, and the breakfast buffet was great. As always the staff was very welcoming. I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. In fact, I plan to return in a few weeks.

Reviewed November 23, 2011

Was here for a health, physical education, recreation, dance and sport conference. This place was wonderful. The bedroom units are separate from the living space and kitchen. It was convenient for making food in, instead of going out. Bonus was the hot breakfast. My son said the pull out sofa bed wins the sofa bed contest hands down! He even chose the sofa bed when the actual bed was available. The staff was helpful and moved us when there was an air conditioning problem. Someone was immediately at my door when I dialed 911 to report the theft of my wallet. Comforting to know that they monitor the 911 calls and rushed to the room to make sure I was safe.

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed for 4 days--accomodations are clean, 2 bdrm suites are well appointed but priced a bit high for what you get. I didn't have a problem but my husband and a couple people I overheard complained about droning from a/c-heat units.

Breakfast in the morning was fine, hot and cold options. "Social hour" with free snacks, wine/beer was a nice touch.

Pet friendly--up to 75 pounds and a non-refundable pet deposit (to pay for scrubbing down of the room so it can accomodate possibly allergic guests after you leave).

The location is a bit tricky--nearly impossible to get to when coming down from the north on I684 but not too bad when coming from the east or west.
Overall it was acceptable.

Harrison, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2011

An excelent residential hotel, confortably furnished, well-equiped kitchen, and very good complementary breakfasts. Friendly service, close to downtown White Plains, and easy access to all major highways.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I shared a 2 bedroom suite with all the comforts of home without any of the responsibilities. Wonderful breakfast each morning and 4 week nights an early evening "snack time".
The bed was heaven as was my entire room, no air conditioner noise, very quiet and homey.
All staff was courteous and helpful. Front desk and management went above and beyond their jobs for our company. We used about a dozen rooms with people moving in and out for about 3 weeks. This Hyatt was the best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Westchester
Courtyard Tarrytown Greenburgh

Been to HYATT house White Plains? Share your experiences!